Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healthstone in 7.3.

So there're new health potions in 7.3 and I believe health stone will remain garbage with 360k heal. This is pathetic, especially for pvp, considering you can use it only once per fight.

Yeah it's really odd. You'd think at the very least the Warlock would get as much HP from his own healthstone as a healing potion. Right now as Destro healthstone heals for less than an ember tap used to

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as affliction HS actually heals for something but when I switched to destruction in 7.2.5 the first couple of times I used it I was like "WTF, was there a glitch? Why didn't it do anything?".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Yep, as affliction HS actually heals for something but when I switched to destruction in 7.2.5 the first couple of times I used it I was like "WTF, was there a glitch? Why didn't it do anything?".
    to be fair, as a destro player, the healing provided by the affliction one is a bit op. When you consider the 1mn CD we have as destro, i think it would be too broken if we had the same. But maybe just bufffing a bit the healthstone or making a spell power ratio would bring back the utility of this spell.

It is rather odd that Healthstones and health pots both arent simply being a % of your hp. It would make pots and healthstones usefull throughout the exapansion rather then having them be really strong early on and trash later into the expansion.

Drums are weaker than Bloodlust

Potions are stronger than Healthstones.

It doesn't make sense.

and please dont bullshit me with "Eh.. Because we have multiple classes with Blood Lust.."
    Edit Signature.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Drums are weaker than Bloodlust

Potions are stronger than Healthstones.

It doesn't make sense.

and please dont bullshit me with "Eh.. Because we have multiple classes with Blood Lust.."
    Agreed, they should be.

The problem is that Healthstones heal for almost NOTHING compared to the healthpools we have. They are essentially useless.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    to be fair, as a destro player, the healing provided by the affliction one is a bit op. When you consider the 1mn CD we have as destro, i think it would be too broken if we had the same. But maybe just bufffing a bit the healthstone or making a spell power ratio would bring back the utility of this spell.
    you can argue that destro instead has a strong heal coming from drain life considering the procc talent on the artifact, but yeah, overall disappointing.

It's by design, and was changed in WoD. When Healthstones and Pots healed for the same, you would never use Healing Potions when a Healthstone was available, because the Stones cost nothing to make and could be freely provided to an entire raid group. Thus, the change was made so that each had their strengths. If you want a bigger heal, you use a Potion, if you want a cheaper heal you use a Healthstone...Unless you're Affliction, where you get both a free/strong heal.

This is, admittedly, at odds with the design of other items, like Drums.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    you can argue that destro instead has a strong heal coming from drain life considering the procc talent on the artifact, but yeah, overall disappointing.
    it's not an insta healing, and you must sacrifice mobility and DPS to benefit from drain life healing.
    As affliction, you press your button and you get full life 0.1 sec later.

My points is, a buff is needed yes, but i kinda like the differences between affliction and destruction on this point.

They buffed healthsones to restore 25% of your total hp in new ptr build. So hs for affliction without reap restore 50% of your hp pool on ptr. I think this is not final and they will nerf it, but lets hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    25% would actually be useful unlike the current iteration. However the benefits aff gets would have to be nerfed, a 100% heal on a 2min CD would be pretty op for pvp
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-07-26 at 02:44 AM.

I would not call them useless. I always get asked to drop cookies for the raid every boss. Every bit of healing helps.

Let's not forget the other part of that artifact trait we receive the healtstone heal whenever a party or raid member uses one as well. That's now huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I would not call them useless. I always get asked to drop cookies for the raid every boss. Every bit of healing helps.
    They should be using health potions since they share a cooldown but heal for more.

Blizz will always argue that healthstones are free. Not meant to be stronger than health pots, or health pots become irrelevant. They're a free alternative, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozhinat View Post
    Blizz will always argue that healthstones are free. Not meant to be stronger than health pots, or health pots become irrelevant. They're a free alternative, simple as that.
    So why is it not the same for bloodlust/heroism vs. drums? Skill from mage/ele/bm is free but still does 5% more than the non-free drums version.

Anyway, fixed already. 25% of lifepool is actually substantially better than even the new health pots now. I just wish they would change the life drain trait for destro to the same as Affliction. Life drain is such an out-of-place spell for destro anyway, don't even get why it's still in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Pozhinat View Post
    This argument only dates back to the last expansion, so it's not really as rock solid a policy as you make it out to be.

Healthstones weren't stronger than health pots - but they were equal which seemed fine. Warlocks provide a nice bonus, but they're not 'mandatory' since you can get the same bonus via potions if needed.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    % scaling will outpace static potions as stamina still increases massively per tier. (930 vs 970 alone is +45% stamina increase).

You'll see regular dps at over 7 million hp with itemlevel 1000 legendaries and up to 985 titanforges.

New healing potions are 1.080.000 health, healthstones at 25% will be equal over 4.320.000 health, so much better beyond that.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-02 at 09:01 PM.

people ask for stones to be dropped because they like carrying them I guess, but they don't that often get used in pubs. And even when they do, they probably aren't a lifesaving heal, unless the person using them happens to be another warlock.