Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fix WPvP Before Argus Please

Argus is supposed to be a zone the size of the entire Broken Isle, with no flying! It would be great for WPvP if WPvP wasn't totally broken.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They won't be.

Spoke to Holinka about the issue not long before he quit working on WoW, and although it wasn't said outright he basically implied that the PvP devs are aware that WPvP is a major issue but their hands are tied by the PvE devs because they don't wanna affect "muh world quests".

Outside of tanks being ridiculously OP (especially Guardian), I don't think a little chaos is a bad thing. Should just apply a blanket nerf for tanks (like +50% damage taken) when in WPvP combat.

terror from below is broken af in wpvp as well, let's just hope they get someone good in for 8.0 and clean up this shit Holinka left

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    They won't be.

Spoke to Holinka about the issue not long before he quit working on WoW, and although it wasn't said outright he basically implied that the PvP devs are aware that WPvP is a major issue but their hands are tied by the PvE devs because they don't wanna affect "muh world quests".
    And how could they fix wpvp? By aplying templates to wpvp aswell? Plsss..what a fuking joke

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    And how could they fix wpvp? By aplying templates to wpvp aswell? Plsss..what a fuking joke
    By adding base resilience and battle fatigue.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't WPvP been meme status ever since the start of WotLK?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

the expansion scaling is far to out of wack for them to do anything about wpvp.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    don't be on a pvp server or do pvp WQ's if you don't like it
    The problem is that people like world PvP, but not in it's current state.

You have to actually be retarded to enjoy WPvP in it's current state.

don't be on a pvp server or do pvp WQ's if you don't like it
    Are you retarded? Wpvp is literally broken, broken as in you die in 2 hits, 1 if its a rogue hitting you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Hasn't WPvP been meme status ever since the start of WotLK?
    It's broken now though, ppl can get 1 shot. Rogue's evis hits for over 5m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    In real world, Eviscerate would 1-shot you too. Such immersion.

I wonder if people will start grouping up?

I think there's a better shot at a Spaceship landing in Manhattan, aliens walking out of the ship and immediately subbing to WOW.

I have never been 1 shot in legion - I have no idea what you're doing but whatever it is, it's wrong.
    Seems like he's crying about Rogues. Which is not the class that's breaking WPvP.

If tanks were somehow nerfed out in the world, or at least when entering PvP, WPVP would be fine.

How exactly do you expect them "fix" world PvP in time for Argus?

The entire reason it is broken is because of deliberate design choices that the team made. It's far too late to just bandaid them somehow.

EVERYONE is cancer is in wPvP. If a rogue gets the drop on you, and has the right legendaries, youre dead before you move.

If you stupidly attack a tank who is engaged with other people or mobs, you will never kill him. If he knows how to rotate his damage reduction CDs, youll die horribly and never kill him.

Just dont wPvP. It's cancer.

I get the frustration with tanks, but the solution is simple, just avoid them, sure once in a while you might get absolutely crushed by one bu generally you can escape a fight if you invest in the right stuff (rocket boots, gliders etc)
    Right, but having 5 specs that are godlike in WPvP isn't fun. It'd be fair if it was balanced somehow, like terrible mobility or something, but tanks really have it all. Still, I don't mind it that much, but having to avoid tanks points to it being a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Right, but having 5 specs that are godlike in WPvP isn't fun. It'd be fair if it was balanced somehow, like terrible mobility or something, but tanks really have it all. Still, I don't mind it that much, but having to avoid tanks points to it being a little too much.
    Also entirely depends on your class and spec. Rogues with certain legendaries can 2 or 3 shot even tanks.

I dont know what ability it is (puts a targeting reticle on you that closes in, makes a noise, repeats this every tick) but a rogue with a legendary that augments this or provides it in some way tried to gank my Blood DH out on the Broken Shore a week or three ago while i was doing a WQ.

Whatever the ability was (really should have screen shotted it) was doing about 1.2 MILLION per TICK. It would have killed me all on its own, if not for the fact that i was fighting mobs already and could pop Consumption on 10+ mobs to heal myself and Death Strike the crap out of the elite i was on.

And thats literally the only thing the Rogue even did. He hit me with that ability, and just Vanished.

If i had been just standing near no mobs, i would have died without being able to do anything about it, right there on the spot from that one single ability.

wPvP is cancer. Just accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Also entirely depends on your class and spec. Rogues with certain legendaries can 2 or 3 shot even tanks.

I dont know what ability it is (puts a targeting reticle on you that closes in, makes a noise, repeats this every tick) but a rogue with a legendary that augments this or provides it in some way tried to gank my Blood DH out on the Broken Shore a week or three ago while i was doing a WQ.

Whatever the ability was (really should have screen shotted it) was doing about 1.2 MILLION per TICK. It would have killed me all on its own, if not for the fact that i was fighting mobs already and could pop Consumption on 10+ mobs to heal myself and Death Strike the crap out of the elite i was on.

And thats literally the only thing the Rogue even did. He hit me with that ability, and just Vanished.

If i had been just standing near no mobs, i would have died without being able to do anything about it, right there on the spot from that one single ability.

wPvP is cancer. Just accept it and move on.
    WPvP is cancer because one Rogue killed you easily. Good stuff bro.

In similar news random BGs are cancer because I lost all three I played yesterday. The other faction is clearly OP.

Yes some classes are strong in WPvP, but the nature of WPvP is chaos. The fact that a Rogue is able to kill you means it's more balanced than if nobody is.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    WPvP is cancer because one Rogue killed you easily. Good stuff bro.

In similar news random BGs are cancer because I lost all three I played yesterday. The other faction is clearly OP.

Yes some classes are strong in WPvP, but the nature of WPvP is chaos. The fact that a Rogue is able to kill you means it's more balanced than if nobody is.
    Reading comprehension not your thing, I see.

For one, I didn't die.

Two, the rogue would have done that with a single ability in one GCD, with no counterplay. That's cancer.

When you get back to 3rd grade, for that remedial reading class, let them know I sent you, they'll cut you a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Are you retarded? Wpvp is literally broken, broken as in you die in 2 hits, 1 if its a rogue hitting you...

- - - Updated - - -

Outside of extreme cases with buffs and other things going on nobody is taking you down in 2 hits. Warriors stupid front end burst, even more so with legendary items and procs all at once, are a much larger issue and even then it is manageable if you pay attention. World pvp is far from balances, but that isn't really the issue. It is for a long time most people on pvp servers were in zero danger of being attacked much less dying due to server faction balance. Now with phasing and cross server pvp actually happens at all times in all zones.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."