Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible new Legendary that gives Keg Smash 2 charges?

Looks like Warriors and DH tanks are getting Legendaries that give them 1 extra charge of anti magic and anti physical damage CD and recently in PTR Keg Smash was changed to a "recharge" CD which opens it up to the possibility of getting charges in the future.

I put 2 and 2 together and figured maybe the BrM Leggo that's coming up may give KS an extra charge.

If this happens, wouldn't it be undoubtedly the best legendary for the spec?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If this happens, wouldn't it be undoubtedly the best legendary for the spec?
    No. You should be using KS off cooldown. Thus, it would offer a DPS boost for world content and a small bump for M+, but not much beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScharfAsATack View Post
    No. You should be using KS off cooldown. Thus, it would offer a DPS boost for world content and a small bump for M+, but not much beyond that.
    Which Legendary would you say would be better than 2 charge KS (keep in mind KS also reduces the duration of all your Brews and can proc another KS)? Also, I'm going to go ahead and guess this legendary would probably fit in a chest slot or else people with the current chest leggo would be going around spamming KS and BoF in M+ all day.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    It does exist in PTR, MMOC just missed it. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151788/s...outs-last-gasp

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Which Legendary would you say would be better than 2 charge KS (keep in mind KS also reduces the duration of all your Brews and can proc another KS)? Also, I'm going to go ahead and guess this legendary would probably fit in a chest slot or else people with the current chest leggo would be going around spamming KS and BoF in M+ all day.
    You do realize that 2 charges doesn't mean you get twice as much keg smashes? And unlike shadow priest we are very much able to use it on CD without problem so the gain is minimum to none. During BL or at weird haste % you might gain something or with downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It does exist in PTR, MMOC just missed it. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151788/s...outs-last-gasp

You do realize that 2 charges doesn't mean you get twice as much keg smashes? And unlike shadow priest we are very much able to use it on CD without problem so the gain is minimum to none. During BL or at weird haste % you might gain something or with downtime.
    ^^ pretty much this 2nd part, extra charges mean you start with extra but you only gain 1 charge at a time so unless there are moments where you CAN NOT cast KS on anything you are only gaining that 1 extra cast for the entire fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    ^^ pretty much this 2nd part, extra charges mean you start with extra but you only gain 1 charge at a time so unless there are moments where you CAN NOT cast KS on anything you are only gaining that 1 extra cast for the entire fight.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm true. True.

In M+ I use Keg Smash to pull generally. For bigger packs, it misses some mobs sometimes. This is basically a quality of Life gain in my opinion. Big pack to agro, get them all with a couple smashes. I would like it very much!

Pretty much worthless outside of situations that will have heavy down time.

Even in Mythic+ no way in hell I'm waiting so long between pulls to get a double stack up outside of a few long runs(like the one up to Odin's room in HoV).

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, things that grant extra charges are ONLY really good if you have some way of instantly regaining those charges - BM is an excellent example of this, as their Dire Beast CD can instantly reset on crits. With an extra charge, this helps to significantly increase the number of Dire Beasts you can use during a fight.

Given that BrM monk's Keg Smash does not have a reset mechanic, it would only help BrM's of lower skill lvl who would lose out on max number of possible Keg Smash usages. Generally speaking, if you don't have a reset mechanic, extra charges essentially come out to "Use this ability 1 extra time a fight".

Exceptions include abilities that you use when needed, such as Survival Instincts on Feral/Guardian - Using it on CD would be a complete waste, so its much better to use it ONLY when you need it to survive, or help to greatly reduce incoming stress on the healers. For Feral especially, you aren't really wasting any charges if you only need to use it twice in a 6 minute fight, for example.

Also occurs on healers too - Riptide gaining an extra charge on Shamans means you can bank Riptide if what you really need to do is spam the shit outta chain heal for 8 seconds. For Resto, swiftmend gaining an extra charge means you can utilize it, along with SoTF, as a sort of "emergency super-healing time".
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'll probably use it for everything. It's pretty busted in M+. The walk between packs granting an extra Keg Smash opener is pretty huge. The possibility of quad Keg Smash x2 hitting 5 targets is too much to give up.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151788/s...outs-last-gasp

"Keg Smash gains 1 additional charge and has 25% increased radius."
    25% radius increase... Hnnnngh! the amount of shit it can miss currently even pretty close... this is amazing

Deleted
    I would say it could make it easier to maximize dps potential from proc trinkets i.e. monitor procs and always use both charges at that time. Playing like this would potentially net a small dps increase. Could also help with skittish.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    25% radius increase... Hnnnngh! the amount of shit it can miss currently even pretty close... this is amazing
    The increases radius is actually far more useful then the charge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessuithiel View Post
    I would say it could make it easier to maximize dps potential from proc trinkets i.e. monitor procs and always use both charges at that time. Playing like this would potentially net a small dps increase. Could also help with skittish.
    There's no way that not using Keg Smash on cooldown will be a DPS increase. Most trinkets proc ~1 time per minute (hence why we use PPM as a metric).

There's no way that not using Keg Smash on cooldown will be a DPS increase. Most trinkets proc ~1 time per minute (hence why we use PPM as a metric).
    You prevent brews from capping, KS will be similar, not that hard to understand. As long as you don't cap KS charges, you will end up with the same number of casts per fight. Sitting on one charge and casting only to prevent capping will allow you to use the second charge when procs are up, meaning more of those same number of casts are under a buff as opposed to not, leading to increased damage. Not rocket science. Not that I think it's even worth trying to do IMO, unless you are being a parselord. Probably'd be a minor gain unless you got a couple of heavy crit proc trinkets or somethin, but I'm feelycrafting.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    You prevent brews from capping, KS will be similar, not that hard to understand. As long as you don't cap KS charges, you will end up with the same number of casts per fight. Sitting on one charge and casting only to prevent capping will allow you to use the second charge when procs are up, meaning more of those same number of casts are under a buff as opposed to not, leading to increased damage. Not rocket science. Not that I think it's even worth trying to do IMO, unless you are being a parselord. Probably'd be a minor gain unless you got a couple of heavy crit proc trinkets or somethin, but I'm feelycrafting.
    Assuming no pauses in the middle of the fight, you would only get to do this once without missing any casts, though. Otherwise I really don't see trinket procs making up for missed casts. We'll see, I suppose.

Assuming no pauses in the middle of the fight, you would only get to do this once without missing any casts, though. Otherwise I really don't see trinket procs making up for missed casts. We'll see, I suppose.
    Well once the trinket procs are over you can wait out a charge then go back to using it to avoid capping until the next proc. Granted I don't know how the rotation will play out or if this is even doable energy-wise or whatever, but that's the premise, save a charge for procs (or boss vulnerabilities like skorp, or add spawns), use it on cd as long as you will get that benefit, then start saving a charge again once its back to normal. Our rotation is normally pretty tight as-is so yeah we'll see indeed once changes happen and we get to play around with it.

There's no way that not using Keg Smash on cooldown will be a DPS increase.
    You get blackout combo buff and use tiger palm instead.
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2017-05-28 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will definitely be the best DPS legendary for late farm bosses where half of the fight you are in Bloodlust. The static 3s blackout strike makes us waste much during BL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Legendary was changed and is ridiculous OP now:
    Keg Smash gains 1 additional charge and (old - has 25% increased radius.) deals 25% increased damage.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2017-06-01 at 05:20 AM.