Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I would be all for a couple dungeons specifically designed like this, but making all dungeons work like that would make it really hard to retain a coherent narrative. Dungeons are at their core used to convey story telling, which random bosses dont mix all that well with in my opinion

I would be for randomized dungeons, but their content could never be applied to timed events like mythic+, since it would cause untold issues in x runs for y players vs. other group comps. Being stuck at only mythic content means it will only be used until the upgrades no longer matter, then forgotten by all except newer players/alts. Finally, if there is any part that could be harder than the rest, expect groups to fall apart when they realize that part was included this time around. They will either leave and reset or break group and just not go back for the week, depending on when the layout changes.

If you go the other direction and give it comparably upgradeable gear like in Diablo, then it will get to a point where it is equal to or exceeding that found in mythic raids, which opens a whole other can of worms for players who feel obligated to keep going in order to maximize their potential output.

Again, I like the concept, but with the game as it is now, it's just not feasible as long term WoW content in the game's current incarnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've wanted this for a long time.

I'm about to turn into old-man ro9ue with this, but in EverQuest 1 there was an expansion called Lost Dungeons of Norrath. It was the first true instanced, contained dungeon experience I had in an MMO. Basically what happened was you used an old LFG tool to find a group for a particular dungeon, and then when you entered it, you had a random map, random objectives and random enemies.

The expansion itself to EQ1 players wasn't really that popular because people there preferred the outdoor experience (plus it just had weak content otherwise) but for WoW, where the playerbase is accustomed to instanced content like that I think it would go a long way.

The main difference you have to consider is how does that actually work in a more complex 3D world. Something like that might be easy for a locked camera angle game like D3 or a simple 3D world like EQ1, but for WoW? Not sure.

I also think the WoW devs are too controlling of the game experience they want to provide. I can't see them allowing an RNG machine to dictate a totally random experience for players - they like to polish their stuff.

While the Blizzard game devs are some of the best in the industry, my counterpoint to that above argument (assuming they would make that) would be they aren't working on a single player game. A rigidly designed experience works well for just your run of the mill RPG, but for an MMO where replayability should be paramount, and content is being run over and over, where players would probably want a more varied experience - then I think random content wins out.
    You serious? I totally lol'd with statement that Blizz devs are best in industry. xD

Firstly, no thank you. Diablo dungeons are top down tunnel systems put together from a tileset. It translates well with an isometric view like Diablo, especially where the whole concept is about destroying massive hordes of enemies and the scenery is secondary.

There are games that do randomized dungeons in a 3D space. Warframe is a good example, and all the dungeons look very samey and boring. The game is fun because it's a space ninja third person shooter but the environments are pretty much all the same and there's very little detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You serious? I totally lol'd with statement that Blizz devs are best in industry. xD
    I mean, if you don't think Blizzard attracts some of the brightest minds in the games industry there's no discussion to be had with you.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Where are you getting your information from because each season millions of players come back to take part in the season open in Diablo 3. Or is this just blind Diablo hate?
    nice useless contribution to your own thread - claiming something without prove like allways. D3 doesnt belong into wow - deal with it!

It could be an interesting thing to have alongside traditional hand-made dungeons. For example, right now I'm sick of Legion dungeons but I've got things I need to run them for; it could make for a refreshing change.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Uhhhhh...... Overwatch, Diablo, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Starcraft...... how many other game companies have that kind of lineup?

ONLY if they implement Hardcore mode :P, Jay I ran into you once in a TX D3 HC Bounty game and let you know i am a huge fan haha <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Uhhhhh...... Overwatch, Diablo, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Starcraft...... how many other game companies have that kind of lineup?
    You're seriously funny.

Overwatch. Game got overhype for over an year, i hate it and i admit since i lost friends i've played with rankeds in HOTS.
    Diablo. Wish Diablo 3 could be more like Diablo 2 but naah.
    Warcraft. Yeah cool AP grind, bullshit filler quests in broken shore is cool right?
    Hearthstone. You serious? This game is ruined for long time, when they released old gods expansion.
    Starcraft. It is like abandonned child right now.

And first of all. I am not defending here Valve, EA, Ubisoft, Konami or Nintendo, since i hate them as well for what they did to industry.

Second of all. The only thing where only Blizzard employers works, is in HOTS, rest is occupied by Activision allready, deal with it.

Impossible to balance rewards due to the impossible task of balancing difficulty.
    Even the same dungeon with varying mythic+ affixes is not the same difficulty.
    Let alone when you add in the random layout part.

As something "fun" or not very rewarding perhaps.
    But not as some alternative to other content.
    Maybe if you can compete with others, allowing someone else to try the same criteria, there could be some in-guild competition going.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-20 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

RNG dungeons on top of all the other RNG?

Ion Hazzikostas would die of exhaustion from masturbating over the thought of RNG dungeons in WoW.

Diablo 3 Style Randomized Dungeons
    Diablo 3 Style
    Randomized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZOnJPWHDc

I wouldn't want that idea to replace all dungeons or anything, but having a few like that would be awesome. There are plenty of lore reasons they could come up with for a shifting dungeon.

or make old dungeons level 110 ?

I don't think "Dungeons" as a feature will ever be like Diablo dungeons. HOWEVER, I could see them making some new instanced content ("Mazes"? "Assaults"?) that allow you and a few friends to enter a instance with ramdomized layout, bosses and rewards. Could scale for 1-3 players or something like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think that would be the coolest thing in the world if Blizzard started creating templates for dungeons that had several "connector" pieces that could be randomly generated every time the instance was reset, including random bosses and trash like a diablo 3 style rift.

For sake of an example, Imagine going into the dungeon, Underbog and every time you go in the pathways are different and the way to get to the last boss changes each time. To me that would be a lot of fun when you don't always know what the environment is going to be like, or the pathways to get there will be like.

Also, random bosses within a "kit" of bosses. So lets say with the underbog example, the dungeon has a list of 10-15 bosses, but only 4 are presented in the dungeon at any given run, with the last boss being set as the same every time. It would bring much more variety to doing the same dungeons every day.

Lets say we get 10 new dungeons in the next expansion, and each of those dungeons essentially are "kits" that have multiple bosses per kit, and multiple but related environments per kit. So:

Dungeon 1: Could be a naga themed kit, could have 10-15 bosses, the environment could be a mix of ocean / shore / naga / murloc environments and can be called "connectors" which would essentially be corridors, pathways, etc, and the game would "build" the dungeon randomly on a set of conditions. a) must have at least 4 bosses, last boss is a set boss that never changes, must have at least 6 "connectors". You could potentially have hundreds of variations in that one dungeon and it could increase the longevity of the content and keep it feeling fresh and different all expansion long.

Would you like to see dungeons built like this in the future?
    Hell no, we don't need more Diablo 3 esk features In WoW, It's WOW... go away with Diablo 3, I know most of their devs are from Diablo 3 now but that doesn't mean they can't learn how to make proper content and systems for an MMO. Which, by the way, copying Diablo 3's legendary system Is not the way.

So no, thank you. Stop with the randomization, It might seem like a good idea, but a well tailored and handcrafted experience Is always the superior one, you'd have encounters tailored to current class abilities and capabilities. Let It stay that way, don't randomize things like that.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

then blizzard could make it so the ONLY content is running rifts over and over and over, and they all drop like 20 legendaries, and the only thing to do would be rifts 24/7

that'd be so cool, like dead game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Assuming the polish is there and it actually works I would be interested in this.

You could even go further and make it Caverns of Time style, and that way you could mash up different zones and architecture.

It could even be a timed or weekly thing where you are 'chasing' a member of the infinite dragon-flight and bouncing through periods in time. That way you could kind of explain why its different every time you go in.
    This guy here has the right Idea, don't make it a regular thing for all dungeons, but make a single dungeon that changes every time. I could see it being called something like "The Sands of Time" and they could make some really cool visuals of the corridors being formed out of sand as you get close to them (think the way the bridge in Firelands kinda melts into place)

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of procedurally generated dungeons based around some expansion theme with expansion assets would be fun for some. We know Blizzard has the tech although fitting it into the game and creating a tile system would likely be a significant project.

I'd play them though.

I don't think anyone here is seriously proposing replacing all dungeons with them. Those that think so are over-reacting.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."