Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction involvement in Legion is small on both sides. It's underwhelming, I still like the other characters that are involved though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Riiight, then defying order to NOT use plague in Gilneas was.. just sone of the "random moments"
    yes, she totally instigated the war by throwing acid at a city hours (or days, i dont know how long the battle lasted) after it started.

Formerly known as Arafal

For fucks sake, argue past each other about that stupid topic in the other thread.

I'll give you the conclusion to the "discussion:"

Neither side changes their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    yes, she totally instigated the war by throwing acid at a city hours (or days, i dont know how long the battle lasted) after it started.
    Meanwhile, the war on Gilneas was already won by the worgens and pushing the horde back. If Sylvanas wouldn´t use the plague, the would be free of green shit and Greymane (and all other worgens) not permanently pissed on her.
    Point is, she just threw a gasoline into the partially extinguished fire.

Deleted
    Meanwhile, the war on Gilneas was already won by the worgens and pushing the horde back. If Sylvanas wouldn´t use the plague, the would be free of green shit and Greymane (and all other worgens) not permanently pissed on her.
    Greymane is pissed with Sylvanas because his son's death. It's personal. It's about the war, not the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the faction war in another thread. It's tiring.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If Sylvanas wouldn't have used the plague Garrosh would have led the invasion himself, resorting to undead meat-shields to break all defenses and eventually killing everyone with his orcs. But hey, Gilneas would look prettier now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If Sylvanas wouldn't have used the plague Garrosh would have led the invasion himself, resorting to undead meat-shields to break all defenses and eventually killing everyone with his orcs. But hey, Gilneas would look prettier now.
    Alliance sure likes its corpse pavements, just ask Draenei. They even donated.

Riiight, then defying order to NOT use plague in Gilneas was.. just sone of the "random moments"
    Garrosh's order to not use the blight was a simple one.

In short his order was "Don't use a weapon that will keep your people alive. I want you all dead both Forsaken, Gilneans and whatever Alliance will come up to help Gilneas so Orcs stand strong." or are we ignoring the whole Garrosh wanted to wipe out the Forsaken part of the story to satisfy certain headcanons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is not the thread for faction infighting, or another long argument about the conflict.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This is not the thread for faction infighting, or another long argument about the conflict.
    i dont want illidan to go he just got back, aucald do something T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    i dont want illidan to go he just got back, aucald do something T.T
    I don't think Illidan's fate is in my purview, for better or for worse.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think Illidan's fate is in my purview, for better or for worse.
    TT.TT now i need a hug

I am MORE than happy that Velen is the main character in 7.3. It's been about 10 years now since his introduction. He's paid his dues to have the right to actually have his screen time.

His moment with Talgath in Mac'aree is just so nerd-boner popping. A decade+ long moment in the making, only eclipsed by him confronting Kil'jaeden and chasing him onto his ship to get his vengeance.

Well, and I'm kind of drunk so this might not come off the way I wanted it, but I'm not sure what people were going to expect.

Blizzard all but said they were going to bring Illidan back only to give him the ending they think he deserves. So while he doesn't do a whole lot since his resurrection in 7.1, he's going to get his asinine ultimate savior moment by being Sargeras' jailer.

It also feels like Blizzard pulled back hardcore on the chosen one storyline after virtually everybody said they hated it with Xe'ra, rendering him just one out of ~5-6 characters in 7.3, who are all working toward stopping the Legion. Frankly this is how Illidan should have always been. Just another player among many who had a vested interest in stopping the Legion. I actually like him way more in 7.3 than anything he's done before in Legion or in his shitty novel. Just another dude who is a powerful person but isn't the chosen one.

He makes quips that I think are fairly amusing, such as when he seems offended that Turaylon sends the player to help him fight demons. And they purposefully made HIM the one to only offer the world quests that involve mindlessly slaying Demons, which is a nice touch since the other more technical ones like dealing with Void creatures falls to Alleria (due to that being her storyline), reinforcing the Army of the Light to Turalyon (Which is his) and trying to save the souls of fallen Eredar to Velen (Which is a big part of his). Thematically its very appropriate and I noticed it the second I saw multiple WQs pop up.

He's ultimately just a commander in the Army of the Light fighting against Sargeras. Which is how he should always have been.

I can see why Demon Hunters would be upset. I sympathize with them, I truly do. But I feel like the overall lore is far better served having Illidan as just another commander in this battle than the chosen one, which we already know his fate is going to be in the end anyway. It's truly a "sacrifice" (See what I did there?) so we all don't have to get him shoved in our faces 24/7. Also Warlocks had one of, if not the, worst class campaigns in 7.0 so as someone who mains one I don't have much sympathy for other classes' shortcomings atm. Especially when Demon Hunters have some badass ones in 7.0, with their multiple cutscenes and actually doing work while Warlocks (and Warriors and arguably Hunters) had incredibly boring storylines.

In my opinion, the Illidan moment we need in 7.3 is one between him, Malfurion, and Tyrande. No big action sequence. No Mary Sue Chosen One bullshit. Just them all talking. FFXIV does a fantastic job of giving gravitas to cutscenes where important characters are just discussing things. And, if done right, I feel like a cutscene where the three of them talk to one another, FOR THE FIRST GODDAMN TIME SINCE LEGION LAUNCHED, would be really epic in its own way. THAT is the ending he deserves. Telling Malfurion, and more specifically Tyrande, that he did everything he did for her (and to a lesser extent, him). To save them the fate of Azeroth being destroyed. Illidan dying or disappearing with them not having a direct conversation with him will be a travesty.

And I say "will" instead of "would" because I'm fairly certain its not going to happen. Which is sad.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-23 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...In my opinion, the Illidan moment we need in 7.3 is one between him, Malfurion, and Tyrande. No big action sequence. No Mary Sue Chosen One bullshit. Just them all talking. FFXIV does a fantastic job of giving gravitas to cutscenes where important characters are just discussing things. And, if done right, I feel like a cutscene where the three of them talk to one another, FOR THE FIRST GODDAMN TIME SINCE LEGION LAUNCHED, would be really epic in its own way. THAT is the ending he deserves. Telling Malfurion, and more specifically Tyrande, that he did everything he did for her (and to a lesser extent, him). To save them the fate of Azeroth being destroyed. Illidan dying or disappearing with them not having a direct conversation with him will be a travesty.

And I say "will" instead of "would" because I'm fairly certain its not going to happen. Which is sad.
    do u even remember what he said in w3, the last thing he said to his brother and tyrande? "I doubt our paths will cross again. En'shu falah-nah"

probably the sacrifice that xe'ra was referring to in book is the fact that indeed illidan will never see malfurion and tyrande again, ever. They will probably die in the next expan and he ll come back to an azeroth without tyrande and malfurion. Now u say no way they will die in an exp, well lot of people die while facing the legion u think we wont have loses while facing the void lords?

...that was because he was going to literally another planet.

He came back from death on Azeroth as some prophesied leader.

Even as someone who really despises Illidan as a character, from a sheer freshman-level storytelling perspective, Illidan deserves some kind of moment with Tyrande and/or Malfurion.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-23 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Even as someone who really despises Illidan as a character, from a sheer freshman-level storytelling perspective, Illidan deserves some kind of moment with Tyrande and/or Malfurion.
    Nah.

People go different ways for a reason. Tyrande and Malfurion are in his past, they fulfilled their part in Illidan's story and he moved on. Sure, in that one cutscene you can see he still harbors feelings for Tyrande, but I think it's mostly because she is the embodiment of both his failures and desires.
    He so desperately wants to destroy the Legion, his desire to achieve something big and to get noticed comes from Tyrande's neglect and her prefering Malfurion.

Atleast, that's how I like to think of it. I sincerely doubt Blizzard's intentions are anything close to it, but that's just how I see Tyrande and Malfurion being part of his past, making him who he is, and just leaving it from there.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-07-23 at 11:29 AM.

People go different ways for a reason. Tyrande and Malfurion are in his past, they fulfilled their part in Illidan's story and he moved on.
    ...except for the fact that he talks about Tyrande literally when he's dying in Black Temple. She is his entire motivation to stop the Legion from destroying Azeroth.

Deleted
    ...except for the fact that he talks about Tyrande literally when he's dying in Black Temple. She is his entire motivation to stop the Legion from destroying Azeroth.
    If you're not even bothering to read the very next sentence I cba.