Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What a pathetic whine thread.... Blizzard hates us because the sky is blue..., we're always getting the stick because we're warlocks... Boo freaking hoo.

Seriously, the warlock class in total is at one of the best states it has been in the past, with all 3 specs doing competitive damage, having OK survivability and good tools. Yes, there are things that I would like changed, but overall, I'm actually quite happy with my lock.

And to be honest: Who cares if we're last in the new spell animations. They'll have a WOW-effect for 2 weeks and then get old and overlooked again anyway. Bad enough that any development time goes into this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    What a pathetic whine thread.... Blizzard hates us because the sky is blue..., we're always getting the stick because we're warlocks... Boo freaking hoo.

Seriously, the warlock class in total is at one of the best states it has been in the past, with all 3 specs doing competitive damage, having OK survivability and good tools. Yes, there are things that I would like changed, but overall, I'm actually quite happy with my lock.

And to be honest: Who cares if we're last in the new spell animations. They'll have a WOW-effect for 2 weeks and then get old and overlooked again anyway. Bad enough that any development time goes into this at all.
    There is a difference between whining and discussing about something. If you do not want to contribute in a constructive way, then why did you waste your time in replying to this thread.

Survivability is poor. Hardly any tools. Destro kit got cut in half. Aff kit was hollowed out. Demon Hunter...er i mean Demonology well.

Demo was going towards an amazing evolution and transition. Playing around with the idea of a Caster Off-Tank. That glyph really was something of art, on the account
    of the devs. Bringing in some fresh air in the game. I know so many people who leveled a warlock alt but that is history. If they only took that creativeness and sense of risk and applied it to the whole game. We know how that story goes.

Damage can only go so far. We had a lot of game play some lore elements and glyphs/fantasy flavor stripped away and nothing to show for it after months of silence and a broken state, hell even other classes felt sorry for us. But that is common knowledge.

As per the title the next patch is pretty far away. If history repeats, the other classes will get revamps but locks will get bumped further to the following patch, if that.

Mage spell animations previewed for 7.3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, on PTR Incinerate, Imp visual and Imp Firebolt are already changed for non-green fire setup.

Guess they already work on changes for Warlocks anyway, just they won't be in in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah, on PTR Incinerate, Imp visual and Imp Firebolt are already changed for non-green fire setup.

Guess they already work on changes for Warlocks anyway, just they won't be in in time.
    Wasn't incinerate and orange fire particle effects updated for the release of Legion anyways? It was always green fire that stayed low rez and with now new hand cast particle effects.

Deleted

Call me selfish but I hope they do something for affliction, because fuck me it's one of the visually dullest things in the whole game. You spend most of your time waving your hands around and nothing much happening.

Agony, a floaty skull for a second that's not changed forever.
    I can;t actually see Corruption doign anything at all.
    UA seems to be a vague just visible purple glow.
    Siphon Life is a more striking...purple glow. It shouldbe green and show stuff flowing from the target to the caster, like that Shadow Priest thing (in reverse)

Drain Soul is actually quite good and striking, but I can;t understand why Malefic Grasp doesn;t use the visual specifically designed for it.

AFAIK the most visual bits of aff - the ghosts, the souls going into Ulkthalesh when you reap, and the glyphed floating shards....no one else sees!

And green fire does nothing cos we dont; use it, unless we take burning rush!

Most of all....I wish the warlock pets were just more impressive looking. Particulary for demo. If you play that you just don;t feel like a master of demons at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkSiNNer View Post
    There is a difference between whining and discussing about something. If you do not want to contribute in a constructive way, then why did you waste your time in replying to this thread.

Survivability is poor. Hardly any tools. Destro kit got cut in half. Aff kit was hollowed out. Demon Hunter...er i mean Demonology well.

Demo was going towards an amazing evolution and transition. Playing around with the idea of a Caster Off-Tank. That glyph really was something of art, on the account
    of the devs. Bringing in some fresh air in the game. I know so many people who leveled a warlock alt but that is history. If they only took that creativeness and sense of risk and applied it to the whole game. We know how that story goes.

Damage can only go so far. We had a lot of game play some lore elements and glyphs/fantasy flavor stripped away and nothing to show for it after months of silence and a broken state, hell even other classes felt sorry for us. But that is common knowledge.

As per the title the next patch is pretty far away. If history repeats, the other classes will get revamps but locks will get bumped further to the following patch, if that.
    Well, I don't see anything constructive in a whine thread about "all other classes are getting better visuals only warlocks don't". Constructive would be to give actual opinions on WHAT should change and HOW.

BTW, it's also not constructive to say "Roll back to what it was at x.x because I liked it then". Rather start from what we have and make suggestions on how to improve that.

For example: You say you liked the Demo tank possibility (that actually was never really used BTW). Now, put that in today's context without Meta (let's face it Meta is gone). Could you still do it? Sure you could have a pet tank - with all those downsides. You could even do a short-term tank version of "absorb the energy of all your active demons to reduce damage taken by x% and increase threat generation by y%. When you summon any demon or after 40 seconds, this effect ends".

Last, but not least: We have no survivability? Really? Affli has insane self-heal that can actually counter a lot of raid and m+ mechanics. Destro has a 1-minute CD 40% dmg reduce that could even be combined with another 1.5M shield (if talented) or a constantly replenishing absorb shield (if talented). Demo's surv is also not bad with an innate damage reduction of 30% (soul link).

Anyway, sounds more like a L2P issue than anything mechanically wrong with our surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Confirmation that they are still in the works is all I wanted. I can wait
    same so pumped!

how does incinerate look? I miss the old one, hoping they do something really cool again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw demonology, you already have flashy spell effects. Give Affliction some love :s Most of the time we don't even see our spells other than drain soul as the enenmy is too busy enjoying them, so at least give us some nice cast animations >.<

I think this is more a case of updating fire effects in general, not specifically Warlock effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    how does incinerate look? I miss the old one, hoping they do something really cool again.
    It's just a bit brighter and denser.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think this is more a case of updating fire effects in general, not specifically Warlock effects.

It's just a bit brighter and denser.
    Ah bummer. I was hoping for less of the twisting back and forth that it does now.

this is how it's gonna end up:
    4 days before 7.3 goes live :
    - "oh fuck we forgot to make any changes to warlocks!"
    - "it's ok let just do like always, change few things here and there and explain that it's 'cause of fantasy (you know that same old crap we use as an excuse since we stoped playing warlock)"
    - "ok but can you be a bit more specific?"
    - "let me think, ah i know, then nerf demo's bis leg of 50%, add some trash on raid bosses for affliction, and turn destro to a versatility spec!"
    - "what about tier21?"
    - "yeah that is a difficult one, just use the plan we had for t20 before we changed it, they'll never notice"
    -"what about animations?"
    -" i've got a great idea, put some d… in they're mouth or in they're …. , that should represent them the most!"
    Last edited by Demoros; 2017-07-13 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    - "it's ok let just do like always, change few things here and there and explain that it's 'cause of fantasy (you know that same old crap we use as an excuse since we stoped playing warlock)"
    - "let me think, ah i know, then nerf demo's bis leg of 50%, add some trash on raid bosses for affliction, and turn destro to a versatility spec!"
    - "what about tier21?"
    - "yeah that is a difficult one, just use the plan we had for t20 before we changed it, they'll never notice"
    -" i've got a great idea, put some d… in they're mouth or in they're …. , that should represent them the most!"
    What does this have to do with spell effects?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    - "what about tier21?"
    This just comes across like a giant whine and has nothing to do with anything.

Deleted
    Enslave demons = permanently yours, that way you can have pitlord, eredar, and tame bosses as your servants, just like hunters

The recent spell animations have me confused, because for example spriests didn't just get new spell animations but new casting animations. If they are planning on changing warlock casting animations I hope they leave channeling drain soul well alone. It's my absolute favorite casting animation for many races, especially undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The recent spell animations have me confused, because for example spriests didn't just get new spell animations but new casting animations. If they are planning on changing warlock casting animations I hope they leave channeling drain soul well alone. It's my absolute favorite casting animation for many races, especially undead.
    You're likely be disappointed then as drain life and drain soul will almost certainly be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    You're likely be disappointed then as drain life and drain soul will almost certainly be updated.
    The casting animation or the spell animation? or both?

I recall reading that they were aiming to leave the racial animations more or less alone for the less-impactful spells. I dunno how true this has held for the updates, as I haven't really cared, but it's possible that the DS/DL (model) channel animations will remain as they are.