Deleted
    Love losing 30+ rating because some retard had a bitch fit and threw the game by sitting in spawn, after being told to switch because he just kept running in and dying as Reaper.

If you're that guy: Fuck you go choke on a dick, cunt.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-07-16 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is also no reason that someone level 30 should not be paired with people over lvl 400.

Matchmaking does not work based on your level but it does work based on your rating. So, if you have reached 1850 rating, it will match you with other players that have around that rating. Level is completely irrelevant.

Sure, you can now ask the question "How it's irrelevant when it tells how much experience I've got in this game and for how long I have been playing!??!" and while it is true that it can give an idea of how much one is playing the game but it's not really accurate when it comes to your skill level. Because it's quite true that one can do something for so long and still learn nothing.
    The reality is Ranked play shouldn't be available to players so low a level, they just opened the game, they're just getting into it. They aren't experienced enough and all it does is cause aggravation for the team they're placed with. As for Quick and Arcade, its the same thing, they do nothing but cause aggravation to the team they're paired with. As Jessicka mentioned below me:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    25 isn't even enough levels to see all the maps, never mind learn them from both sides. It's very apparent, very quickly when one team has a bunch of <50s, and the other is full of >300s.
    this is 100% accurate. While players from all levels and skill brackets have bad games or bad days, low level players 99% of the time mean inexperienced, be it with maps and awareness of objectives or with the ability to play multiple heroes at a decent skill level to not ruin the game for others. When I'm paired with people who are under lv50 I lose 99.99% of the time, when I'm against players that are under lv50 I've yet to lose a single game. The reality is, the matchmaking isn't fun for the experienced players and it puts a bad taste for the inexperienced players. No one wants to be paired with them and all they get is harassed for it.

25 isn't even enough levels to see all the maps, never mind learn them from both sides. It's very apparent, very quickly when one team has a bunch of <50s, and the other is full of >300s.
    I'm lvl 36 and I've been almost diamond, I know the maps.

Not to mention you can learn the maps in custom games witch yield no EXP whatsover, thats what i do with new maps.

Go solo in a custom game and take all the time in the world to learn the layout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Not to mention you can learn the maps in custom games witch yield no EXP whatsover, thats what i do with new maps.

Go solo in a custom game and take all the time in the world to learn the layout.
    Yeah, lets face it, you're in a tiny minority that do that.

Deleted

Sounds like an insanely boring way to do that. I know I wouldn't.

Yeah, lets face it, you're in a tiny minority that do that.
    Maybe, doesnt change the fact.

Also, its incredibly dumb not to look at the map first, who likes to run into dead ends all the time?

Well, what do i care, my wife also thinks level says all...no surprise here.
    I would daresay level is about 1% of performance.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-07-16 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that is wrong way to look at it in my opinion. You first can't get into Ranked play if you don't have required level and on top of that you qualify for ranked. So everyone else qualifies, no matter if you are 4000000 level or 30 level. Level experience is irrelevant. You assume that someone with higher level knows better but I am convinced that is not the case. I played hundreds of matches this season and I didnt even pay attention to peoples level, rather the general feeling of how matches are going.
    Once you get your first prestige I think it starts to matter less, there are definitely diminishing returns. But knowing the maps and how the fights on them flow, where people might "sneak" in from, they can make a critical difference.

@Zatachi says it's 1%, I think it's a little more than that, but importantly those add up when it's 6 level 30s against 6 level 200+ players. It could be as much as 10%, which is not surmountable.

They really need to do something about the griefers. Guy I've encountered 4 times this week, instalocking roadhog and he just runs straight into the enemy team and feeds their ult charges, claims he's trying to kill them but he's just running and shooting half-hearted with no chance of killing anyone. 2 times on my team and 2 times on the enemy team...

Once you get your first prestige I think it starts to matter less, there are definitely diminishing returns. But knowing the maps and how the fights on them flow, where people might "sneak" in from, they can make a critical difference.

@Zatachi says it's 1%, I think it's a little more than that, but importantly those add up when it's 6 level 30s against 6 level 200+ players. It could be as much as 10%, which is not surmountable.
    When did this happen? I mean i get what youre saying but this is extremely rare i think.
    And even then 10% is not that much, sure it is at the finish line but it isnt a definitive win.

All i want to say is that level is not a definitely measurement and many players give it much more than it deserves, wich goes to psychological ground,kinda like a self fullfilling prophecy if you understand what i mean.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-07-16 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this happen? I mean i get what youre saying but this is extremely rare i think.
    And even then 10% is not that much, sure it is at the finish line but it isnt a definitive win.

All i want to say is that level is not a definitely measurement and many players give it much more than it deserves, wich goes to psychological ground,kinda like a self fullfilling prophecy if you understand what i mean.
    Well just last night, I was the only player with any prestige on my side, the other team was 400+. They literally ran rings around us, because I was the only one who knew what and where to expect them, and the others just had no experience to switch up and counter. You have a level 30 who's only played Hanzo or something and if they have a level 300 Winston diving them, they're just not able to participate.

Well just last night, I was the only player with any prestige on my side, the other team was 400+. They literally ran rings around us, because I was the only one who knew what and where to expect them, and the others just had no experience to switch up and counter. You have a level 30 who's only played Hanzo or something and if they have a level 300 Winston diving them, they're just not able to participate.
    Well of course.....but see, i never have seen such a huge gap between teams....well its not wholly true...
    If i play with someone heated (that i know *cough*) the gap allways seems so much bigger.
    But it hasnt to do anything with level again.

Still it just makes me more belive in self fullfilling prophecy.
    I guess the truth lies somewhere in between us.

But that is wrong way to look at it in my opinion. You first can't get into Ranked play if you don't have required level and on top of that you qualify for ranked. So everyone else qualifies, no matter if you are 4000000 level or 30 level. Level experience is irrelevant. You assume that someone with higher level knows better but I am convinced that is not the case. I played hundreds of matches this season and I didnt even pay attention to peoples level, rather the general feeling of how matches are going.
    Except level does matter, someone who's a low level barely has any understanding of the game and it ruins it for anyone else. Regardless of their ranking or w/e it just causes problems for the community in placement matches in which players get shafted into playing with these people who are just allowed to que into ranked with no understanding of how to play correctly. As I said of course there are trolls and idiots of all levels, but the game should at least make people do something rather than "oh gratz you barely touched our game, go play ranked and fuck everyones day up." lv30 isn't even a feat, you can literally get than in a few hours. Where as in League or even in their own company HotS you have to actually invest a decent amount of time into the game before you can just que up into ranked. BARE MINIMUM you should be required to be lv100 to que into ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level doesn't matter.

If they're bad because they're low level, which you're arguing, that will show in their performance, and they'll be ranked accordingly. They'll either fall way down from where they currently are (ranking system in action), or they're already properly ranked and will likely climb out of it fairly quickly once they DO learn the maps (since their other talents are what's keeping them as high as they are, at the moment, and those won't go away as their map knowledge increases).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Level doesn't matter.

If they're bad because they're low level, which you're arguing, that will show in their performance, and they'll be ranked accordingly. They'll either fall way down from where they currently are (ranking system in action), or they're already properly ranked and will likely climb out of it fairly quickly once they DO learn the maps (since their other talents are what's keeping them as high as they are, at the moment, and those won't go away as their map knowledge increases).
    While true, the systems propensity to throw people into the middle and spin them out leads to them being too highly placed. Having the minimum level raised would reduce the incidence of this occurring.

That is what we're arguing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Causing openings is not tank killing though. A single Fan the Hammer used to kill a full HP Roadhog, lest you forgot.
    Dont exaggerate -.- it was 420 dmg if every shot connected which lets be honest if you miss a FtH on hog youre bad, but it was two of them just Flash, FtH, roll, FtH

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Decided to try out the American server after I kept hearing the teamwork/mic usage was better on it, after 3 games and 3 wins I think I made the right choice. Thankfully my internet is good enough that I don't notice the difference in servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Decided to try out the American server after I kept hearing the teamwork/mic usage was better on it, after 3 games and 3 wins I think I made the right choice. Thankfully my internet is good enough that I don't notice the difference in servers.
    Better in American servers? Whats your native server, the pits of Sauron?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm lvl 36 and I've been almost diamond, I know the maps.
    pretty sure you're an exception dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i read here comp is pure hell in every way.
    It absolutely is. There's a reason why outside of this forum, this season has been talked about
    by numerous sites as being the single worst season in the game's history.