Thread: Doomfist Teaser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not so sure about Terry Crews doing Doomfist now. What I mean is he could be the voice actor for him, but I've never heard Crews do any accents. With the ideas that Doomfist is going to be possibly Nigerian decent, who knows how it would turn out. It also might be a watered down Crews, still having comedic voice lines like other heroes obviously, but if he did a trademark "POWWWWERRRRRRR!" it might sound very weird with an accent on it. If Crews is doing Doomfist, I hope he can still pull it off and still get the accent correct to make it a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I'm not so sure about Terry Crews doing Doomfist now. What I mean is he could be the voice actor for him, but I've never heard Crews do any accents. With the ideas that Doomfist is going to be possibly Nigerian decent, who knows how it would turn out. It also might be a watered down Crews, still having comedic voice lines like other heroes obviously, but if he did a trademark "POWWWWERRRRRRR!" it might sound very weird with an accent on it. If Crews is doing Doomfist, I hope he can still pull it off and still get the accent correct to make it a great character.
    Watch the Adam Sandler film "Blended" where Crews plays an Lounge singer from Africa.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Watch the Adam Sandler film "Blended" where Crews plays an Lounge singer from Africa.
    I'll look for some clips, might set my mind at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I'll look for some clips, might set my mind at ease.
    https://youtu.be/KjFPmZUWLI0

Mind you at the beginning of filming his accent isn't great but as the movie goes on he gets better.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... he actually sounds right up my street.

Can we get another free weekend please?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Damn... he actually sounds right up my street.

Can we get another free weekend please?
    PTR is free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought terry crews was supposed to voice doom fist..?
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    I thought terry crews was supposed to voice doom fist..?
    He was just trying to get the job.

Watching Seagull play it on PTR, he's a monster. He shuts down flankers and you do not want to face him in a confined space.

The more he punches the more resilient he becomes. He has a charge up rocket punch which hits harder the longer you charge (charge immobilizes you) and then shoots forward far faster than Rhein, more like Tracer. If you are hit you go flying back and take extra damage slamming into walls. He has a rising uppercut which sends you straight up which you can follow up with a ground pound. His ult sends him up in the air and you get a few seconds to place his landing zone (which contests points btw) and then he lands doing massive damage and the landing point is quite large, basically he is an orbital strike.

He also has small shotguns on each knuckle of left hand which you can fire 4 times before relaid which is meant to be midrange filler.

His natural counter is Mei. Mei will shut him down.
    https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0

Watching Seagull play it on PTR, he's a monster. He shuts down flankers and you do not want to face him in a confined space.

The more he punches the more resilient he becomes. He has a charge up rocket punch which hits harder the longer you charge (charge immobilizes you) and then shoots forward far faster than Rhein, more like Tracer. If you are hit you go flying back and take extra damage slamming into walls. He has a rising uppercut which sends you straight up which you can follow up with a ground pound. His ult sends him up in the air and you get a few seconds to place his landing zone (which contests points btw) and then he lands doing massive damage and the landing point is quite large, basically he is an orbital strike.

He also has small shotguns on each knuckle of left hand which you can fire 4 times before relaid which is meant to be midrange filler.

His natural counter is Mei. Mei will shut him down.
    https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0
    that or a skilled/Spammy Junkrat I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    PTR is free.
    Can you get in the PTR if you've not purchased the game though?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Well we know there is a left and a right Doomfist, either it is the same fist recalibrated to the other hand or two exist. Perhaps between breakout and getting the right fist DF got the left out of cold storage.
    There is no right and left? It's a single gauntlet, hence Doomfist, not Doomfists.

Also it's right on his bio-
    This difference in aspiration would lead Ogundimu to kill his teacher and take on the mantle of Doomfist, along with the eponymous gauntlet.
    He broke out of his prison and recovered Doomfist's gauntlet in a one-sided battle with Numbani's newly unveiled OR15 defense robots.
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/doomfist/
    There's only one gauntlet as far as I know.

What doesn't make any sense is that they broke out Doomfist and then Doomfist put the OR15's through a wall before getting the Doomfist. Did he already have the left fist and retrieved the right? Will he have both fists?

Either he tattooed his whole upper arm black for some reason or he has some sort of base prosthesis without the fist on that the fist connects to.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-07-07 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Either he tattooed his whole upper arm black for some reason for he has some sort of base prosthesis without the fist on that the fist connects to.
    But when he lost his right arm in the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis, it seemed his martial arts career was finished before he had reached his prime. His company's cybernetic prosthetics allowed him to recover from his injuries, even making him stronger, but these enhancements rendered him ineligible for competition.
    Yeah, it's prosthetic.

Under his story section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, it's prosthetic.

Under his story section.
    Ah ha thought so. I wished they'd have done real VOs for the other heros in his trailer, it was super awesome otherwise.

Might as well just bump this instead of making a new thread-
    http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us...ist-masquerade

Seems Doomfist isn't disappointed with Sombra's actions, and Reaper knows. Interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Well those Masquerade costumes have to happen. That Sombra outfit!

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently, none of those "failed" operations have failed. Reaper got a few of the Overwatch names (nobody notable it seems). Doomfist is ok with keeping Volskaya alive. Not stealing the gauntlet back was whatever, because they got it anyway.

This brings the question again as to what Reaper's goal as a member of Talon is. He seems to be dropping a little in the rankings. Doomfist seems to be a higher rank, and Reaper appears to be going along for the ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So apparently, none of those "failed" operations have failed. Reaper got a few of the Overwatch names (nobody notable it seems). Doomfist is ok with keeping Volskaya alive. Not stealing the gauntlet back was whatever, because they got it anyway.

This brings the question again as to what Reaper's goal as a member of Talon is. He seems to be dropping a little in the rankings. Doomfist seems to be a higher rank, and Reaper appears to be going along for the ride.
    He wants to take down old members of Overwatch, I'm not sure he wants much more than that. He's a mercenary officially, he's there for the money, reputation, and something to do; I don't think he was ever really in command so much as he was caretaking and finishing up old business.