Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just like that literally every class/spec got a unique legendary for each spec except warlocks who got one for all three specs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcilord View Post
    I will just say: More than two months ago, after patch 7.2. or so, demonology skull started to disappear after his aoe and never return back (need relog etc.). It was last nail in coffin for me, because after hard work to finish demo challenge I found out this, combined with our stupid way to class hall, our class mounts etc. I benched my lock again. These small frustrating things are not world first problems ofc., but when you see their ability to quickly fix some cosmetic things for other classes (e. g. Illidan glaives for Dh's) and their ignoring attitude to disappearing artefact, you are just disappointed. So I totally understand how is FelPlague feeling.
    This is also one of the reason I stopped playing demo, the bug has never been adressed. No blue ever posted in one of our threads telling us they were aware of the bug. We got completely ignored for months and we're still getting ingored. It sucks but that's how it is.

Seeing how bad communication has been in legion compared to other expansions even tho they said they would make more efforts, I'm actively looking for any new games coming out in the next few months or year. I truly love WoW but when something isn't fair, it's never fun to be on the bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    those eyes are HUGE
    also i guess we should remove armor that makes stuff hover around you too, aswell as fire mage orbs, all just cluster

- - - Updated - - -

and so why not remove all glyphs for anyone but you? Why are other classes able to use glyphs that add effects to them, why are just our soulshards only for us?
    Sounds good to me, who cares what other people do in this game just focus on yourself. Just like the real world no one really cares about you or your accomplishments or bling, they may pretend to but really they don't. Maybe once you grow up a bit you will realize that everyone really only does care about themselves and the world will make a lot more sense.

idk about you but i get compliments about my mog every other day
    also i like to let people see me how i wanna be seen, would you want people to see you without your mog on?
    if blizzard made a change where transmog ONLY showed for you, but everyone else saw you in your default gear, would that make you mad?
    I don't know about you, but it sound like those compliments are getting to your head.

Stop giving a shit what other people think about how you look.

/thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I don't know about you, but it sound like those compliments are getting to your head.

Stop giving a shit what other people think about how you look.

/thread
    or maybe you want people to see you a specific way?
    its not "omfg im so scared people are gunna think im ugly" it is "no i want people to see me this way"
    it goes back to the argument i made that i feel like if transmog just changed how you looked FOR YOU people would have complained and forced blizz to change it by now
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's just split it in 2 parts.

1. I believe these glyphs should be visible to other players, it both makes sense from a standpoint of offering unified experience where everyone sees the same thing and simply because that's how it used to work in the first place with Verdant Spheres glyph before. I see some PvP argument there, but it is merely the same thing as with Verdant Spheres - to use it or not is your choice.

2. This thread has gone places, it is quite possible to argue for your point without being obsessive and nasty about it. OP is to blame for it, basically derailed it himself starting from the first post with all the "fuck" spam and rabid responses afterwards.

I am pretty sure there would be much less opposition if some calmer approach was taken from the beginning.

Because it is part of my charecters look.

Also i dont think anyone has caught on as i pointed out
    this is the ONLY glyph that literally does nothing for ANYONE but you
    This isn't entirely true. With the exception of the wing glyphs all of the demon hunter glyphs suffer from the same problems. No matter how alter your fragments or spectral sight no one but you will ever know. It's kind of disappointing because mana touched souls are kind of pretty, it's nice to be able to use fel touched to make the fragments the same color as spirit bombs explosion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    This isn't entirely true. With the exception of the wing glyphs all of the demon hunter glyphs suffer from the same problems. No matter how alter your fragments or spectral sight no one but you will ever know. It's kind of disappointing because mana touched souls are kind of pretty, it's nice to be able to use fel touched to make the fragments the same color as spirit bombs explosion.
    well the spectral sight and orbs are allways on your side to be fair, they are spells that are only seen by you, then are still only seen by you
    well these are a NEW thing being added, and they arnt seen by others

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, let's just split it in 2 parts.

1. I believe these glyphs should be visible to other players, it both makes sense from a standpoint of offering unified experience where everyone sees the same thing and simply because that's how it used to work in the first place with Verdant Spheres glyph before. I see some PvP argument there, but it is merely the same thing as with Verdant Spheres - to use it or not is your choice.

2. This thread has gone places, it is quite possible to argue for your point without being obsessive and nasty about it. OP is to blame for it, basically derailed it himself starting from the first post with all the "fuck" spam and rabid responses afterwards.

I am pretty sure there would be much less opposition if some calmer approach was taken from the beginning.
    yeah probebly, just preeeeety annoyed
    spent 90k to get 3 of the glyph, then a few weeks later spent another 20k to get the ember shard one to try it out, then another 10k to get another soul shard glyph
    for a total of 120k

idk about you but i get compliments about my mog every other day
    also i like to let people see me how i wanna be seen, would you want people to see you without your mog on?
    if blizzard made a change where transmog ONLY showed for you, but everyone else saw you in your default gear, would that make you mad?
    It's 3:16 AM at the time of this post, Have you considered suicide today?

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-07-29 at 10:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    It's 3:16 AM at the time of this post, Have you considered suicide today?
    welcome to time zones/night shift?

In the history of the world I'm not sure that anyone has ever had their minds changed due to people telling them they should not care about something that matters to them.

Personally I do not care about transmogs, mounts, glyphs, etc. except in very rare cases but I understand that other people do care. Blizzard and other players have invested considerably in everything that goes along with appearances. From that standpoint I get the OP and I think this is pretty sloppy on the part of Blizzard. At the very least the descriptions on glyphs should be clear.

So much hate against the OP in this thread and I didn't see a single post actually addressing Blizzard's removal of various visual effects that aren't sourced from your own player character.

Druid Moonfire (at least from Guardian) does not play an animation for allied players. The debuff literally appears on their target but you see nothing. As a tank with a druid co-tank, it'd be nice to know which adds on trash or bosses my co-tank has already hit so that I don't waste GCDs pulling them off.

Hunter Stampede (Beast Mastery talent) no longer plays its animation for anyone but hunters (changed in 7.1). As a tank I'd like to know where the hell this effect is so I don't constantly piss off our guild's resident hunter when I need to move mobs and don't know which direction Stampede is oriented to. (Becomes non-issue in situations where he wouldn't use Stampede, but nonetheless presents a great annoyance.)

I'm sure there are other effects that have been made client-side-only that I can't think of off the top of my head. The warlock shard glyphs might be cosmetic but the above two issues are not. Blizzard's constant catering to potato-level PCs at the expense of people with good hardware is starting to get out of hand. There's no reason the above-listed effects should not be able to be toggled in some form similar to the way Projected Textures was implemented. If older PCs can't handle the clutter or people don't like it, then it could be turned off that way.

They used to have the option "emphasize my spell effects" which actually just made other players' spell effects more dim; now that option is forced on and the vast majority of other players' spells are at times barely visible unless they are of the opposite faction. A good example of this spell effect diminishing is amusingly warlock Drain Soul; when our locks are channeling it on anything all I see is about an inch of the spell effect leaving their hand and the rest of it is faded into obscurity. (The cvar for the option still exists in the game but in my experience it does absolutely nothing and is treated as though it is always on.)
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2017-08-01 at 12:27 AM.

Yeah this is not cool and should be changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    So much hate against the OP in this thread and I didn't see a single post actually addressing Blizzard's removal of various visual effects that aren't sourced from your own player character.

Druid Moonfire (at least from Guardian) does not play an animation for allied players. The debuff literally appears on their target but you see nothing. As a tank with a druid co-tank, it'd be nice to know which adds on trash or bosses my co-tank has already hit so that I don't waste GCDs pulling them off.

Hunter Stampede (Beast Mastery talent) no longer plays its animation for anyone but hunters (changed in 7.1). As a tank I'd like to know where the hell this effect is so I don't constantly piss off our guild's resident hunter when I need to move mobs and don't know which direction Stampede is oriented to. (Becomes non-issue in situations where he wouldn't use Stampede, but nonetheless presents a great annoyance.)

I'm sure there are other effects that have been made client-side-only that I can't think of off the top of my head. The warlock shard glyphs might be cosmetic but the above two issues are not. Blizzard's constant catering to potato-level PCs at the expense of people with good hardware is starting to get out of hand. There's no reason the above-listed effects should not be able to be toggled in some form similar to the way Projected Textures was implemented. If older PCs can't handle the clutter or people don't like it, then it could be turned off that way.

They used to have the option "emphasize my spell effects" which actually just made other players' spell effects more dim; now that option is forced on and the vast majority of other players' spells are at times barely visible unless they are of the opposite faction. A good example of this spell effect diminishing is amusingly warlock Drain Soul; when our locks are channeling it on anything all I see is about an inch of the spell effect leaving their hand and the rest of it is faded into obscurity. (The cvar for the option still exists in the game but in my experience it does absolutely nothing and is treated as though it is always on.)
    main thing is fire mages get their fire orbs above their head, and it is not client side, everyone can see them, but our soul shards cant. So the argument "helps shit pcs" does not make sense, because then why does fire mage get to show off their fire orbs? so i dont even understand why people where trying to use that argument.

thank you

Why complain? Blizzard has shown time and time again that they don't care about Warlocks. If anything, they hate us and have no problem letting us know that.

Deleted
    except it is not
    because this is a glyph, that we spend time farming, and pay gold for, suspecting it would work like all other glyphs in the game
    but it does not, it only shows for us, why this glyph out of all the many glyphs in the game, does this one not show? why does it not tell us?

should blizzard remove people being able to see other peoples companions because those are clutter too?

- - - Updated - - -

no, they are all visable, cause yes i have gone through them and seen that all these glyphs show

- - - Updated - - -

yes because if suddenly companions didnt show to anyone but you no one should be allowed to complain right?

since when has it been "You can only complain if it effects gameplay"
    i think you miss that this glyph costs gold, gold you could spend on something else, gold that a person earns by selling these glyphs
    Man blizzard made the pvp enchant (red one) less cool because it ruined potato computers performance.

This seems like a case of Blizzard's lack of attention to detail surrounding the entire Glyph system. It's pretty clear that they abandoned it years ago.

Not that I agree with that decision. I thought glyphs were a great way for players to customize both their playstyle and appearance. At least if they're going to make it cosmetic only, they should fold it into the xmog system like they did with weapon enchants and such.

@FelPlague I completely agree with your PoV. This would be like Xmog being only viewable by the client and no one else. It's nonsense and should be fixed. It would be like all mounts being replaced with a single default mount appearance to help potato computers. And while I think that should be an option on the client side of potato users, it should not effect everyone unless they change their settings to do so. The default should be that everyone sees your xmog, chants, and mount the same as you do.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-06 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    Sounds good to me, who cares what other people do in this game just focus on yourself. Just like the real world no one really cares about you or your accomplishments or bling, they may pretend to but really they don't. Maybe once you grow up a bit you will realize that everyone really only does care about themselves and the world will make a lot more sense.
    Why the hell are you playing a MMO then? sounds like a terrible kind of game for you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Man blizzard made the pvp enchant (red one) less cool because it ruined potato computers performance.
    so why do mage's still get their fire orbs, but our soulshards dont show?

Deleted
    so why do mage's still get their fire orbs, but our soulshards dont show?
    i wasnt defending Blizzard, im just telling you that some of the things they do don't really add up.