Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The new Bolas looks very tasty.

On another note, What do you guys think the MTG MMO will be like? It's made by the studio who made City of villians/heros, Neverwinter etc.
    With the studio making it that has a pretty poor track record, and honestly even if it is an unliked opinion the more they see why other MMOs succeeded and get inspiration from them the better. Heck, maybe even copying as much as possible will be good.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

First news of the week and it's a doozy.

First, core sets are coming back. WOOHOO, I say personally.

Second, there will be no more "blocks", which goes into the third point.

Third, every plane we go to can last any number of sets, from one to however many they choose for story reasons. This is what it will look like.

Fourth, the Gatewatch will show up on less planeswalker cards. The Gatewatch will even show up less, sometimes this will mean less characters and other times it may be seeing none of them, but they will still be around and we will still have those times where they are around for the entire story of a plane or more.

Fifth, Masterpieces won't be in every set. Hour of Devastation will have them, but Ixalan will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like these changes except for the fact that the new "core sets" will be strictly new player friendly. I just don't know what simple mechanics actually entails.

In other news, Aetherworks Marvel is banned in standard for being too frustrating. Not for being OP or overly represented, which they somewhat refuted, but simply unfun to play against.

Finally, a Magus of the Crucible being printed in the next set.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoo boy! We're going back to Dominaria next year and getting a third UN set. I can't wait to draft all that crazy shit in the next UN set.

Some possible Ixalan spoilers.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-06-15 at 02:51 PM.

The HoD invocations seem to be a bit over the top. Bloodmoon? Damnation? Thoughtseize? There will be some pricey lotterycards.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The HoD invocations seem to be a bit over the top. Bloodmoon? Damnation? Thoughtseize? There will be some pricey lotterycards.
    For sure. I'm a little surprised they only gave one invocation for the three new gods in this set. I would have thought that the Locust and Scarab gods would get them too.

10+ Year Old Account

The Locust God looks pretty sweet. I don't have much hope for it in standard with it's stats for cost, but I'll definitely attempt to make a modern deck. And when that likely doesn't work, it looks like an EDH all-star.

Speaking of a god, this one is an all star. I'd love to make a U/B control deck with this one in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These gods are insane, I can't wait to see the ones I actually care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    These gods are insane, I can't wait to see the ones I actually care about.
    Those are the only three, scorpion, scarab, and locust. Story is that there were 8 of them and Bolas took the insect ones and put them away to corrupt for a later date.

Scarab is the best one. I want to build U/B control all day right now.

Random horse tribal out of nowhere on a pretty good card to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly a tribal card though. Works better outside a "horse" deck, into a life gain deck. Its tokens would get the indestructible, and with a deck that's always gaining life, you get a 5/5 indestructible for free every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGhostly View Post
    It was a mistake coming to this thread. I told myself a decade ago that I couldn't afford to play Magic anymore...
    Haha, feeling almost the same here. Last versions I remember playing were something around Tempest/Exodus/6th/7th, and now I feel like playing again... Good that there's no addicted friends luring me in. What a great game.

Guess now we know 2 of the tribes for this year's Commander decks.

10+ Year Old Account

So the Wizards commander 2017 page now has a header with The Ur-Dragon, Arahbo, and those two. They appear to be the face cards for the last two decks. The first one's clearly a vampire which is awesome. The second one, people can't seem to agree on but the current leading guess is clerics.

Got some images from Comic Con for Unstable. Man I wish we had some of this art style back in Magic more often. Love the racoon selling squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    [img]http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.SgL0jDG%2bXD44YYsn70gosQ&w=300&h=300&p=0&pid=1.7[/ig]

[img]http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.iF3bJog6PTaA8MCnd3mCXQ&w=300&h=300&p=0&pid=1.7[/ig]

So the Wizards commander 2017 page now has a header with The Ur-Dragon, Arahbo, and those two. They appear to be the face cards for the last two decks. The first one's clearly a vampire which is awesome. The second one, people can't seem to agree on but the current leading guess is clerics.
    The agreed rumor is that the vampire is most likely Edgar Markov, the one who started vampires on Innistrad and Sorin's grandfather.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-07-23 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man, poor Riggers and Contraptions being relegated to an un-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The agreed rumor is that the vampire is most likely Edgar Markov, the one who started vampires on Innistrad and Sorin's grandfather.
    Yeah, heard that. Now I just wonder what colors it'll be. The most vampires are R/B so that's obvious, but then we have some Dimir/Grixis and some Orzhov including Sorin. Personally I'd prefer Mardu over Grixis.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Aw man, poor Riggers and Contraptions being relegated to an un-set.

Yeah, heard that. Now I just wonder what colors it'll be. The most vampires are R/B so that's obvious, but then we have some Dimir/Grixis and some Orzhov including Sorin. Personally I'd prefer Mardu over Grixis.
    With his father originally being a scientist him being Grixis makes sense, but if we follow the colors on the art then Mardu is a possibility. I bet they'll make it Mardu because of all of the white vampires coming in Ixalan.

As for Riggers the only way to get Steamflogger Boss to work would be to errata it heavily. Contraptions could easily have been like Clue, Gold, Etherium Cell, and I think "treasure" coming in Ixalan, but the way those work is you the player make them, not the Riggers. A shame Contraptions are Un- only, but hey it's alright with me.

Here are the exclusive cards from Hascon for Magic. The Sword of Dungeons and Dragons will be in Unstable.

We need an MMO from this now.