Ret blessing buff removed when hearthing or entering instances

Hey guys

Not sure if it is a change that is deliberate or unintentional, but my blessing buffs are being removed not just when I enter an instance, but also when I use any hearthstone. Has anyone else encountered this? I hope it is a bug, would be a pretty counterintuitive and anti-QOL change
    Last edited by Titans; 2017-06-19 at 10:40 AM.

Have you reported it as a bug? Not sure MMO-Champion would be much help unless this thread happens to catch on.

I'll test it later today though.

I did report it as a bug, but I also wanted to check here in case anyone knew if it was an actual change or not!

It's also removed when the target changes spec, from what I could tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just tested the following and none of them removed the buffs. I'd check the Dalaran stone, but I gotta leave for work now and the stones on CD.

Entering Violet Hold on all three difficulties
    Garrison Hearthstone
    Dark Portal Hearth(I don't carry a regular stone) to Shrine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's also removed when the target changes spec, from what I could tell.
    Well, this is intended since the blessings are specific to Ret which means that when you switch to holy/prot, they go away and have to be reapplied upon going back to the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Well, this is intended since the blessings are specific to Ret which means that when you switch to holy/prot, they go away and have to be reapplied upon going back to the spec.
    I believe he means when my guildy changes to a different spec wisdom falls off.

None of these are new things though with the latest patch. My buffs have always fallen off if people hearth, change specs, or when we run into the instance. I'm not sure if it's by design or a bug. I've just been living with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is very annoying that Blesses dropped with instance in/out.

When a custom Mythic group formed, I did the blesses on tank and healer, then we entering the dungeon and voala need the recast them....

I would even expect to remain my own blesses on my own when I am soloing and just logged in.

Super annoying that they're removed when the target changes spec. Our tanks change spec every wipe to get primary stat instead of stamina from the feast, rip kings.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Super annoying that they're removed when the target changes spec. Our tanks change spec every wipe to get primary stat instead of stamina from the feast, rip kings.
    Could they just get rid of this awful mechanic already? 2 barely relevant blessings that give you a passive buff; it simply reeks of the usual negligence and thoughtlessness that goes into Ret deign.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    I usually throw kings and wisdom on a healer because our healers have issues dying.. where our tanks don't lol (granted we don't do mythic just heroic).

Deleted
    when you read ret blessings removed and get excited

Yeah, well screw Blizzard for stupid blessings anyway. I know they thought it would be neat and cool for a throwback and everything, but why did they have to make it the most annoying and obnoxious part of playing a Paladin in vanilla?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even on top of it, just check your both blessings still on when logged in and NOT having the Strength Buff, why Blizzard?
    Made a ticket about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Even on top of it, just check your both blessings still on when logged in and NOT having the Strength Buff, why Blizzard?
    Made a ticket about it.
    I reported this bug as well. You have to recast both blessings for BOTA to become active even when both are technically already on you when you log in.