'Stacking' resto shamans in raid healing

Hello!

Right now I main a resto druid. However, for ToS, since my guild is aiming for class diversity when it comes to healing, I was wondering what your suggestings would be to have more than one rshammy in the raid.

Right now, our healing composition is 3 resto druids and 1 resto shaman.
    If I were to go shaman, we would be 2 by 2.

I am asking this, because I've heard so much that having one shaman is very good for progression, however I am not sure if it will be better to stay with 3 resto druids or go 2 by 2.

Pleas dont give me the 'play what you enjoy' advice, I enjoy healing on all classes, and both the druid and shaman healing is very fun and engaging for me.

Thanks in advance!

If you had such a stupid comp in the first place for NH, chances are your guild is ranked in the thousands.

In short, it doesn't matter for your guild what everyone plays.

If you had to choose between any healer for your guild, Paladin would be the best.

Having more than 1 shaman is usually not that great, they have decent spot healing, but the redundancy is felt very much on progress. If you were to go holy paladin, then you would have a pretty amazing setup.

Deleted
    I'd recommend a paladin or priest then, just for some different cooldowns and mechanics...

If you can choose freely I strongly would recommend going hpala.

Other than that, you can find pretty much every healing combo in the mythic guldan logs by now. So as it doesn't seem you strife for some cutting edge progression any heal combination will do.

But with the upcoming druid nerfs it might be wise not to place all your money on the one horse. Hard to say how everything develops in ToS, but if you can only choose between resto shaman and resto druid and you are already sporting two other resto druids it might be wise to switch to shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    What an unnecessarily hostile and snarky comment.
    He is right though

Quote Originally Posted by Sonqopura View Post
    He is right though
    Doesnt need to be a dick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you had such a stupid comp in the first place for NH, chances are your guild is ranked in the thousands.
    Seems hyperbolic.

It's 1 holy pala away from being ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Polanco View Post
    Doesnt need to be a dick about it.
    Maybe the wording could have been softer... and it is true.
    OP's messaging is conflicting, if he/she truly cared about raid comp and "class diversity", then even 2+2 shaman+druid isn't ideal.

OP said: "my guild is aiming for class diversity when it comes to healing.....Please dont give me the 'play what you enjoy' advice' "

If 2+2 shaman druid is acceptable to OP's guild, and is considered "class diversity", then the basis of the OP's question is pointless, as it is evident they aren't progression-minded enough to properly diversify their heal squad in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    Maybe the wording could have been softer... and it is true.
    OP's messaging is conflicting, if he/she truly cared about raid comp and "class diversity", then even 2+2 shaman+druid isn't ideal.

OP said: "my guild is aiming for class diversity when it comes to healing.....Please dont give me the 'play what you enjoy' advice' "

If 2+2 shaman druid is acceptable to OP's guild, and is considered "class diversity", then the basis of the OP's question is pointless, as it is evident they aren't progression-minded enough to properly diversify their heal squad in the first place.
    Didn't say the first responder was wrong, but the OP was looking for advice. A simple, "adding another rshaman doesn't real give your raid comp diversity. Maybe try Hpally" would of worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naethas View Post
    Hello!

Right now I main a resto druid. However, for ToS, since my guild is aiming for class diversity when it comes to healing, I was wondering what your suggestings would be to have more than one rshammy in the raid.

Right now, our healing composition is 3 resto druids and 1 resto shaman.
    If I were to go shaman, we would be 2 by 2.

I am asking this, because I've heard so much that having one shaman is very good for progression, however I am not sure if it will be better to stay with 3 resto druids or go 2 by 2.

Pleas dont give me the 'play what you enjoy' advice, I enjoy healing on all classes, and both the druid and shaman healing is very fun and engaging for me.

Thanks in advance!
    It seems like you're looking for a reason to play a shaman. You're better off sticking with the class that you've been playing, gearing, and collecting AP with. That's more benefit to your guild than just a number. It's most likely that you're the one looking for more diversity with healers in the guild. Not necessarily the guild. Having another resto shaman won't give you more diversity. It will just be a number that says "Hey, now we have even numbers of X class.". If you want diversity truly, then go pally.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G