Checked right now some of my trinkets; tooltip damage scales depending on my versa and mastery, thus leaving only crit and RNG-mastery out of equation. But I've got 18 crit and 44 mastery (i.e., +18 and +22, tops), and not that many DPS-procs (Concordance, neck-ench), thus leaving me with question - how comes I ever see crits for 1.7 mil?)
    820k * 1.18 * 1.22 = 1.18 mil. If we consider adding versa (5 percent), we'll have 1.24 mil. It's closer to the goal, but still isn't close enough.

Although 820k (base damage x2 for crit) * 1.18 * 1.22 * 1.05 * rnd(1.00-1.22) gives us range between 1.240 and 1.513 mil. Closer to being true, but doesn't explain tooltip changes with trinket-swap.

Deleted
    So Tool Tip takes versatility into consideration.
    Are you sure about the mastery ?

Also you need to add the Chaotic Instability trait of the artifact (+10% crit damage 4/4).
    (410* 1.22 * rnd(1.00-1.22) * 2 ) * 1.18 * 1.1 => 1.298 to 1.584.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    Are you sure about the mastery ?
    Double-checked; mastery is not considered in tooltip, and you were right about artifact traits (relics make it 1.13 for my lock).
    Thanks for clearing this up for me!

That 5% nerf to destro seems so unwarranted now....

It's not just the damage that's lacking, the spec feels too slow and terrible to play with the new set instead of the old one. Paired with constant movement and the general encounter design in mythic tomb (which rarely plays to its strengths), it doesn't seem like it will finish this tier in a good spot. Currently its overshadowed by other warlock specs on every boss

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It's not just the damage that's lacking, the spec feels too slow and terrible to play with the new set instead of the old one. Paired with constant movement and the general encounter design in mythic tomb (which rarely plays to its strengths), it doesn't seem like it will finish this tier in a good spot. Currently its overshadowed by other warlock specs on every boss
    Which is why I find the 5% nerf based on just a few days of heroic parses retarded.

Meanwhile subtlety is trailing all other single target specs by a good 10% while doing competitive cleave and nobody is making noise about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Still looking a lot better than in Nighthold.

Is there a reason why leg shoulders more common used as the new Talent Ring? Playing with ELT you can obtain the buff theoretical 100%, but you can ran out of rift stacks. Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Radde View Post
    Is there a reason why leg shoulders more common used as the new Talent Ring? Playing with ELT you can obtain the buff theoretical 100%, but you can ran out of rift stacks. Am i missing something?
    Less people have the ring, additionally, the change in stats between 970 shoulders and lets say base heroic (915) is far greater than legendary ring and base heroic (915) ring.

Shoulders have 1252 more intellect and 299 more secondary stats.

Ring has 11 more secondary stats if you include the socket as 150 secondaries, less if you exclude the socket. That alone makes for a big difference.

Furthering that, ELT isn't a flat 10% buff since it does cost a global and you have to sacrifice something for that global.

I would love to replace belt with ring, I just don't have the ring yet. Taking away the belt rng for a nearly flat 10% seems very appealing to me.

Deleted
    Hello guys just wanted to throw in some considerations regarding destruction right now.

So i mained demonology till 7.2, took a brake and came back with tos to try this "mop version" of destruction and i must say the spec really feels better while you play it, you can align burst windows with cds because you can actually predict stuff, the spec feels smooth to me even without T19 actually (sure it was better with but whatever) so yeah good work on the devs on this BUT..

I really feel weak, I mean knowing what you're doing and knowing what you can do with other specs while doing it, yes I feel weak.
    Destruction is still heavily gutted by movement, only one istant cast in conflagrate and its hardcasts to me still aren't hitting hard enough.
    Single target wise i really think destruction, now that havoc has a 45 sec cd, should be doing way more damage, sure not as much as demonology but definetely more damage compared to affliction considering what affliction does in AoE and spread cleave/multidot but that's not happening, in reality destruction is just slightly ahead in ideal situations not considering movement.
    I also think that if i specialize in Wreak Havoc the spec should be better in 2 targets situations but that's not really the case right now and thats because Chaos Bolt isn't hitting hard enough or if you like it more, because Tier 1 talents are garbage except for backdraft. I really think roaring blaze should be buffed to shine in 2 targets scenarios.
    I like what the spec does in aoe, either sustained or bursty aoe, it's not the best for sure but I really like how it plays there and can live with the fact that others do it better.

At the end of the day i think the spec needs a little tweak in ST ( the 5% nerf coming back maybe?) because while I understand the fact that destro is more of a versatile specialization that's good everywhere, right now as far as my exp in mythic goes theres not really a reason to play it over affliction in progression, not only damage wise but also considering self healing and movement.

What's the word on trinkets in 7.2.5? Most of them in ToS look pretty poor for destruction...

Trinket question:

Stat stick 885 Int + Crit
    Whispers in the Dark 865 Int + Haste Proc
    Charm of Rising Tide 885 Int + Haste activation

I'd use the stat stick + ? I dislike trinkets I need to activate but it's got 20 ILVL more... what do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Trinket question:

I'd use the stat stick + ? I dislike trinkets I need to activate but it's got 20 ILVL more... what do you think?
    Trinkets that you can activate yourself are in general superior to procc'ed ones: You can have the trinket's benefit exactly when you want it to:
    - Will you be able to stand still for the next 10-15 seconds?
    - Is one of your other procs up (e.g., Concordance)
    - Do you have full resources (Shards, Rifts, Conflag off cd)

Then press it and have the complete benefit of that trinket.

As opposed to Whispers: It could (and did) happen (to me) that you get the haste proc during a movement phase or a phase where the boss isn't attackable and then get the slow debuff exactly when priority damage is needed. Sure, it can happen the other way around, too, but it's pure luck and has far too great an influence on your dps output

Lastly: Statsticks are always a solid middle ground but should in general be outperformed by clever use of on-use trinkets and on average outperformed by proc trinkets (on the same ivll)

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trinket question:

Take your time to play with https://www.raidbots.com/simbot . It's free, easy to use and gives good insight on what's good on you. Don't take it as a gospel, tho. Also, sim yourslef in the late or early hours, where queue is bound to be shorter.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Take your time to play with https://www.raidbots.com/simbot . It's free, easy to use and gives good insight on what's good on you. Don't take it as a gospel, tho. Also, sim yourslef in the late or early hours, where queue is bound to be shorter.
    Thanks, I'll try this! I always played as a healer and am a bit out of touch with pure DPS classes (but came finally back to my first character ever, my Warlock).

Well, I just have been lucky and looted my first Legendary right now and it's not an awful one as I expected, it's Lessons of Space-Time - so what's the best way to use this? I mean opening two or three Rifts at the same time is no longer an option.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll try this! I always played as a healer and am a bit out of touch with pure DPS classes (but came finally back to my first character ever, my Warlock).

Well, I just have been lucky and looted my first Legendary right now and it's not an awful one as I expected, it's Lessons of Space-Time - so what's the best way to use this? I mean opening two or three Rifts at the same time is no longer an option.
    BiS for Destro. Gratz. Use one rift at a time, make a buff indicator to know how much it lasts because each rift has its own buff duration (ranging from 4 to 15 sec)
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    BiS for Destro. Gratz. Use one rift at a time, make a buff indicator to know how much it lasts because each rift has its own buff duration (ranging from 4 to 15 sec)
    Well, after looting several times the worst Legendaries for my other 5 110s it's finally been time that I get a BiS one *lol*. I actually hoped for it (although I had a 920 Shoulder piece) or the waist but expected to get the Ring or those nice trousers haha.

Would be nice if every Rift would get it's own buff stacking like Flame Rifts. That'd be nice.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, after looting several times the worst Legendaries for my other 5 110s it's finally been time that I get a BiS one *lol*. I actually hoped for it (although I had a 920 Shoulder piece) or the waist but expected to get the Ring or those nice trousers haha.

Would be nice if every Rift would get it's own buff stacking like Flame Rifts. That'd be nice.
    No it doesn't. Cast one at a time, recast when the buff has ended.
    /spit@Blizzard

Trinket question:

The higher ilvl ones, too much int to give up.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Finally got the 4 piece bonus and damn the gameplay sucks compared to T19. Guess I need more mastery too since I'm seeing lower dps even though the ilvl is a bit higher now.