Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hanamura out of the map pool

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hero...ic/20758516517

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I’d like to thank everyone for the tremendous amount of feedback we’ve received on Hanamura since its release.

We’re continually trying to push the boundaries with Heroes of the Storm and Hanamura is no exception. It introduces new concepts to the game and some of them have been more successful than others. We’ve made a couple rounds of changes since the battleground's release to address tuning feedback, but have identified a number of more fundamental changes we want to make as well.

While we work on these changes, we’re going to remove Hanamura from the battleground rotation for all normal gameplay modes starting with this week’s patch. We don’t have a timeline for when Hanamura will return, but the battleground will remain available in custom games in the meantime.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    They should have taken Garden of Terror with it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I must be the only person in the world that liked Hanamura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I like its music.

The map itself is balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You a big Azmo player?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    You a big Azmo player?
    Got him to level 6 and mostly hated every moment of it.

Deleted
    The map is stylish and has good ideas. However making the keep 100% pointless - no point value, no sappers - makes gameplay very wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The map is stylish and has good ideas. However making the keep 100% pointless - no point value, no sappers - makes gameplay very wierd.
    I had some games where a keep would be destroyed, and it wasn't necessarily in 100% one-sided stomps. Just recently I had a comeback where we pushed fort + keep and won the game with last cart. It's true that it's hard to push on the map, but not every map needs strong mercs for pushing. Hanamura is just more teamfight oriented, which I think is good and in line with OW design.

The issue the map has is that it's almost impossible to have a comeback if your team fails early game and carts get delayed too much, then you pretty much need some 5 minutes of complete domination in order to make it work. I think the boss could also use some tuning, it's too strong currently, which makes it totally unattractive for either team to attempt. If you're stomping the opponent, you're better off pushing the forts and getting payloads ASAP, if you're losing and get a lucky ace, you're still better off pushing and maybe getting the boss if you have enough time, but it almost never happens. As it is, the boss is an invitation for allowing a comeback for the winning team.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-08-09 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should take it as well Blackheart Bay.

About the only thing I enjoyed about Hanamura was that camps gave power ups and the boss felt really good.

On the dislike spectrum:
    • I hated the objective mechanics - I think a single payload in a push/pull style with reduced distance length would better serve. The idea that you all group to a central location for a team fight that's designed to last a minute or two, the difference in players of a team near the point pushes the payload for the team with a majority.
    • The combination of bribe and xp gains is too strong. One or the other should go and it's probably bribe, at the very least Bribe should not work on the single healer camp.
    • There needs to be a sudden death mechanic in any map where the core is invulnerable - the sappers were one method of this, but they had issues in visibility and felt bad in my opinion. I think the sappers could suffice, but perhaps there are better methods I can't think of.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ♫♫♫Celebrate Good Times... Come on!!!♫♫♫

Great news the most unbalanced, unenjoyable and biased map in the game's history, should have been a brawl not a regular map, it made original haunted mines with a sylv look perfectly balanced by comparison lol.

Deleted
    I like(d?) it too. But I like BoE and HM as well so I'm considered a weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They should have taken Garden of Terror with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    They should take it as well Blackheart Bay.

And I'd say they should take Tower of Doom with Hanamura? Or Haunted Mines? Infernal Shrines? BoE? Bla bla bla..

Bullshiting guys. The maps are still still better than other MOBA games - just learn and adapt.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    On the dislike spectrum:
    • I hated the objective mechanics - I think a single payload in a push/pull style with reduced distance length would better serve. The idea that you all group to a central location for a team fight that's designed to last a minute or two, the difference in players of a team near the point pushes the payload for the team with a majority.
    • The combination of bribe and xp gains is too strong. One or the other should go and it's probably bribe, at the very least Bribe should not work on the single healer camp.
    • There needs to be a sudden death mechanic in any map where the core is invulnerable - the sappers were one method of this, but they had issues in visibility and felt bad in my opinion. I think the sappers could suffice, but perhaps there are better methods I can't think of.
    Hmmm. I really liked that the objectives left open several sane approaches of doing things: teamfight, bribe, almost any splits between push and defend/soak. Unlike Warhead which in wood league just becomes a chaotic mess in 95% of games and Mines where - at least fully - commiting to the objective seems to be an almost always inferior strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, payload can be a fucking nightmare in OW itself. Putting it in HotS actually managed to take a hit-and-miss mode and make it even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this map, but it's too "on rails" - lane > mercs > carts > lane > mercs > carts... every game is just the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It needs adjustment, but I don't hate it. Hopefully the camps will be changed.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I liked it, but I guess Blizzard overestimated their player base and it's ability to adjust.

Anyway, if majority didn't like Hanamura, it's only fair to remove it until it's more streamlined. I'm just afraid it will take the route of Haunted Mines, and as a result of rework we will get a more boring version of the same map.

And Azmodan being OP on Hanamura is pretty much only Quick Match/low ELO thing. Higher level players know how to counter him on that map, and believe me, you can completely shut him up (in regards to his split push). True power creep on Hanamura was connected to Bribe heroes imo (Falstad, BW).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I liked it, but I guess Blizzard overestimated their player base and it's ability to adjust.
    I generally don't like bashing players - a game developer's job is mostly entertaining your customers, not training or conditioning them - but this is spot on. I've never seen so many people failing to grasp the basics of a map like on Hanamura. Worst of many examples was the other four guys on my team setting up a 'gank' around the enemies payload spawn. However the other team didn't consist of lobotomized monkeys, just kept soaking and pushing and extended their lead from half a level to two. I insulted my team for what should have been worth half a year of silence but nothing ever came...