10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Lithuanian basketball team president under fire for incredibly offensive comments

https://sports.yahoo.com/lithuanian-...012751647.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/li...black-players/

Gedvydas Vainauskas, president of Lithuanian professional basketball team BC Lietuvos Rytas, has sparked controversy after attributing his team's struggles to having too many black players, according to FIBA.com writer Simonas Baranauskas‏.

"We've always held a stance that there shouldn't be more than two black players on the team," Vainauskas said. "What happened was that coach Tomas Pacesas likes to play with black players -- to control them, to teach them, to tutor them -- and we ended up with four players that are black. All of a sudden, they came together to form ... how should I put it ... a sort of a gang. It cannot be that way; no more than two black players -- I can say that from my 23 years of experience in the business. Teams, don't ever have more than two black players ... (smiles) Because that's when bad things start to take place."

According to Baranauskas, the site that aired the video (which is owned by Vainauskas) edited out the comments and re-uploaded the video, but the original video (in Lithuanian) can still be seen on Facebook.

Vainauskas tried to apologize and clarify his "comments," but similar to Sterling, it only made things worse.

"While talking about the lessons learned during the last season, I had in my mind the situation with foreign players. The principal position of BC Lietuvos Rytas is that a basketball player first of all is a professional. Unfortunately, a few our foreigners did not meet expectations of the club. During the playoffs they acted irresponsibly and that had a great negative impact on our team's performance. In my interview, I expressed my disappointment about some of the foreign players selected for the season. I apologize, if I was improperly understood."

That's not an apology, it's a further indictment of what Vainauskas really thinks about "foreigners."
    How does someone like this even rise to president of a team? What's really going on over there that he can feel so confident in this awful, judgemental line of thought to share it in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because Lithuanians don't care what SJWs in North America think of this coach.

Deleted
    I would have thought the opposite being the case, that whites are usually the weakest link in any basketball team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I would have thought the opposite being the case, that whites are usually the weakest link in any basketball team.
    What a perfectly acceptable thing to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race threads aren't allowed

Closing