Deleted

Question Apex legendary ring, what pet spec?

I recently won the apex legendary ring and i was wondering what is the best spec for my pet to gain the most dps increase if anyone has any sims to show it.

i heard not long ago people say tenacity is the best, if so why is that?? and is staying ferocity spec a dps loss??

as ferocity you get an extra dash i believe where as tenacity you get a stomp that adds to single and aoe dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    as ferocity you get an extra dash i believe where as tenacity you get a stomp that adds to single and aoe dps
    but isnt it a dps loss to use thunderstomp?? it takes energy away from using special attack of pet.
    Last edited by mmoc59ba2629ea; 2017-08-02 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Apex Predator's Claw Icon The Apex Predator's Claw is a Legendary ring that causes your pet to gain the passive abilities of all the three pet talent specializations, Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity, and also deal 5% additional damage. Noteworthy abilities that a Ferocity pet will receive include Boar's Speed Icon Boar's Speed which increases your pet's movement speed by 30%, and Great Stamina Icon Great Stamina which increases your pet's total health by 60%. If you get this Legendary, set your pet spec to Tenacity to gain the damage effect of the Charge Icon Charge ability.

from https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...s-best-in-slot

Use Tenacity like mooh said for the extra damage from Charge, but keep Stomp turned off as it wastes pet Focus for zero DPS gain. The ring also sims and performs much higher than most BiS lists say it does. I am actually pleased to see that Azortharion took down his legendary ranking list, as there was so much that was wrong with it for a very long time. Like ranking the healing pants above things like Apex. (The one caveat to this is since this was originally recommended, Hati was changed to gain the Dash buff every time your primary pet gains the buff. Allowing for easier target switching. From the patch notes and what I've seen, Hati does not gain that same Charge buff when in Tenacity spec. So if you need to change targets a lot, Ferocity may be the better choice so Hati isn't left lagging behind.)

I am personally running 4pc T20 with 2pc T19 in the Crit/Stomp build(that's player Stomp not pet Stomp), as dropping my T19 2pc bonus is a roughly 49K DPS loss not matter what combination of legendaries I use. And I have every possible BM legendary to choose from. I run sims, on my own, with RaidBots and AskMrRobot, constantly with every new piece of gear I get to see if I finally have non tier pieces of high enough item level to overcome that 49K DPS I'm gaining from keeping my T19 2pc bonus, but so far I can't even come close. Despite having several pieces that alone are significant individual upgrades.

Since I'm running those 6 pieces of tier, that prevents me from using things like the legendary shoulders or chest, and through extensive testing, and backed up by some guides, that leaves the legendary belt and ring as my best choices. Most of those guides will recommended Soul of the Huntmaster over Apex, but Apex both Sims and performs better for me in actual raids. People like to say "that's not possible" to me all the time when I say that, but I've seen the numbers for myself. It's not a big difference, and it's really small enough that statistically you can almost call them equal, it was roughly a 2.5K DPS difference last time I compared the two. But it was more so in the actual raid performance where I felt I saw more consistent performance out of Apex.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-08-02 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Use Tenacity like mooh said for the extra damage from Charge, but keep Stomp turned off as it wastes pet Focus for zero DPS gain. The ring also sims and performs much higher than most BiS lists say it does. I am actually pleased to see that Azortharion took down his legendary ranking list, as there was so much that was wrong with it for a very long time. Like ranking the healing pants above things like Apex. (The one caveat to this is since this was originally recommended, Hati was changed to gain the Dash buff every time your primary pet gains the buff. Allowing for easier target switching. From the patch notes and what I've seen, Hati does not gain that same Charge buff when in Tenacity spec. So if you need to change targets a lot, Ferocity may be the better choice so Hati isn't left lagging behind.)

I am personally running 4pc T20 with 2pc T19 in the Crit/Stomp build(that's player Stomp not pet Stomp), as dropping my T19 2pc bonus is a roughly 49K DPS loss not matter what combination of legendaries I use. And I have every possible BM legendary to choose from. I run sims, on my own, with RaidBots and AskMrRobot, constantly with every new piece of gear I get to see if I finally have non tier pieces of high enough item level to overcome that 49K DPS I'm gaining from keeping my T19 2pc bonus, but so far I can't even come close. Despite having several pieces that alone are significant individual upgrades.

Since I'm running those 6 pieces of tier, that prevents me from using things like the legendary shoulders or chest, and through extensive testing, and backed up by some guides, that leaves the legendary belt and ring as my best choices. Most of those guides will recommended Soul of the Huntmaster over Apex, but Apex both Sims and performs better for me in actual raids. People like to say "that's not possible" to me all the time when I say that, but I've seen the numbers for myself. It's not a big difference, and it's really small enough that statistically you can almost call them equal, it was roughly a 2.5K DPS difference last time I compared the two. But it was more so in the actual raid performance where I felt I saw more consistent performance out of Apex.
    I just tried it bro, if you go far out and use charge from pet on target dummy, hati will charge with your pet so thats really nice.

tenacity is great.

Deleted

I just tried it bro, if you go far out and send pet in on target dummy, he will use the charge and hati will charge with your pet so thats really nice, go try it out.

tenacity is great.

Quote Originally Posted by coldchills View Post
    I just tried it bro, if you go far out and use charge from pet on target dummy, hati will charge with your pet so thats really nice.

tenacity is great.
    Hati gets a speed boost when you use Kill Command that is unrelated to Charge/Dash, both your pets do, so make sure that's not what you're seeing. Cause if you're sending your pets in with KC, like most Hunters do, that's like what you're seeing. But as far as the actual "Charge" spell your main pet has, as far as I'm aware, Hati doesn't cast that spell the same as "Dash".

Deleted
    Hati gets a speed boost when you use Kill Command that is unrelated to Charge/Dash, both your pets do, so make sure that's not what you're seeing. Cause if you're sending your pets in with KC, like most Hunters do, that's like what you're seeing. But as far as the actual "Charge" spell your main pet has, as far as I'm aware, Hati doesn't cast that spell the same as "Dash".
    read what i said lol,, just send in the pet on the dummy with pet auto attack, the pet will run in, use charge ability and hati will charge aswell.

i didnt use kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by coldchills View Post
    read what i said lol,, just send in the pet on the dummy with pet auto attack, the pet will run in, use charge ability and hati will charge aswell.

i didnt use kill command.
    I read what you said, nothing in your post made it clear you were only using auto attacks. I hadn't tested the charge vs dash myself to be certain, I was just trying to be diligent to make such that's what was actually happening. Because Blizzard never put it in the patch notes that it would apply to Charge the same as Dash. Lose the ego and be more clear in your posts next time.

Because if I target a training dummy and manually click on "Charge" on my pets action bar, Hati doesn't respond. I have to be otherwise attacking the target, and I have no way of knowing if you are going through your normal opener when that's happening or not because you didn't specify in your post. I've been able to get in game since that post and test it myself, and yes it does appear that Hati will charge along with your primary pet. that's great. But it's not on me that you weren't more clear in your post and it's not on me that Blizzard failed to mention that when they said Hati would gain the Dash buff.

Deleted
    So the conclusion is TENACITY(TANK SPEC) with Thunder turned off, leaving just one active dps skill - bite/claw?

A bonus thing with that ring, you get the tenacity passive that increases your pet damage by an amount when it's at <35% hp.

You can try making 2 gear sets, one naked with only weapon and the ring, and one with your current gear. You get naked, wait until the pet hp updates, put on your gear, wait again till the pet hp updates, and you have your pet at <35% hp. It actually works after some trail and error.

However, most healers have some form of automatic aoe healing, so it probably won't last a long time. It should last longer in dungeons, where you have only one healer so there's not as much aoe healing.

More and more hunters seem to be trying out the aspect of the beast talent in the last row. If you decide to take it, be sure and keep your pet ferocity so your kill command leaves a dot on the target.

Other than that situation, I really doubt you'll notice much of a difference between leaving your pet tenacity or ferocity with the ring. Even with the odd chance that your pet uses charge before you mash kill command and it's next basic attack gets a 50% boost.
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-08-03 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    More and more hunters seem to be trying out the aspect of the beast talent in the last row. If you decide to take it, be sure and keep your pet ferocity so your kill command leaves a dot on the target.
    You get all three effects from Aspect of the Beast if you're using the Apex ring - no matter which spec you set your pet to. It's a nice extra perk!

Great post, thanks for the info. Quick question for you - in your sims have you swapped out the Apex Predator's Claw for, believe it or not, Sephuz's Secret? Lots of people are having Sephuz's outperform Apex in the sims, even though you can't sim the proc! What do your sims tell you?

After the nerf, Apex was never a strong legendary. Sephuz on the other hand can be good. Sim though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not for this tier.
    Just look at effins theorycrafting thread, first post.
    -> apex-huntmaster : best in slot
    With higher scaling, even more ilvl (940 on all gear pices + 970 wep)
    -> roar-huntmaster edges ahead

Sepphuz can be stronger still but you need figths where you can reliably proc it on.
    So for mythic harjatan/mistress/demonic /host

Can i question the "disable thunderstomp" theory. Thunderstomp costs 20 focus compared to claw and does less but nature dmg that is not reduced by target armor. So in single fight scenario they should be equal but in an 2+ target scenario the Thunderstomp will deal more dmg.

With our current gear pet focus is also a thing that looking at it it often gets capped so having an extra ability to use it on is only a + while leaving it off will result in wasted pet focus not spent for dmg.

Granted both claw and thunderstomp are weak it is still extra dps that would be missing if turned off.

Apex is not even that great of a legendary anymore since it was nerfed. If you have other legionaries available, chances are they are all better than Apex. Sim.

I mean always sim your own gear but the most recent Ettin sims have Apex as 3rd BiS behind Sephuz and Huntmaster (for OWTP build), that's still pretty dang good.