Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Omg must play mage more now wow nice job blizzard

Deleted
    It is interesting to note that each caster class got a new combat stance. You can check it out by right clicking on a target.

Unfortunately, I like the stance mages got the least. Your character is hunched and it looks more like they want to pounce at your target instead of cast spells. I hope it gets some changes later, standing more upright would be a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Trolls ka-me-ha-me-ha animation was not removed tho.
    I can only speak for Fire, but only three spells have kept the Hadoken/Kamehameha animation (Fireball, Scorch, and now Living Bomb uses it).

Everything else has been altered.

It's pretty awful.

Arcane Explosion looks cool but no one stands still when casting it... i'm curious what it looks like mid jump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    Arcane Explosion looks cool but no one stands still when casting it... i'm curious what it looks like mid jump
    The arm movement is the same while moving/jumping. But you don't take the forward-stepping stance.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any video with a fem gnome with the new casting animations?

would love to see <3

How... how are we not seeing an Arcane Blast update? It has the most boring spell/particle effects in the game? Why no something similar to Starsurge for balance druids? D:

This is phase 1 of many updates.

Honestly surprised they aren't just releasing them all at once when they are all done like they did with character models.

Like next expansion or 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    arcane has some new ones too.

they all look so amazing, this is the best thing they have done in legion. i wish they'd do it for all the casters.
    The only thing i care about is are they going to finally give arcane blast a decent animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They really look great, especially the fire ones.
    But I assume that also means we cannot expect animations that involve the equipped weapon, which they said they want to do themselves and are looking into it, anywhere in the closer future.
    agreed would be nice to see caster weapons be used as more than stat sticks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The only thing i care about is are they going to finally give arcane blast a decent animation?
    it has a new sound effect. i'd be surprised if it didn't get a new look too.

mind blast works just like arcane blast, and how they did with it they updated the visuals on the hands, and make it so that a blue and black void appears over the head of the target while you're casting. so they could do something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Would love to have a glyph that made arcane explosion into confetti explosion
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

New icons! Pretty nifty

The fact that Water Elemental got these absolutely awesome and modern looking icons leads me to thinking that he'll get a new model in 7.3 - it just wouldn't do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    New icons! Pretty nifty

The fact that Water Elemental got these absolutely awesome and modern looking icons leads me to thinking that he'll get a new model in 7.3 - it just wouldn't do otherwise.
    but where is the new mage armor icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    but where is the new mage armor icon?
    Here, have a new Presence of Mind icon instead

I'm hoping this will fix the Panda bug where I literally stop casting...but still fire the spell. I just kind of stand there then have a Frostbolt shoot out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It was actually confirmed by blue post. The big nuke for each spec will keep the race specific animations and the other casts will get the spec specific animations
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ation-updates/
    It makes me happy! Means it'll be possible to fully enjoy the new animations, and not feel like one lost out on the old classics!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that really matters is arcane blast. Not much gets done with it. Honestly more than an animation, it needs some sort of spell effect.

arcane blast needs a spell effect like from the movie Eraser, the gun effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhrrJEN6ygo

New blizzard one is great. Frostbolt and ice lance look way too similar IMO, but I do like them.