Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hahah, good to know. I mean, I HAVE the first on PS3 and kinda wanted to play it first anyway, so responses here solidify that plan.

Oh no, I was meh when it was first shown and watching Gosetsu when he was with us in the last patch. The last trailer looks awesome and I'm totally hyped for Samurai now. Bear in mind, I'm swapping from Ninja, which hasn't looked all that new and intriguing for me (giant frog doesn't grab my interest). I'll still level NIN eventually, but Samurai is looking fun to me.
    SAM looks like it'll be fun to play, fun to derp around on, but probably hard to master. RDM on the other hand, looks like a class that can carry a group. A rapid ranged DPS with a very strong heal and a combat res they can instant cast, will also be pretty solid option for doing stuff solo thanks to that massive heal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    SAM looks like it'll be fun to play, fun to derp around on, but probably hard to master. RDM on the other hand, looks like a class that can carry a group. A rapid ranged DPS with a very strong heal and a combat res they can instant cast, will also be pretty solid option for doing stuff solo thanks to that massive heal.
    Hehe, trigger dual cast, swiftcast, instant raise, verheal raised person to trigger dual cast, raise a second person.

I suspect they're going to be a popular DPS class for progression raids learning fights.

Deleted
    with Stormblood kicking in are MSQ a must still? I'm level 30 and it seems to many MSQs for what I want (astrologian). Any advice or should I just suck it and continue doing them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    with Stormblood kicking in are MSQ a must still? I'm level 30 and it seems to many MSQs for what I want (astrologian). Any advice or should I just suck it and continue doing them?
    You either do all of the MSQ or you wait for SB and pay money to buy a story skip potion to skip all of the pre-SB MSQs.

This doesn't level you though (afaik) so if you also need a level boost you would also need to buy a jump potion.

Not sure if prices have been announced but I would expect $25 to $30 per potion US.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-08 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I pressed on, completed Nidhogg, was disappointed. It was a gorgeous fight, literally beautiful and from videos I had seen I was really excited to do it, but other than 3 room AOE telegraphs and 1 add phase, there wasn't anything in the fight. There may have been a divebomb line AOE phase too, but I don't remember it.
    It is unfortunate what the normal mode fights such as Thordan and Nidhogg look like. Nidhogg Ex has been one of my favorite trials (however, nothing beats how good Thordan was on content imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'd love to hear your opinion (if you have the time) on Nidhogg extreme. That's probably regarded as the last proper extreme primal fight in HW. The normal fight doesn't do it justice with how easy it is and the extreme version definitely feels like you're fighting a freaking dragon filled with rage.
    I regrettably haven't done it (and likely doing it now will be trivial, now that strats are ironed out and perfected and gear is plentiful.

I actually didn't even know there was an EX version so that makes me happy to know (I knew there was a Thordan one that I missed too sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    It is unfortunate what the normal mode fights such as Thordan and Nidhogg look like. Nidhogg Ex has been one of my favorite trials (however, nothing beats how good Thordan was on content imo).
    Thordan is a beautiful fight and still to this day can be hard with people who don't know the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I regrettably haven't done it (and likely doing it now will be trivial, now that strats are ironed out and perfected and gear is plentiful.

I actually didn't even know there was an EX version so that makes me happy to know (I knew there was a Thordan one that I missed too sadly).
    Every primal in HW has an extreme version whenever said primal gets released. Sephiroth is another good one but it doesn't have the grandeur of Niddy.

Furthering what xerus said:

Complete the MSQ: Levels you up & finishes the story, but you'll have 100 quests after you finish the 2.0 MSQ. You're kind of in the slog zone right now, but the story does pick up after that and is better on the final push to 50. After those, the 100 quests from 2.1 to 3.0 are a slot at first, but get a LOT better story-wise towards the middle to end. If you play through these, I'd recommend particularly paying attention to Lady Yugiri and the Doman refugees and anything with the Crystal Braves as those come up again later in the MSQ and even have story threads that come up at the end of Heavensward to directly lead into Stormblood.

Your other option:
    $18 MSQ skip potion that will flag all quests up to 3.0 as complete. This would then let you access Astrologian, which starts at 30. You could level it up through various means and play through Heavensward MSQ (notably shorter than ARR in total) as astrologian.
    $25 MSQ skip potion that will flag all quests up to 3.4 as complete and allow you to access Astrologian. You'd only need to level it to 60 by various means to get to Stormblood.

Level boost potions cost $25 and are sold per job. They level said job to 60. You could buy either MSQ skip + Astrologian level boost potion to start with a level 60 astrologian ready to straight into Stormblood on June 16.

All potions will be on the mog station on June 16, same day as early access start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Furthering what xerus said:

Complete the MSQ: Levels you up & finishes the story, but you'll have 100 quests after you finish the 2.0 MSQ. You're kind of in the slog zone right now, but the story does pick up after that and is better on the final push to 50. After those, the 100 quests from 2.1 to 3.0 are a slot at first, but get a LOT better story-wise towards the middle to end. If you play through these, I'd recommend particularly paying attention to Lady Yugiri and the Doman refugees and anything with the Crystal Braves as those come up again later in the MSQ and even have story threads that come up at the end of Heavensward to directly lead into Stormblood.

Your other option:
    $18 MSQ skip potion that will flag all quests up to 3.0 as complete. This would then let you access Astrologian, which starts at 30. You could level it up through various means and play through Heavensward MSQ (notably shorter than ARR in total) as astrologian.
    $25 MSQ skip potion that will flag all quests up to 3.4 as complete and allow you to access Astrologian. You'd only need to level it to 60 by various means to get to Stormblood.

Level boost potions cost $25 and are sold per job. They level said job to 60. You could buy either MSQ skip + Astrologian level boost potion to start with a level 60 astrologian ready to straight into Stormblood on June 16.

All potions will be on the mog station on June 16, same day as early access start.
    Thanks both you and @xerus for the info.

I think I'm gonna level through potd and doing the class quests and buy the potions. I reckon 60-70 leveling will be enough to get me going with the class, although I'll test astrologian in potd before buying the 60 potion.

Right now I'm level 30 scholar and I find most fun on potd, dungeon and the MSQs while they are OKish they don't give that much xp and feels like a never ending story for me since I want to be an astrologian. It isn't because I don't like leveling through MSQ, is because I'm obsessed with astrologian haha. Dunno if you know what I mean
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-06-08 at 08:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks both you and @xerus for the info.

I think I'm gonna level through potd and doing the class quests and buy the potions. I reckon 60-70 leveling will be enough to get me going with the class, although I'll test astrologian in potd before buying the 60 potion.
    I'm not sure where you are at in the MSQ series but you have to finish ARR (which is 284 MSQ) and unlock Heavensward (which means you have to level something to 50) to be able to play AST if you are looking at doing it pre-SB potions.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-08 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I'm not sure where you are at in the MSQ series but you have to finish ARR (which is 284 MSQ) and unlock Heavensward (which means you have to level something to 50) to be able to play AST if you are looking at doing it pre-SB potions.
    No, not at all. Sorry if I expressed myself badly. I'm gonna continue leveling my scholar until 16th arrives, then get the potions to skip the MSQs and pop an AST

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in piece thread, we'll miss you.

Greetings everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedbacks and we will be closing the thread now.

Farewell and take care!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4186385

Yoshi-P has said that there are people with healers who don't use them because of the pressure to DPS. That the removal of Cleric stance hopefully eases these people back into healing.

(See https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...ew-Translation)

Personally, I kind of hope SE gets fed up and reduces healer DPS to zero in instances. It would settle the argument once and for all.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2017-06-08 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Personally, I kind of hope SE gets fed up and reduces healer DPS to zero in instances. It would settle the argument once and for all.
    If they would do that, I'd simply drop healer and play either tank or DPS in dungeons.

It's not fun to stand large part of dungeon, doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, stance-dancing is history in about a week, so soon there's no need to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If they would do that, I'd simply drop healer and play either tank or DPS in dungeons.

It's not fun to stand large part of dungeon, doing nothing.
    Thats the balance. There apparently are a large number of healers who don't heal because of the dps requirement. You gain them back as healers, but lose the healers who are pro-dps. It might be better, it might be worse. It all depends on numbers we don't have.

I wish they didn't close that thread.

It's an important discussion to be had, I think.

Healers not dpsing in FFXIv should be banned. There is literally no reason whatsoever for a healer not to dps.

I don't even know how people can play healers in ffxiv and not dps... how aren't they bored ?

- - - Updated - - -

A quick question : did they announce when (hour) the early access starts ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I wish they didn't close that thread.

It's an important discussion to be had, I think.
    Now it's just matter of seeing how long until somebody creates new one.

You would think they'd prefer to have discussion in one place instead of having multiple locked threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Now it's just matter of seeing how long until somebody creates new one.

You would think they'd prefer to have discussion in one place instead of having multiple locked threads.
    I feel like it's damage control. In similarly controversial threads they at least stated that they'd be locking the thread to remove some of the more inappropriate replies and would then open it up again later. This time around it feels very final - and if they're legitimately interested in feedback then I would have thought they'd want to leave the thread open to gather as much as possible.

Given how long it took them to respond properly to the thread surrounding the EU promotion item fiasco, though, I can't claim to be surprised.