Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Additional Tuning for Patch 7.2.5 Release

Additional Tuning for Patch 7.2.5 Release
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As Patch 7.2.5 approaches release, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of tuning hotfixes in the works which we plan to apply either with or shortly after Patch 7.2.5 in each region. Many of these changes will be focused on PvP (and we shared the majority of them on Friday), but there will also be adjustments to a few Nighthold raid mechanics, and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs.

Note: We’re planning another round of class tuning for later in the week once we have more data from live realms; these are merely a first pass. Additionally, we plan to partially reduce the 7.2.5 nerf to Draught of Souls for Fury Warriors.

We’ll share full details on all of these changes as soon as possible.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    7.2.5 Enhancement Class Discussion
    We talked about it more and decided to let Stormstrike and Windstrike offhand attacks proc Stormbringer for now.

The thinking above is still true, and something we want to keep an eye on, but the changes already in place mean the numbers are quite different from the 7.0 version. In 7.0, if you had e.g. a 10% chance to proc from Stormstrike (main hand only), and 0% from Lava Lash and Boulderfist (and the procs were worth double due to Tempest), there was a huge swing in proc chance between using 3 Stormstrikes and using 3 other buttons. In 7.2.5, you may have 8% from the Lava Lash and Rockbiter, and 16% from the Stormstrike, and the a proc causes you to replace 2 other buttons with 2 Stormstrikes. The swing is much smaller now.

Because the 7.2.5 changes would already reduce the streakiness of Stormbringer procs (and because allowing offhands to proc is slightly more consistent with the tooltips), we'll let that play out on live and inform whether we need to make future changes to mitigate that streakiness further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard's sure doing a good job at giving us HOPE of good changes, then pulling back the change. Happened with Demon Blades, happening with Draught too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    The sheer audacity they have. STILL ignoring demon hunters and responding to others. God their behaviour is disgusting.
    oh cry me a river.
    im so sorry they aren't pandering to your personal favorite class.

So, there's hope for Fire mages after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    oh cry me a river.

No they just pander to the ones the devs play and stuff over every one elses, because been good devs is too hard right... Don't cry when ur server is dead.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh poor you, having to deal with nerfs and so on that all other classes have had to deal with over the years.. I always find it funny when everyone goes to the OP FOTM class of an expac then cry like two year olds when the class receives a nerf..

It is good to see that they are finally acknowledging the other under performing classes..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-06-13 at 05:48 AM.

So, there's hope for Fire mages after all?

The sheer audacity they have. STILL ignoring demon hunters and responding to others. God their behaviour is disgusting.
    look at sims, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Oh poor you, having to deal with nerfs and so on that all other classes have had to deal with over the years.. I always find it funny when everyone goes to the OP FOTM class of an expac then cry like two year olds when the class receives a nerf..

It is good to see that they are finally acknowledging the other under performing classes..
    It's also fun seeing people act like you do acting like the DH community is crying because of a nerf, when, if you actually knew anything, you'd realize DHs didn't actually receive a nerf. The issue is Havoc was promised major changes at the beginning of the patch cycle, we got a change that was a huge quality of life improvement, didn't really buff or nerf DPS, just removed a layer of RNG. Then, less than one week before the patch is set to go live, they revert it. They never once communicated anything in regards to plans for DH through the whole patch cycle that, again, was promised to have "Major Changes" and all that happened was 2 minor changes to 2 talents and a legendary nerf.

All the DH community is asking at this point is some god damned communication. Anything at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    No they just pander to the ones the devs play and stuff over every one elses, because been good devs is too hard right... Don't cry when ur server is dead.
    Demon Hunters have been consistently near the top, and both Shaman specs are at the bottom. God forbid they buffed one of the worst classes while giving a nerf to a class that will STILL be in the top 5 after the nerfs. Jesus you people are sad.

Deleted
    The one that mad eme laugh is DoS for warriors. That was overpowered and should have been nerfed from day one, but they let it sit and stew and players got used to having it. The power level difference between warriors and other melee is absurd.

Deleted
    I bet firemages will get blastwave dmg increased by 4% and thats it.

Mark my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for additional ele Shaman tuning considering the recent blue discussions

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll cry you a river so big you'll drawn in it. Get your head out of your own ass please and know what you're talking about before coming across like an ass. We're not asking for a buff. Hell, the change would be result in a very small nerf but would make the rotation that much more tolerable as the fury generation would become smoother.
    Demon hunters already have 4 layers of RNG to their rotation, asking for a bit more stable rotation shouldn't kill anyone. If you're so offended that we want some QoL changes then I'm oh so terribly sorry that I offended you.
    literally look a few posts up, they took RNG away from your spec.

still waiting on anything for shadow priests.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    oh cry me a river.
    Let me guess your a BM hunter.... Drop kick to face for you if so :P

If Demon hunters still are on the top of the dps charts in 7.2.5 i hope some will look back on their excessive complaining with embarrassment. It is a disgrace to complain about a top class when so many specs are on the bottom end of the charts.

I will now expect to be attacked by childish minds for this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    still waiting on anything for shadow priests.....

We've already got that huge 10% buff to SWP, gonna be insanely strong in ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    It's also fun seeing people act like you do acting like the DH community is crying because of a nerf, when, if you actually knew anything, you'd realize DHs didn't actually receive a nerf. The issue is Havoc was promised major changes at the beginning of the patch cycle, we got a change that was a huge quality of life improvement, didn't really buff or nerf DPS, just removed a layer of RNG. Then, less than one week before the patch is set to go live, they revert it. They never once communicated anything in regards to plans for DH through the whole patch cycle that, again, was promised to have "Major Changes" and all that happened was 2 minor changes to 2 talents and a legendary nerf.

All the DH community is asking at this point is some god damned communication. Anything at all.
    With how your post is worded and some others are worded you wonder why there is little communication from Blizz..

Remove your head from your posterior, WW monks deserve a right to complain they've had numerous threads ignored for numerous builds across this expansion. You choose to play the flavour of the expansion class knowing full well you'd likely experience a roller coaster of changes both good and bad, just as DKs did in WOTLK.