Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well i noticed something interesting from E3. Microsofts bit minecraft update included cross platform play. PC, Xbox, Switch, PS4, Vita and Mac can all play together.

If Xbone is in such a state it finally makes them give up on the no cross platform standpoint maybe xbox owners will finally get FFXIV? I knew a fair few folks who played XI on 360 and picked a Xbone up expecting XIV to hit eventually so i would not be surprised if theres an audience for it.
    Was that confirmed? Their phrasing made me a little unclear as it kiiiinda sounded like it would be PC and all XBox consoles could play together. I couldn't quite tell if it mean PS4/XB1 play together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It was Microsoft. SE was in talks with Microsoft about bringing a port to the Xbox but Microsoft was wanting an Xbox only version at the time but both parties were open to discussing it again in the future.
    Not sure when that was but Microsoft public stated they were open to cross platform everything over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It was Microsoft. SE was in talks with Microsoft about bringing a port to the Xbox but Microsoft was wanting an Xbox only version at the time but both parties were open to discussing it again in the future.
    Yeah, Microsoft has wanted a full contained/controlled environment. The Xbox/Windows crossplay only just recently started pushing them in the direction cross-system play.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Not sure when that was but Microsoft public stated they were open to cross platform everything over a year ago.
    Microsoft has been infamously salty ever since FFXI got exempt from the "xbox live tax" back in the day and has "repeatedly refused" according to multiple live letters over the years.

It was with the launch of Windows 10 and they started the XBox/Win10 shared environment that they were open to cross platform. Doesn't mean it's an instant thing for everyone to plop their game in. Yoshida has talked about wanting the game on XBox One more than once.

I might be mistaken, but I think Rocket League was the first, and may still be the only, game that's PC/PS4/XB1 crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Quick question: If I buy the normal edition of Stormblood on Steam, would it be possible to upgrade to the "Collector's Edition" later on?
    Yes. On the mogstation account page, youll have the option to upgrade, eventually. Not sure if its there now but with Heavensward, that was possible

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It was with the launch of Windows 10 and they started the XBox/Win10 shared environment that they were open to cross platform. Doesn't mean it's an instant thing for everyone to plop their game in. Yoshida has talked about wanting the game on XBox One more than once.

I might be mistaken, but I think Rocket League was the first, and may still be the only, game that's PC/PS4/XB1 crossed.
    Yeah i think he's confusing actual crossplay with that "#win10fam" idea where they tried to roll xbox and pc together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i think he's confusing actual crossplay with that "#win10fam" idea where they tried to roll xbox and pc together.
    I'm not. As recently as CDR with Gwent or Blizzard with OW they said they wanted cross play but Sony is the hold up. After Microsofts announcement in like March of 2016, Sony has yet to follow through on its statement that it is open to conversations with developers.

Basically everyone is saying Sony is dragging their feet and the only roadblock to cross platform play.

Even Rocket League had to wait on Sony to make it happen.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-12 at 06:19 PM.

I'm not. As recently as CDR with Gwent or Blizzard with OW they said they wanted cross play but Sony is the hold up. After Microsofts announcement in like March of 2016, Sony has yet to follow through on its statement that it is open to conversations with developers.
    If Sony is causing any issues for games like Overwatch then that's a separate issue. Yoshi-P has made statements multiple times that Microsoft is the one refusing FFXIV on their system unless they're given an exclusive version (meaning no cross platform.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

It's also easier for MMOs, I think, because they bypass the PSN and XBox Gold requirements of having paid memberships for multiplayer.

If it's not a subscription game, MS and Sony want it to still be tied into their paid service to access multiplayer and I imagine the publisher has to work through red tape to work that all out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox has been open to cross platform for a good while now. Afaik its Sony keeping it from happening in general.
    As stated by others, other way around. The reason Xbone doesn't have it is because Microsoft's policy was restrictive. When they said they were open to cross platform play, they also had the caveat that there must be a way to play with ONLY Xbox Live players. Yeah, that wasn't happening. That was the reason why 2nd negotiation with Yoship was denied.

Basically everyone is saying Sony is dragging their feet and the only roadblock to cross platform play.

Well looking online finds sony saying this: “PlayStation has been supporting cross-platform play between PC on several software titles starting with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 and PC back in 2002. We would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross platform play.” Along with statements that rocket league was a standout case due to getting the networks to work together properly.
    Though funnily enough they have said today that the minecraft cross play wont be happening on ps4/vita, not as an across the board psn statement but specifically for the game. Granted that could be because minecraft on consoles is a crash heavy nightmare at the best of times but still if MS leans away from their thirst for a closed, controlled system of windows 10 trying to be the new steam then maybe XIV will finally happen for xbox users.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure OW was said because "MKB was going to wreck controller".

Also PSO2 and SF5 says Sony has more cross platform than Microsoft.

As selfish as it may be, I don't want to see FFXIV made available for any other platform. It just increases the amount of stress on the development team to test and develop content - and it'd inevitably result in longer waits and/or less meat where content patches are concerned. Plus we moved away from the PS3 which means at present development can focus purely on the PS4/PC platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looking online finds sony saying this: “PlayStation has been supporting cross-platform play between PC on several software titles starting with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 and PC back in 2002. We would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross platform play.” Along with statements that rocket league was a standout case due to getting the networks to work together properly.
    Though funnily enough they have said today that the minecraft cross play wont be happening on ps4/vita, not as an across the board psn statement but specifically for the game. Granted that could be because minecraft on consoles is a crash heavy nightmare at the best of times but still if MS leans away from their thirst for a closed, controlled system of windows 10 trying to be the new steam then maybe XIV will finally happen for xbox users.
    It's crash heavy for mobile too! I got bored and started to mess around on Minecraft on Android, and my god the new patch added a lot of stuff and added a lot of crashes and bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Thats right, theres been a big stink in Destiny for the last 2 yeas over multiple 'pro destiny pvpers' showing their setup and having a usb dongle that allows for K+M when its not meant to be allowed and it lead to huge shitstorms over 'is this cheating or not?' and since then devs have been iffy about it on consoles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea they said that but they haven't done that with anyone yet either.

Yoshida said just the other day that they are still in negotiations with Microsoft to being FFXIV to Xbox
    "We want as many players joining Final Fantasy XIV as possible," Yoshida assured. Final Fantasy XIV's head honcho says the team's "base policy" to achieving this is to continuously explore different options for new platforms to bring their beloved game to, and that discussions with Nintendo and Microsoft were most definitely ongoing.

The problem, Yoshida says, is that as an MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has regular patch updates that can't be delayed depending on the platform. "We need to make sure Nintendo and Microsoft understand what we do and have them know about our online and QA regulations. We believe these conversations will take a long time."

According to Yoshida, the second hurdle is one of shared responsibility. Expanding to new platforms means growing your community and support for those communities needs to be a shared responsibility between Square Enix and Nintendo and/or Microsoft. Having those companies understand that is part of the ongoing discussion, a discussion that Yoshida doesn't see ending anytime soon.
    Any while my previous posts were accurate in the general context of cross platform play, FFXIV may be an exception to that for other reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Also PSO2 and SF5 says Sony has more cross platform than Microsoft.
    That isn't even relevant. The reference was to OW PS4/Xbox cross play, not with PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats right, theres been a big stink in Destiny for the last 2 yeas over multiple 'pro destiny pvpers' showing their setup and having a usb dongle that allows for K+M when its not meant to be allowed and it lead to huge shitstorms over 'is this cheating or not?' and since then devs have been iffy about it on consoles.
    I mean if they wanted it they could already code to allow it. PS4 already supports mouse/keyboard and Xbox is supposed to be getting support soon. Choosing not to would be a pretty good indicator that they don't want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea they said that but they haven't done that with anyone yet either.

Yoshida said just the other day that they are still in negotiations with Microsoft to being FFXIV to Xbox

Any while my previous posts were accurate in the general context of cross platform play, FFXIV may be an exception to that for other reasons.
    Except it isn't the exception. OW is the exception.
    That isn't even relevant. The reference was to OW PS4/Xbox cross play, not with PC.
    Didn't know you meant for PS4 and Xbox. Not sure what the situation is here but you're talking about the exception than the majority. Other games with cross platform, Street Fighter 5, FFXIV, PSO2, FFXI vs Overwatch.

Forgot DCU.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-12 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except it isn't the exception. OW is the exception.

Didn't know you meant for PS4 and Xbox. Not sure what the situation is here but you're talking about the exception than the majority. Other games with cross platform, Street Fighter 5, FFXIV, PSO2, FFXI vs Overwatch.
    I'm talking about how Microsoft publicly stated they are open to cross platform between PS4 and Xbox and game devs are the ones saying Sony is the holdup.

FFXIV has, apparently, other reasons caused by Microsoft for why it is not on Xbox yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about how Microsoft publicly stated they are open to cross platform between PS4 and Xbox and game devs are the ones saying Sony is the holdup.

FFXIV has, apparently, other reasons caused by Microsoft for why it is not on Xbox yet.
    The devs didn't say it, Microsoft did.
    Also you were stating that Sony was the hold up to cross platform play in general.

When it is in fact Sony with more cross platform play and Microsoft with absolutely none. If you want to say one is more open, at least show it is with games that are released instead of business political game play.