Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played one round of 6v6 Doomfist.

I'll never be good at him, but he's pretty fucking fun.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    i didnt like it either.

i cringed hard when i watched it, especially when tracer couldnt even harm him at all.
    just eaw...

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Interesting kit and a highly anticipated hero, but I was surprised and kinda disappointed that he isn't voiced by Terry Crews; he would be perfect for this character as both are strongmen and quite funny/not as edgy as Reaper.

Is he voiced by Nazeebo's voice actor btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts;

1> Great short. Loved it, even the new art style. Like the character concept and art a lot.

2> We really didn't need another short-range offense hero. This won't help deal with Pharah comps at all, and does nothing to offset the lack of Tank and particularly Healer heroes. I don't see how this addresses any of the outstanding hero/comp worries that are outstanding.

3> Rocket punch is his coolest ability, and looks to be an inferior Reinhardt charge; similar charge-up, slightly faster travel time, but damage seems based largely on smashing enemies into a wall, whereas Reinhardt grabs his target and carries them TO that wall. More situational, but shorter cooldown and such may make it okay. But it still isn't hugely unique, since it's so similar.

4> Meteor Strike is something Blizzard's apparently putting in all their games now; how many games have a hero with this same "disappears, then smashes down at the target zone" mechanic? Would be cooler if it wasn't a Blizzard "thing" lately. Maybe that's unfair.

5> His recharging ammo is an interesting mechanic, FWIW.

6> That shielding passive, if it's strong enough, should maybe have been enough to classify him as a tank. I'd have to play with that to tell. Definitely going to be a nightmare for healers if he flanks around to take them out, since he'll probably outshield whatever damage they can dish as he kills them.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-06 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed that they used an anime-style for the animation of the trailer, I found it mildly annoying that they just used in-game sounds for Winston, Tracer and Genji (If he made any grunts or anything? I don't remember). The trailer felt stale with no dialogue and the only time I felt particularly grabbed by it was then he grabbed Tracer's time travel backpack doohicky and she got lost in time (I guess that's what happened). That part was one of those "Haha, got eem!" moments but yeah.

His abilities look fun, but doesn't really seem like my style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree he doesn't really do anything for current comp concerns, but I am not sure that he needs to. Overwatch has enough heroes at this point that it doesn't really need anything in terms of hero design. At this point, the amount of options is fairly broad; people just need to actually pick things that work. IMO the problem is more people "maining" and not wanting to swap than it is with the actual available options. Yeah, certain roles can benefit from more options just in hopes get more people to pick them... but ultimately I think they are at the point where they can start adding things that they just think are cool and fun because there aren't any big gaps in ranges or abilities or roles that I can see. As long as those new heroes don't cause comp problems, it should be fine. But that's me, what do I know!

Additionally, I'm not sure if it's feasible to release heroes based on the current meta and comp needs anyway, since heroes take so long to develop that you can't really predict what the community will feel it "needs" by the time you get around to releasing it. Maybe they were thinking of him when the three tank meta was popular (he would be pretty good at busting that up) but he just happens to get done when everyone is runny dive.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Whilst I don't care much either way for this hero, I'm just glad people who have been anticipating him can finally calm down a tad...

He seems interesting enough I suppose, although I fear his tool-kit might add more fuel to the fire that is the already on-going dive meta. =/
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-07-06 at 06:19 PM.

Hurray for still logging us out when an expected server error pops up.

2000 players ahead of me queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the concept, but very underwhelmed with his appearance. Not really what I expected out of one of the most feared villains in the OW universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much a Vi ripoff...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

why is everyone saying offense hero ? hes a defensive type
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i didnt like it either.

i cringed hard when i watched it, especially when tracer couldnt even harm him at all.
    just eaw...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    While I enjoyed that they used an anime-style for the animation of the trailer, .

Thats not anime style. Thats closer to the DCAU/JLA animated verse. Hell its EXACTLY like it.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-07-06 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    Now that we have another jumping fucking hero can they bring back old Roadhog? This fucker would get rekt by old Hog.

Eh, I won't be playing him. Toolkit seems rather lackluster and no where near as mobile as Genji or Tracer. Ult seems extremely predictable to avoid. Has some interesting gap closers to chase down fleeing enemies, but he seems very slow and like he would be open a lot. I know someone mentioned the uppercut, but his model seems around Bastion size with the same mobility (minus the uppercut dash combo). The standing still before charging thing also leaves him pretty vulnerable and likely to be easy to dodge for most players knowing to look for it.
    Not to focus on only bad things, I'm sure in the right hands he could be pretty unpredictable and maybe even very good for a team, but I'm not a fan of in your face damage dealers, with the exception of Reaper. Reaper has an escape ability though that doesn't leave him as exposed as the uppercut.
    The uppercut would be interesting if it also knocks enemies up with it, but that seems to OP if it did.
    All in all, could be a good addition to the roster, but not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    Interesting kit and a highly anticipated hero, but I was surprised and kinda disappointed that he isn't voiced by Terry Crews; he would be perfect for this character as both are strongmen and quite funny/not as edgy as Reaper.

Is he voiced by Nazeebo's voice actor btw?
    From what I could find, the Witch Doctor's voice actor is Carl Lumbly, while Doomfist's voice actor is Sahr Ngaujah.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Watching Seagull play it on PTR, he's a monster. He shuts down flankers and you do not want to face him in a confined space.

The more he punches the more resilient he becomes. He has a charge up rocket punch which hits harder the longer you charge (charge immobilizes you) and then shoots forward far faster than Rhein, more like Tracer. If you are hit you go flying back and take extra damage slamming into walls. He has a rising uppercut which sends you straight up which you can follow up with a ground pound. His ult sends him up in the air and you get a few seconds to place his landing zone (which contests points btw) and then he lands doing massive damage and the landing point is quite large, basically he is an orbital strike.

He also has small shotguns on each knuckle of left hand which you can fire 4 times before relaid which is meant to be midrange filler.

His natural counter is Mei. Mei will shut him down.
    https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Watching Seagull play it on PTR, he's a monster. He shuts down flankers and you do not want to face him in a confined space.

The more he punches the more resilient he becomes. He has a charge up rocket punch which hits harder the longer you charge (charge immobilizes you) and then shoots forward far faster than Rhein, more like Tracer. If you are hit you go flying back and take extra damage slamming into walls. He has a rising uppercut which sends you straight up which you can follow up with a ground pound. His ult sends him up in the air and you get a few seconds to place his landing zone (which contests points btw) and then he lands doing massive damage and the landing point is quite large, basically he is an orbital strike.

He also has small shotguns on each knuckle of left hand which you can fire 4 times before relaid which is meant to be midrange filler.

His natural counter is Mei. Mei will shut him down.
    https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0
    Although mei may seem a counter but I feel his real counter is pharah, he can't touch her unless she flies low enough to be hit by his left click, otherwise he's somewhat in a similar situation to junkrat.

Also some have stated orisa is a good counter to him, coz she can avoid being knocked around and can pull him off people.

He looks really fun, but another dive hero probably isn't what the game needs righ tnow
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    why is everyone saying offense hero ? hes a defensive type
    Both the website and in game has him listed as Offense, where do you get Defense from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    sigh, another damage dealer... I guess it makes sense that he would be but god damn do we need another one right now?
    Orisa says hi

Guys ! Everyone forgot the most important thing to notice in that video !
    Genji needs healing.
    Very hyped that he's finally arrived. He looks very tankish according to this video.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.