Thread: Downloads

Downloads

While on the forums, chrome gave me a warning that the site was pushing too many downloads, or something similar, asking if I would allow them. I didn't, but it had already downloaded this file called hbpix.

Sounded suspicious.

I've never seen anything like that. Do you have a screenshot?

No, only happened this one time...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now there is a symbol in the right hand side of the address bar, an arrow pointing down with a red X, when I mouse over it, it says "this site tried to download many files automatically" (rough translation)

10+ Year Old Account
    For MMO-C?

Yes, only showing on mmo-c forums

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/wJFeWZC
    Last edited by LMuhlen; 2017-07-19 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Yes, only showing on mmo-c forums

- - - Updated - - -

(fixed image embed)

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I've been saying it too... something on MMO-C makes my browser freeze up.

I don't want to admit to reading MMO-C at work but... our network administrator has approached me and said he gets a lot of bandwith movement when I'm on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You know I've been saying it too... something on MMO-C makes my browser freeze up.

I don't want to admit to reading MMO-C at work but... our network administrator has approached me and said he gets a lot of bandwith movement when I'm on MMO-C.
    Hmm, odd. Are you blocking adds? Our system at work shows this as a minimal site for us (then again, we run with a 400/900 connection), nor have I seen any downloads started, or cancelled from here.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The URL from your download history would be helpful.

Nothing from yesterday shows up in my download history... I guess since it aborted the download, it didn't register?

The file that did get downloaded also doesn't show there... it was a 1 kb file named hbpix, with no extension that I could see. I deleted it, though.

It isn't happening anymore today.

i get that too, i feel like mmo lets to many ads on without control o.o Or has very messed up html code

It sounds like a misconfigured ad. Hopefully it is gone now. If it pops up again get me the URL and I'll do what I can to stop it!

i bet thats it, it comes and goes for me, usually hangs around for 1-3 weeks then is gone.

I also got this. It's restricted to the front page.

It's the same url.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had malwarebytes warn me about blocking the following over the last few days:

image.ibb.co:53240.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."