Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Legendary Gambling Advice!

I have 6 Frost specific oranges plus Cold Heart, boots, cloak and Sephuz. for UH I have UVA.

I really want Deathlord's Soul ring.

If I set loot for Frost its a 1 out of 3 chance my next one is the ring I want.

If I set to UH its a 1 out of 7 chance... BUT Deaths March, shoulders, bracers and that stupid belt are in the mix...

I dont have KJs or Prydaz... what would you do?

Frost- Soul, prydaz or KJs gamble
    Unholy- pretty much everything minus UVA.
    my last orange was Sephuz about 3 weeks ago so another one should be popping up sooner or later. probably later. But i did get 2 legendaries an hour apart (have proof) once and another2 days after that.

I would stick to frost spec personally...you have a higher chance of it being what you want, and even if it's not it will still increase the chance for the next drop to be it too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I would stick to frost spec personally...you have a higher chance of it being what you want, and even if it's not it will still increase the chance for the next drop to be it too.
    Ok thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thank you
    I use CH and swap between sephuz and UVA for my UH set. Wouldn't mind shoulders or bracers. But if I leave it as frost I guess KJ wouldn't be horrible or Prydaz over my ring choices. I don't want garguls that's for damn sure!

Deaths March is quite good for M+ and other aoe fights. Ring is def a good legendary but I find myself using it more on M+ than I do any mythic progression/fight except for maybe Harjatan or Host.

I'd go UH personally, since you seem to main unholy atm. Bracers are still good and shoulders are obviously BIS. Getting one of these two would be more useful overall and net you more ST dps which more often than not is more important. Prydaz is underrated, KJ's is still solid too....Yah belt is trash but I don't recommend prolonging your fishing for unholy shoulders as they are the next biggest gain for the spec.

I guess what I am saying is the options for unholy aren't as bad as you think.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    Deaths March is quite good for M+ and other aoe fights. Ring is def a good legendary but I find myself using it more on M+ than I do any mythic progression/fight except for maybe Harjatan or Host.

I'd go UH personally, since you seem to main unholy atm. Bracers are still good and shoulders are obviously BIS. Getting one of these two would be more useful overall and net you more ST dps which more often than not is more important. Prydaz is underrated, KJ's is still solid too....Yah belt is trash but I don't recommend prolonging your fishing for unholy shoulders as they are the next biggest gain for the spec.

Cool thanks man. I had that exact thought process once I looked at boss kills on WoL and saw just about every top DK using the same oranges and talents.
    The reason why I want the ring so bad is for bursting sores. I love that talent and seeing numbers flying all over.
    As a filthy casual these days I only do one 14 or 15 for the week and normal clears while finding a H Avatar pug so no mythic progression for me anymore.
    I have a virulent plague relic and a lash or shadows so in my eyes either BS or EF is fine for what I do these days. But I suck at keeping dots up even with a HUGE WA saying to reapply VP

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Ok thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thank you
    I use CH and swap between sephuz and UVA for my UH set. Wouldn't mind shoulders or bracers. But if I leave it as frost I guess KJ wouldn't be horrible or Prydaz over my ring choices. I don't want garguls that's for damn sure!
    Kjbw is a good legendary for unholy. Sephuz is good too. Iirc the aboms hook procs it too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kjbw is a good legendary for unholy. Sephuz is good too. Iirc the aboms hook procs it too.
    Yes I been using it for a few weeks now and love it. Some bosses it can't proc though so it's a nice stat stick then but for 5 mans and dailies it's great

Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post

You're right, you have a ton of options and shoulders are definitely BiS, followed by Chest. But he already has the latter. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the belt isn't trash. It currently sims better than bracers and helm with my current gear for single target. The bracers simply aren't "great" anymore. Helm is slightly better with multiple target, but it's really close between bracers and belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    You're right, you have a ton of options and shoulders are definitely BiS, followed by Chest. But he already has the latter. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the belt isn't trash. It currently sims better than bracers and helm with my current gear for single target. The bracers simply aren't "great" anymore. Helm is slightly better with multiple target, but it's really close between bracers and belt.
    Depends on gear most likely, belt sims the worst for me by a wide margin. Where bracers sim ahead of the other unfavorable ones. (for me)
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Id stick to frost, and save ur nethershards. When you feel a legendary is about to drop, go spend ur shards on rings from the vendor! The tokens do have a chance to proc a legendary of the slot you're purchasing for!

Quote Originally Posted by Honro View Post
    Id stick to frost, and save ur nethershards. When you feel a legendary is about to drop, go spend ur shards on rings from the vendor! The tokens do have a chance to proc a legendary of the slot you're purchasing for!
    Except it doesn't give you the new legendaries. So chest and the new ring won't happen.

How sad is it that this is how we have to play now adays. No longer play the specc you happen to like, but play what RNG pulls you towards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    How sad is it that this is how we have to play now adays. No longer play the specc you happen to like, but play what RNG pulls you towards.
    blah blah blah. stop crying about nonexisting problems, you can play ANY spec you like if you're not in a top guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    blah blah blah. stop crying about nonexisting problems, you can play ANY spec you like if you're not in a top guild.
    As someone who's been kicked out of a shitty guild for playing what he wants during farm, and still competing in the top three of said guild, this isn't necessarily true.

As someone who's been kicked out of a shitty guild for playing what he wants during farm, and still competing in the top three of said guild, this isn't necessarily true.
    Man, you should take a break. Either that or you need another guild. We're getting a little tired of seeing you complaining about frost all the time, and the fact that the patch doesn't seem to look appealing to you won't help you in the future either.

Except it doesn't give you the new legendaries. So chest and the new ring won't happen.
    I can tell you thats 100% incorrect, thats how i got the new dk ring! I had 40k shards, spend them all on rings. The 5th token procced legendary ring for me!

Man, you should take a break. Either that or you need another guild. We're getting a little tired of seeing you complaining about frost all the time, and the fact that the patch doesn't seem to look appealing to you won't help you in the future either.
    So feel free to ignore me. This was also during HFC, not current tier. Hilarious thing is you're the only one complaining. So im tired of your complaining of my complaining. When really I've barely posted in the last month. So you must be looking out for my posts...sounds kind of stalkerish. If you really think that post was me whining then damn you have a warped perception of what whining is. I was simple stating that the play what you want thing, doesn't happen in every guild.

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell you thats 100% incorrect, thats how i got the new dk ring! I had 40k shards, spend them all on rings. The 5th token procced legendary ring for me!
    They must have changed it because when the patch went live, they made it clear you couldn't get new legendaries.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...04885234139137
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-07-30 at 10:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have a screen shot or some proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    You have a screen shot or some proof?
    Not like a took a SS of a leggo I was after, but i'm happy to link my armory so you can see I have it. Reason I rolled for it, is because I wanted it for H-KJ progression (Rune-Tap + Foul Bulwark).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...roth/deathrowe

Apologies, for profile, I logged out as UH - but ring is equipped.

AFAIK the bracers got no special treatment in simC anymore, thats why it sims lower than ingame.
    I surely dont get that big of the difference between CHEST/SHOULDER or BRACER/RING at longer fights. With solid BRACER procs you get 3+ mio DPS burst just as high, as with SHOULDERS/CHEST.

I don't see any night and day differences ingame with the different legendary combos.

-