Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I'm bit worried that if Affliction doesn't trump Destro dps in most situations it might end up being 'dead' spec and we'll have same migration when nearly all Fire mages had to go Frost. We're back to square one with Aff doing slow ramp up damage with no way whatsoever to deal with fast switching or bursting, requiring rest of raid to carry you, and if Destro can do it providing same or better dps then well, Affliction doesnt really have spot in raid.
    It IS goign to end up a dead spec, with destro most likely being the go-to as there are plenty of cleave / high prio adds fights in ToS and while Demo is simming higher atm (like stupidly higher) Demo also has the movement tax...

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    99% sure you had some bad players in the raid, so please stop spreading information that's not 100% accurate. I'm pretty sure destro will get another 7-10% buff after first heroic id cause that's where the real tuning happens.
    Probably as the last sims i saw had destro ST something like 60% behind Demo, tho demo just got a big hit literarly today....

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Most of the world's warlocks in top 50 guilds in NH were destro on almost all fights. Pretty clear if you weren't accepted as destro than by definition you weren't in "high mythic raiding"
    Hardly all fights but Destro was viable on both Elisande and Gul'dan , Elisande seeing a majority of Destro logs and Gul'dan about 50% aff 25% destro 25% demo

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post

Just got them 2h ago, feelsbadman
    Sure it's sucks, it was powerfull with the t20 set bonus, but dw it's gona get buffed back to 2 after tomb right......................... right?!.... guys?! *wrists*

Ye atm looks like aff is playing like it did in 7.0, great with adds but utter trash in cleave and ST (i know it's simming above destro and under demo ST atm but destro is their new baby so mark my words it WILL get buffed during HC / before M comes out) and Demo took a hit soooo at least there's destro to look forward to?

(also look at mages, fire wasn't brought back up and frost got castrated and people not even looking at arcane for near a year now... gotta keep that hamster running so i'd wager my 1 remaining nut Aff will not be ALLOWED to be good in ToS - and it's not tin foil at this theory, cockups are one thing but blizzard has been nothing short of malicious this xpac with heavy handed changes)

PS also Combat for rogue got killed off pretty quickly and now Ass is getting the same old treatment as well, if the AP / leggo system stick around for the next xpac i will never play a pure dps again as at this point they are literarly rotating specs, the grind must flow!
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2017-06-07 at 10:27 AM.

I still play my old Demo lock, it just happens to be called a Demon Hunter now.

I loved how complicated Demo became, it was hard to play well and you really had to concentrate around MOP, then it was simplified and simplified until it became toss and suffered a horrifying divorce.

I miss old Demo

Now my lock is Destro, but it is purely an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotharess-AZM View Post
    I still play my old Demo lock, it just happens to be called a Demon Hunter now.

I loved how complicated Demo became, it was hard to play well and you really had to concentrate around MOP, then it was simplified and simplified until it became toss and suffered a horrifying divorce.

I miss old Demo

Now my lock is Destro, but it is purely an alt.
    Stellar contribution to this thread, wouldn't have survived without this information going into Tomb.

Deleted
    I think the best way to go is to go with Affliction or Destro as a main spec and try to keep the other as relevant as possible. I have 52+ traits in all 3 specs, but I doubt I will play Demo for any of the progression fights as i do not have any good legendaries. Personally I feel Affliction is going to be a great spec to progress with after the 7.2.5 changes. At the moment it has great survivability and the changes to MG makes movement less punishing. I think we are going to have a better idea of how the encounters play after the HC week, but baring any crazy swings in tuning in the next week I find it hard to justify not playing affliction (and having destro as backup) going into the first weeks of ToS progression.

Deleted
    Same here, I main Affliction and have all Legendarys for it and now I'm collecting them for Destro. I have 52+ traits in all specs however I only consider switching to Destro if needed since I don't like the Demo playstyle.

Also the 7.2.5. changes are good for Affliction since having to move isn't as punishing as before and what I have seen and tested ToS has a fucking lot of movement! We also get an execute so that's jus one more good point looking forward to ToS and 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Stellar contribution to this thread, wouldn't have survived without this information going into Tomb.
    awwww did shumbody shay shomething da baby didn't wike caush he didn't wead de whole fowum? poor baby!

If you would have read the previous pages, there are people talking about Demo and it's feasibility and usefulness and why they have discounted it or no longer play it

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-06-09 at 03:46 PM.

awwww did shumbody shay shomething da baby didn't wike caush he didn't wead de whole fowum? poor baby!

If you would have read the previous pages, there are people talking about Demo and it's feasibility and usefulness and why they have discounted it or no longer play it
    He just pointed out that your post had no useful contribution to the topic, none, just personal feelings, off topic one could say.
    Another feasible answer would have been "Cool story bro."

And this kind of answer just underlines the problem he pointed out before, even if it was in a sarcastic way.

10+ Year Old Account

This is why elitist jerks was actually good back in the day because members like you were instantly banned for talking bullshit and contributing zero to the thread.

Thanks for talking about meta, demon hunters and old demo re: Warlock in ToS and 7.2.5 - like I said, invaluable resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    This is why elitist jerks was actually good back in the day because members like you were instantly banned for talking bullshit and contributing zero to the thread.

Thanks for talking about meta, demon hunters and old demo re: Warlock in ToS and 7.2.5 - like I said, invaluable resource.
    I miss that site so much.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

regarding to the patch did i miss something why generates Inc only 1 bit? => On PTR its base 2 Bits (and a thrid on crit)

imgur.com / a / L5cSo

Hope its a bug ......

can't post direct link i'm sorry

As we learned from the past, don't trust things until it's live.

Things change even during posting notes and applying the build to the live servers.

And official patch notes are often not accurate, as we saw with the 7.2 patch notes.

Final verdicts can be given after the first week of mythic raiding, when Blizzard does his hopefully last tuning pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    These notes have nothing to do with reality on PTR.

Blizzard messed up patch notes? The surprise is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarx View Post
    Hey guys,

regarding to the patch did i miss something why generates Inc only 1 bit? => On PTR its base 2 Bits (and a thrid on crit)

imgur.com / a / L5cSo

Hope its a bug ......

can't post direct link i'm sorry
    2p from ToS tier does that

Deleted
    come on man please give some real feedback .... on PTR it's 2 bits baseline and 3 Bits with 2p (from t20)
    Last edited by mmocc878662086; 2017-06-09 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Patch notes seem incomplete or they pushed them out on a previous build.

Missing stuff like the mastery change to destro as well, which is the one thing that is interesting me since gear between the spec i want to play (aff/destro) will have similar stat weights...........hopefully.

I am glad destro is sort of returning to a more MOP playstyle in terms of how we generate (emberbits) soul shards and pooling and dumping less frequent but big dick CBs during procs/damage phases, i really enjoyed the spec plus good use cooldown based havoc on secondary targets was a nice little meta game for extra damage.

My gut feeling is that with all the movement in TOS that destro will suffer far less than aff since on a base level the way the specs both want to do max damage (consuming soul shards) destro does not have a drain cycle attached to it, all be it aff is now less reliant on MG but for ST fights its still there, then again haunt may well be the better talent.........

Edit: The more i think about it on heavy movement haunt has to be the way to go, if we are constantly moving during the whole fight i.e every 7-10s then fitting those UA's into the gaps and haunting them will almost certainly net more damage than clipping MG on ST, i maybe stating the obvious here but it also just makes me plain thing destro will be much better in this type of scenario since all the damage is in CB's
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2017-06-10 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Patch notes say: "Immolate’s periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment". PTR says periodic damage generates 1 fragment and crits have a 50% chance to generate 2. Maybe patch notes are real because sometimes non critical periodic damage don't give a fragment.

Deleted
    There's a long established history of patch notes being inaccurate. I'd be far more inclinded to believe what's on the ptr.

The affliction notes do not even include the change to writhe in agony talent lol

I'd also say, if you are talkign about a heavy movement fight...the choice is not haunt. It's writhe in agony.

I think that haunt was aimed at giving aff some "burst", i.e. snap off a haunt and then dump ua's. The massive nerf to it;s upfront hit and duration making it impossible to fit a full UA dump mean, well, haunt is gonna sit unused. Maybe in dungeons where you use it on targetted trash as a kill resets the cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    There's a long established history of patch notes being inaccurate. I'd be far more inclinded to believe what's on the ptr.

The affliction notes do not even include the change to writhe in agony talent lol

I'd also say, if you are talkign about a heavy movement fight...the choice is not haunt. It's writhe in agony.

I think that haunt was aimed at giving aff some "burst", i.e. snap off a haunt and then dump ua's. The massive nerf to it;s upfront hit and duration making it impossible to fit a full UA dump mean, well, haunt is gonna sit unused. Maybe in dungeons where you use it on targetted trash as a kill resets the cooldown.
    Haunt is doing the exact same thing as MG except at @15% damage buff for 10s, you dont get the full 70% buff from MG on live currently on a full 5 UA dump either, since you dont start draining till the end of the fifth cast.

The point is if you do UA>Haunt>4xUA(maybe 1-2 ticks lost because of travel time) with enough haste all the UA's should tick inside the buff so then if you cannot drain because of movement you are still getting those UA's ticking at 15% more damage opposed to 0% because you cannot drain with MG, so on heavy movement it will be superior.

Whether it out damages WiA after the nerf to 15 stacks is another question. Perhaps with the Leg helm WiA will be better, certainly at the current 20 stacks it would be, still need to wait on final numbers to sim that out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Haunt is doing the exact same thing as MG except at @15% damage buff for 10s, you dont get the full 70% buff from MG on live currently on a full 5 UA dump either, since you dont start draining till the end of the fifth cast.

The point is if you do UA>Haunt>4xUA(maybe 1-2 ticks lost because of travel time) with enough haste all the UA's should tick inside the buff so then if you cannot drain because of movement you are still getting those UA's ticking at 15% more damage opposed to 0% because you cannot drain with MG, so on heavy movement it will be superior.

Whether it out damages WiA after the nerf to 15 stacks is another question. Perhaps with the Leg helm WiA will be better, certainly at the current 20 stacks it would be, still need to wait on final numbers to sim that out tho.
    WiA's output is also not limited to ST, which makes it better the moment there is more than one long lived target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    WiA's output is also not limited to ST, which makes it better the moment there is more than one long lived target.
    Ofc, i was talking ST, i assumed that the OP would realise that as if you are not taking WiA in 7.2.5 on a multi dot fight then there is something wrong with you.