Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    arcane has some new ones too.

they all look so amazing, this is the best thing they have done in legion. i wish they'd do it for all the casters.
    How about NO? Warlocks already got all their spells updated when they were overhauled in MoP. Shamans, and Druids got theirs updated as well over time. The only spell still not updated is the Priest's black beam drill spell.

That list covers all caster classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    How about NO? Warlocks already got all their spells updated when they were overhauled in MoP. Shamans, and Druids got theirs updated as well over time. The only spell still not updated is the Priest's black beam drill spell.

That list covers all caster classes.
    Warlocks don't have the new spell casting animations, they still need that. Spell visuals are a separate matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Warlocks don't have the new spell casting animations, they still need that. Spell visuals are a separate matter.
    I couldn't care less about the animations, I want new visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I like the current Arcane Missiles animation better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I couldn't care less about the animations, I want new visuals.
    Mages are getting a ton of new visuals and animations as well. Arcane is looking particularly good, Warlock is getting neither this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    The AoE animation/spell details look great (especially Blizzard, Arcane Explosion, Earthquake, etc). I wonder if only the player can see it to that level of detail though, because I could see raid size AoE could be a bit too much going on.

I also really like the "slow" flurry build up look, even though you never cast it slow.
    Yeah that's what sucks, I've been saying for a while now we need an UI option to hide all friendly fire spell effects. Granted we can turn all effects down but that also turns down hostile effects too, sometimes it makes it really hard to see whats under your feet when all you can see is the constant barrage of friendly fire under/near you.

Love the new frost animations particularly blizzard.

NEW ARCANE BLAST ANIMATION LOOKS JUICY!!!!!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    NEW ARCANE BLAST ANIMATION LOOKS JUICY!!!!!

Holy shit!

Anyone: Are troll males casting animation changing anything? Wanna keep the kamehameha-style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    Holy shit!

Anyone: Are troll males casting animation changing anything? Wanna keep the kamehameha-style.
    Your main filler nuke (Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast) keeps the race specific casting animations IRC

Oh my, it's gorgeous. And just like I said, the effect is progressing with cast bar around the target, not yourself.
    Here's it in gif form.

Also, Arcane Power was changed from that 13 year old crap to a new juicy overlay + hand glow.

Frost Nova now uses the same new animation (not visual effect) as Arcane Explosion.
    Rune of Power uses the same new animation as hardcast Pyroblast, Flurry, Blizzard, etc.

Arcane Familiar now looks different, like orb of power Imperator Margok style.

And Mirror Images now teleport to you with an afterglow for a few seconds

Last edited by Tirilka; 2017-07-31 at 09:36 AM.

That is awesome. Lazers are being charged.

Deleted
    I do wish Arcane Blast was a projectile instead, but this is still gorgeous

I wonder if we'll even be able to see the spell effect on Kil'Jaden sized raidbosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vonylicious View Post
    Your main filler nuke (Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast) keeps the race specific casting animations IRC
    Which is a shame because it doesn't seem like Arcane will get the new Pyroblast/Flurry animation for any of their spells.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-07-31 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I do wish Arcane Blast was a projectile instead, but this is still gorgeous

I wonder if we'll even be able to see the spell effect on Kil'Jaden sized raidbosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is a shame because it doesn't seem like Arcane will get the new Pyroblast/Flurry animation for any of their spells.
    Rune of Power has that animation.

GOD YES.

Finally. Really awsome spell effects, i love Arcane Blast, i think it fits the theme while still keeping it a travel-less spell.

I was not even hoping anymore for an Arcane Power change, and i am SO glad i was proven wrong. It's one of the strongest cds in the game and it always felt so underwhelming... not THAT'S what being empowered feels like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    It's one of the strongest cds in the game and it always felt so underwhelming... not THAT'S what being empowered feels like.
    Only if you take the +60% damage talent for it, untalented it's one of the weakest in the game.

Arcane Blast got updated again!

Now it also blasts a rune in the air right in front of you, alont with a nice distortion effect.

Can it even get more awesome?

I am BLOWN AWAY but what Blizzard did with this, that has always been considered the "ugliest and less meaningful" amongst all spells in the game.

Now it's possibly the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I am BLOWN AWAY but what Blizzard did with this, that has always been considered the "ugliest and less meaningful" amongst all spells in the game.

Now it's possibly the coolest.
    Yep, the best example of "from rags to riches".
    Arcane was always considered to be visually impaired, even before Legion. But now, with new arcane blasts, explosions, missiles, barrages, it's definitely on par, and maybe even more cool than the other two specs.

New Living Bomb visuals (actually it's several builds old, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere)