Here are my logs:
    warcraftlogs
    Perf% is very weak, and i don't know what i'm doing wrong
    Stats without buff: Crit 47 (49 with food), haste 20, mastery 17, versa 10
    4xt20 + 2xt19
    wrist and belt leggo
    any sugestion how to improve my dps?

Deleted
    Change pyromaniac with firestarter and mirror images with rune of power/incanter(depends on how much you have to move on fight) and try to drop some crit

I always changed between Confla (more cleave/m+) and Pyromaniac (pure ST) like was in old guides , so on 7.2.5 Firestarter is best option for ST now?
    I saw in logs many mages using Incanter but remember before Tos, Almost everyone was taking MI.
    So, now default ST choice is Rop -when i don't need to offen moving (goroth, inguisition, maiden, sisters and aoe - harjatan, sashine, kj, and IF while is a lot of moving (avatar,, host)?
    Drop crit - 47% is too much? I think more haste is needed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    I always changed between Confla (more cleave/m+) and Pyromaniac (pure ST) like was in old guides , so on 7.2.5 Firestarter is best option for ST now?
    I saw in logs many mages using Incanter but remember before Tos, Almost everyone was taking MI.
    So, now default ST choice is Rop -when i don't need to offen moving (goroth, inguisition, maiden, sisters and aoe - harjatan, sashine, kj, and IF while is a lot of moving (avatar,, host)?
    Drop crit - 47% is too much? I think more haste is needed?
    Yes, firestarter is now the best option in st. Yes, people were taking MI back in nh but new tier+strong damage trinkets made rune and incanter better. Yes, with firestarter+scorch belt you want to drop crit low and just take any other stat.

I wouldn't bother with Firestarter on Heroic.. You barely get any casts of and you have to be amazingly lucky to get a Bracer proc in the 10-15 seconds the bosses are above 90% on heroic. Only talent I'd switch, when doing heroic, is Pyromaniac to Conflag.. It will steady your dps quite a bit and lets you plan ahead with more certainty. On Multi target fights, I'd change Mirror Images to RoP or Incanter's.

What I do agree on though, is that you should definately drop some crit, with T19 2 piece and T20 2 piece, crit is devalued. It is even more devalued when going to Mythic and having Firestarter on.

From the logs.. You didn't seem to use any Phoenix's Flames with your 2nd or 3rd combustion, nor many Fire Blasts. You should always aim to have as many of both as possible when Combustion is coming of cooldown, though never cap them. Can't see other glaring errors, at least when looking at the Sisters kill, but having stronger combustions will result in higher overall DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I wouldn't bother with Firestarter on Heroic.. You barely get any casts of and you have to be amazingly lucky to get a Bracer proc in the 10-15 seconds the bosses are above 90% on heroic. Only talent I'd switch, when doing heroic, is Pyromaniac to Conflag.. It will steady your dps quite a bit and lets you plan ahead with more certainty. On Multi target fights, I'd change Mirror Images to RoP or Incanter's.
    flat out false. Use Firestarter on almost every Fight in NH! Even in LFR its worth it.
    Conflag istn´t important anymore, and pyromaniac to unreliant and danger to fuck up. That apart, Firestarter gives you a free combust depending on fight length + combust on the right time on some encounters.
    Harjatan and mistress for example. Using firestarter, you´re going to pop combust ~10-20 sec into the fight, right before the first adds spawn. so you got a big ingnite which cleaves for high AoE dmg, which on top dont hurt your singletarget. Thats why top firemages stack mastery and vers as fuck atm. You can go full ST dmg and add high ignites to the right targets at the right time without droping too much boss dmg.

Firestarter also double dips on avatar, making it a really strong choice. You get the buff on the pull and then again on the first protocol for Maiden.

This is a little off-topic, but I'm just now getting back into raiding again and I've heard about mages building mastery and vers.. why is this?

Yes, firestarter for heroic. This is especially true for Avatar. Firestarter is a sick talent.

Mastery is my go to, as you get higher ilvls crit will scale up some. That said, don't actively avoid crit, I would never drop ilvls over something having crit, I'm just not actively looking to take it and reach some arbitrary mark.(problem with sims is there is only 1 single target fight in the relevant game now, and it's the easiest/shittiest one)

Lots stacking mastery now because they have a frost offspec. Frost offspec does great on first boss(requires nothing but shit legos and same tier/trinks you use for fire, if mastery too high go glacial spike), mastery plays to fire strength which is ignite. Lots of people now using single target fire rotation for aoe with high mastery for ignite damage.

My biggest suggestion for high dps is to get the owl trinket and have it going during combustion. Bracers are super RNG dependent, so make sure you are managing your RoP(my go to for single target fire) to always give it a boost, or if you aren't comfortable with RoP, go with incanter. Managing when to cast/delay bracers is a big part, but not as big as RNG.

I personally prefer playing fire in my aoe spec, but most times it's not optimal for bosses.

Of note, flame patch is an AMAZING talent for aoe nowadays, it seems. I find it nearly edges out lb in every scenario except very short lived aoe packs. I'd like to get some relics to boost my flamestrike and see how that would be on mistress sasszine.

On the versatility question, vers is and always has simmed high for me in frost and fire. Not sure why, but I'm usually rocking 4p or now 4p/2p and I'm seeing vers at or close to the same level as my highest stat. Always seemed under-rated and meh to the community but I feel vers has been a strong stat for fire mages the whole xpak, and ice mages at least this patch. In single target sims, I find that most stats are pretty flat for fire/frost in recommended gear(4p/2p, owl/shark, wrist,belt,hero ring). 2 exceptions being crit in frost after softcap, and mastery for frost not running glacial spike.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-08-04 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    well, you're playing fire on a primarily ST fight, ofc it will do crap dps when fire is by far the worst spec for ST dps compared to the other specs(easily 15+% behind frost atm), frost is just that much better than fire atm that playing fire on any primarily ST fight is a waste of time atleast on mythic, on hc it doesnt really matter, luckily tho, blizz made more balanced encounters in ToS and fire do have a few encounters where they can shine but sisters(the fight in the log) is not one of them.

I have testing new playstyle last days.
    Finally drop MI - tested IF becouse of mobility, but plan to try RoP. Firestarter is a big thing.
    Sisters log - normal with pug, i think with guild run can be better - to compare previous logs.
    Demonic logs - with two targets, fire is really nice.
    %perf are better, but should be a lot better, think i need more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, you're playing fire on a primarily ST fight, ofc it will do crap dps when fire is by far the worst spec for ST dps compared to the other specs(easily 15+% behind frost atm), frost is just that much better than fire atm that playing fire on any primarily ST fight is a waste of time atleast on mythic, on hc it doesnt really matter, luckily tho, blizz made more balanced encounters in ToS and fire do have a few encounters where they can shine but sisters(the fight in the log) is not one of them.
    I find sisters my worst fight as fire. Highest I've done on normal as fire is like 780k. Pulled like 950k on my first heroic kill as offspec frost.

Here's why. Cleave. The short burst cleave of the owl combined with hero and/or cooldowns makes that little cleave phase huge for frost, but doesn't last long enough to equally impact fire though ignite.

I find that on demonic inquisition, fire and frost are just about dead even. Fire ahead on avatar, frost ahead on sisters. Odd that all 3 fights consist of 2 adds, but the length of time they are in close relation to each other obviously has major implications on how they are impacted by each specs aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    I have testing new playstyle last days.
    Finally drop MI - tested IF becouse of mobility, but plan to try RoP. Firestarter is a big thing.
    Sisters log - normal with pug, i think with guild run can be better - to compare previous logs.
    Demonic logs - with two targets, fire is really nice.
    %perf are better, but should be a lot better, think i need more practice.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical

Our first heroic kill was Saturday on sisters, for comparison. I'm just learning frost, but am beginning to parse around average. It's amazing how much better frost seems to be at that fight. As fire with the bracers, that fight is even a huger pain in the ass. One of my most hated. After that we went in and killed Maiden in just a few pulls, I think we've wiped for 2-3 weeks on and off on sisters and plenty on Sizaneen which accounts for me being so fucking far behind this tier.

Love my guild though, just play like shitbirds sometimes(don't we all).