Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The wandering isle's at the wrong place
    what? its called wandering for a reason )

Also, there is NO isle of Cenarius! The throne of the four winds is supposed to lean a bit more to the right, same with the vortex Pinnacle. Infact, they're BOTH supposed to be below Uldum, so..yeah. Gillijim's isle also doesn't exist in the canon, so you can take that off.

The lost isle is supposed to be smaller, and right next to Kezan!

Zandalar is supposed to be next to Kezan, but in the opposite direction.

Tel'Abim is supposed to be smaller. Idk about the Plunder isle, likely is also wrong.

Balor doesn't exist anymore, likely. The isle of dread is gone...

And the rest is fine, other than the Krazzworks, which is supposed to be a bit smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    what? its called wandering for a reason )
    Yeah, well, I don't mean to be a WoW nerd or anything...but...

It's supposed to be below the eastern kingdoms, like...just south west of it.

Also, it's supposed to be smaller. I'm getting this shit out of chronicles vol.1, btw.

It's supposed to be below the eastern kingdoms, like...just south west of it.

Also, it's supposed to be smaller. I'm getting this shit out of chronicles vol.1, btw.
    What he meant is that it's a wandering island, it's a moving giant turtle. It can swim anywhere in the ocean, so technically there is no definitive place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What he meant is that it's a wandering island, it's a moving giant turtle. It can swim anywhere in the ocean, so technically there is no definitive place for it.
    True, true. But, i'm just a big ass geographical WoW nerd. So, RiP me, right?! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    On Gamescom 7.3 will be very close (probably launch in September), we will know everything about this patch by then. Worst case scenario is that we will see just patch trailer and some info about 7.3.5 (and if we will have 7.4, it will be probably 'medium' patch without raid tier).

But there is literally 0 reason to not reveal 8.0 on Gamescom. It's just 2 months before Blizzcon and they can increase hype before they introduce 8.0 pre-order on Blizzcon. And Legion reveal was their best so far, they had solid hour to show us basic stuff, let's hope they will repeat this.
    Would be more logical to introduce 7.3 in gamescon. And 8.0 in blizzcon. Why would they give out 8.0 before introducing Argus? They dont need to increase the hype for 2 months before blizzcon. Tradionally Blizzcon has been the thing that everyone waits and expects there to be some big reveal. Would be pretty boring if they just told stuff that we already know about in blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Some parts will probably be available in 8.0 and then they'll probably launch the other locations as we go. Much like how they did it in MoP.
    Just check Argus, it's a huge area split into three parts. They also made Mardum which people seem to forget is a whole zone in itself.
    Yeah, I wasn't thinking about that at first, but after playing around on Argus on the PTR, it occurred to me that I might not have to be that worried about a Kul Tiras continent after all. Not even necessarily that it won't be the main setting at launch, but that Legion has already challenged that precedent. Adding a zone here or there happened in expansions as early as Burning Crusade with the Isle of Quel'Danas, but Legion is really challenging the limits of what they can add outside of the main setting. The Broken Isles are the main setting, but we've gotten a lot of zones elsewhere, at launch and post-launch.

Someone else came up with an idea where the next expansion launches will only a couple of new levels, and each patch raises the level cap. I could actually see something happening like that as well.

Imagine the expansion launches with Kul Tiras, but it's only two or three zones, and we only have two or three new levels. There's still a high level of new content, however, and it culminates in a cliffhanging climax. Then, in the first patch, we chase that cliffhanger to, say, Zandalar, get another level cap raise and a few more zones. This could culminate in visiting Nazjatar at the end, in a very Argus-like way, with a multi-zone final patch that depicts a much more alien setting than the expansion so far.

I think that could be a much more natural version of the gating that Legion has had, in a way that might initially be even more controversial, but would require a lot less of a frustrating catch up for those who start late or take a break.

I don't think we'll see Kezan and the Undermine, I feel like they closed that chapter when Deathwing nuked the area in Cataclysm.
    I'm worried you're right, which is why I haven't talked about it much myself. ;P I want to see us go back, Blizzard said we might go back someday, and I'd like to see it permanently accessible, but there's no particular reason to expect it at the moment. I also wish they'd move Kezan again. Even the Chronicle, pre-Cataclysm, has it next to the Lost Isles and practically off the coast of Kalimdor, which is a really baffling location for it to be at, for so many reasons.

There's also Ny'alotha but I think that'll be used as the bridge between 8.0 and 9.0
    At one point, I thought it might be the "continent" for next expansion. The Priest artifact, I believe it was, talks about how Suramar pales in comparison to it, and considering Suramar is practically a zone-sized city, I thought Ny'alotha made sense as a continent-sized one. That probably wouldn't be that fun though and could easily end up feeling repetitive. Maybe they could do it like Mac'Aree, where you visit part of it, and you can see the rest in an impressive skybox that it just wouldn't be worth visiting.

I think some guy in MOP hinted towards Zandalar being destroyed but we don't know that for sure. But I don't think people have to automatically think that they'll pull a Broken Isles on us, for all you know they'll make it so you have to travel between the zones using ships and sea mounts.
    It was sinking last we knew, but the exact details of that aren't known. Personally I think it would be a huge shame to find out that it's just gone for good, and I really don't think Blizzard would just want to write such an interesting and somewhat important place out of the story. I mean, it would also be a shame to go to the last vestige of the troll empire only for it to look like all of the other ruins we've been to, which is essentially the best case scenario at this point, but you can still make that impressive.

And then there's the question about a possible world "renovation", we already know they want to apply level scaling to the old zones (probably 1-60 in vanilla zones, 60-70 in tbc, etc) and that'll probably mean they want to fix or at least redo some parts of current Azeroth, maybe even Northrend with the current updates to undead creatures as well as the Chromie stuff.
    I wasn't even thinking of this too much until recently, when a lot of threads popped up talking about it and having a pretty positive poll turnout. It's certainly been long enough since Cataclysm, and a lot of issues have cropped up in the meantime that make leveling a new character awkward again. I guess the question is whether they can more efficiently handle that sort of update while also adding new content, which was the main problem before.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-12 at 07:23 PM.

True, true. But, i'm just a big ass geographical WoW nerd. So, RiP me, right?! XD
    I feel you, I'm fascinated by maps! They're one of my favourite things in this game. Hence my fascination for the South Seas, and my buuuuurning desire to know where the heck is Kul'Tiras now!

Seems like they'd do Bolvar, a revamped Icecrown zone and a raid below icc as a patch rather than a full expansion in Northrend. Tie it into the old God presence

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I feel you, I'm fascinated by maps! They're one of my favourite things in this game. Hence my fascination for the South Seas, and my buuuuurning desire to know where the heck is Kul'Tiras now!
    It's still likely just below Tol'barad. :/

Gotta say though, will likely quit after the next expac! My Legion kill list is done, with Sargeras getting stopped!

However, my 3 guys are both Azshara, The Void lords, and N'zoth...

So...likely can't quit until that's done!

Gotta say though, will likely quit after the next expac! My Legion kill list is done, with Sargeras getting stopped!

If you're waiting for the Void Lords, you'll probably stay around for a while !

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

I'll quit once N'zoth, Azshara and Zul are all dead. Which is likely to be the next expansion at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quit once N'zoth, Azshara and Zul are all dead. Which is likely to be the next expansion at this rate.
    Even if all those people die, it won't be over.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Even if all those people die, it won't be over.
    Pretty much this, Blizzard will always find a way.

I think it'll be a Void expansion with a focus on the South Seas and possible something off planet too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I almost wonder if Blizzard is doing it on purpose at this point.

Back around Mists of Pandaria, I believe it was, they lamented that they've been running through popular Warcraft III characters without really giving World of Warcraft any of its own to invest people in, and wanted to remedy that. Except, not long after, they seemed to double down instead. Malkorok, only recently introduced, got killed off almost right away. Then Garrosh followed him shortly after. Baros Alexston, a minor (but nostalgic for some) character from World of Warcraft was put into the spotlight only to be assassinated. Legion is being very thorough in killing off everyone notable in the Legion, and even killed off some other popular World of Warcraft-era characters like Varian. Characters who aren't being killed off are having their plots resolved or otherwise claiming they won't get involved in things in the future. That's not to mention a million other characters, like Maraad (who was killed off shortly after finally having a role in-game), but I can't even remember most of them off the top of my head anymore.

Coupled with the myth arc that the Chronicle introduced (and then put on a fast track) and I really feel like Blizzard is trying to "wrap up" Warcraft in some way. Obviously, I don't mean that they'd just shut down World of Warcraft out of the blue, but it feels like they're building to something different than just another sequel.

When will they post the Gamescom itinerary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I almost wonder if Blizzard is doing it on purpose at this point.

Back around Mists of Pandaria, I believe it was, they lamented that they've been running through popular Warcraft III characters without really giving World of Warcraft any of its own to invest people in, and wanted to remedy that. Except, not long after, they seemed to double down instead. Malkorok, only recently introduced, got killed off almost right away. Then Garrosh followed him shortly after. Baros Alexston, a minor (but nostalgic for some) character from World of Warcraft was put into the spotlight only to be assassinated. Legion is being very thorough in killing off everyone notable in the Legion, and even killed off some other popular World of Warcraft-era characters like Varian. Characters who aren't being killed off are having their plots resolved or otherwise claiming they won't get involved in things in the future. That's not to mention a million other characters, like Maraad (who was killed off shortly after finally having a role in-game), but I can't even remember most of them off the top of my head anymore.

Coupled with the myth arc that the Chronicle introduced (and then put on a fast track) and I really feel like Blizzard is trying to "wrap up" Warcraft in some way. Obviously, I don't mean that they'd just shut down World of Warcraft out of the blue, but it feels like they're building to something different than just another sequel.
    They still have too much momentem to end it so soon. I mean ppl thought the end would be after Legion which is not the case.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    When will they post the Gamescom itinerary?
    It's likely to happen a week before Gamescom starts, like they did in 2015. So... around August the 15th!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Would be more logical to introduce 7.3 in gamescon. And 8.0 in blizzcon. Why would they give out 8.0 before introducing Argus? They dont need to increase the hype for 2 months before blizzcon. Tradionally Blizzcon has been the thing that everyone waits and expects there to be some big reveal. Would be pretty boring if they just told stuff that we already know about in blizzcon.
    By this logic, on last Blizzcon they would talk about Nighthold, not Tomb of Sargeras. This panels are used for informations that we don't know. Only new thing about 7.3 could be intro cinematic.

And you think Blizzcon 2015 was boring? We got cgi cinematic and ton of informations on closed panels. Do you think that 15 minutes long reveal on opening ceremony would be better than 1 hour Gamescom?

I don't say that Gamecom reveal will happen, but this will be wasted opportunity if they save it for Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They still have too much momentem to end it so soon. I mean ppl thought the end would be after Legion which is not the case.
    Well, even another expansion is a couple more years, and if next expansion deals with N'Zoth, they could do the Void Lords for the following one and get two more years. That still gives World of Warcraft a decently long life (outside of the classic MMOs that are still around, but those have mostly been on life support for years anyway). It's all about the Chronicle though, which painted the Void as the ultimate final villain and as a battle we simply cannot avoid at this point.

Again, I still don't necessarily think they'd just end it. To give a better example of what I mean (though I don't necessarily mean this exactly would happen either), imagine us confronting the Void in an expansion or two, and as that final battle approaches... we have no hope. We still have a final raid where you have some gameplay victory, but the story culminates in the Void ignoring our small victories and overwhelming everything. Nozdormu, in his final moment of clarity, finds a way to send us back far in time as insurance to avoid this fate in the future (similar to the beginning of Mortal Kombat 9). Then we end up getting a sort of soft reboot where Blizzard can much more carefully plan out the future and set up characters for the future that they squandered this time around.