Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    (thought that shit was out of arena now?)
    I believe they just reduced it's chance of showing up in a draft by 50% ... though I have played maybe 10 arena runs since that nerf and almost always see it show up (sometimes twice) and almost always see my opponent play it. Small sample size, I know, but damn...

I had a rather crappy shaman deck in arena this week, managed to get to 4-1 with a few very close matches but then lost twice to opponents who kept topdecking the card they need every single turn. But whats more infuriating to me is that I have yet to draft a deck thats actually insane, and that while my opponents deck is so much crazier to me with endless Volcanoes, Spideredge Steeds, any priest AoE and so on. And that while my deck was mostly composed by bland neutral minions with a couple of good shaman cards (1 Hex, 1 Lightning Storm) but for the rest nothing that can shift the game around.

I think arena could be a lot more fun if the drafting was a lot more fair, and where they don't keep putting people against each other while 1 has a very shitty deck while the other has an insane deck. I like the free arenas they've been giving these weeks but arena in its current state is just very hard to like for me. There's actually very little skill involved (despite people saying it requires more skill than ranked), its a lot more about building a deck filled with quality cards where your lucky enough that the game is offering them to you.

Once they stop giving free arenas I'll probably not do them again. It feels to much of a risk to me to spend 150 gold where you put to much at risk of getting a shitty deck and end up with 0-3, not only wasting away your money but also your time.

Deleted
    It was actually a funny moment but i don't know where else to post this. Well, i guess it was bad because i lost.

Basically the enemy players started spaming emotes and BM'ing after knowing he was going to win.
    He needed 3 turns to win though.
    So i decided to let the time pass without doing anything the entire turn. 75 seconds each turn plus his play. I played random cards when needed for the turns to not pass fast
    The guy was so mindfucked that he said nothing in the end and i said "well played"

I was all like "i have all the time in the world baby, i'll go to the WC, i will alt-tab and check facebook, i'm here just to mess with you"

His reaction was priceless xD He said nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It was actually a funny moment but i don't know where else to post this. Well, i guess it was bad because i lost.

Basically the enemy players started spaming emotes and BM'ing after knowing he was going to win.
    He needed 3 turns to win though.
    So i decided to let the time pass without doing anything the entire turn. 75 seconds each turn plus his play. I played random cards when needed for the turns to not pass fast
    The guy was so mindfucked that he said nothing in the end and i said "well played"

I was all like "i have all the time in the world baby, i'll go to the WC, i will alt-tab and check facebook, i'm here just to mess with you"

Or he just did the same as you, wasted time on your part regardless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Or he just did the same as you, wasted time on your part regardless
    I went to the WC and was altabed the entire time.

When i heard the rope burning i checked the game and he was all like "shall i do to him what he is doing with me and waste more time?"
    He thought about that for a while....and he gave up and attacked immediately without saying a word

It was priceless, he was compeltely mindfucked You should have seen his reaction. The silence at the end only made it more funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I kinda already know you're crazy from a certain other thread, but don't you think you're reading too much into this? The absence of using emotes is a reaction? I mean, it's a game of Hearthstone lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I kinda already know you're crazy from a certain other thread, but don't you think you're reading too much into this? The absence of using emotes is a reaction? I mean, it's a game of Hearthstone lol.
    He was spamming emotes though and BM'ing after every play when he knew he was going to win.
    He just wouldn't shatup.

And at the end of those 5min of me trolling him...he said nothing.

I don't know, call me crazy, it was funny as hell xDD

But the best part of it all was the moment he started thinking if he should do the same to me and waste more time or just finish the game.
    He attacked with a 1 attack minion....waited 2 seconds....and finished.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-08-07 at 02:26 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how Blizzard completely ignores how broken Pirate Warrior is. Oh hey, let's nerf one card into the ground but completely ignore how broken other decks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I love how Blizzard completely ignores how broken Pirate Warrior is. Oh hey, let's nerf one card into the ground but completely ignore how broken other decks are.
    They are testing out Lifesteal, among releasing more anti-aggro cards for the next set. No point in releasing a new mechanic if the only threatening aggro deck is nerfed into the ground, resulting in most games being control mirrors where life total matters less.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    RNG Giveth and RNG Taketh away.
    Hence why MtG is a far better game. That and declare blockers so you can't just mongo and keep hitting face with 0 regard for what your opponent has on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    They are testing out Lifesteal, among releasing more anti-aggro cards for the next set. No point in releasing a new mechanic if the only threatening aggro deck is nerfed into the ground, resulting in most games being control mirrors where life total matters less.
    They really just need more board clear if they're going to keep taunt and thing and not just go to declare blockers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Does everyone take an Ambien before playing this game? Everybody. plays. so. bloody. slow.
    I hate the people who literally have to touch every card in their hand, mouse over my stuff, mouse over both hero powers, and then finally play what they're going to every single turn. Like are they that special that they can't remember what every card does? I mean I am pretty sure I recall the entire upcoming expansion's cards already by picture and everything that is out currently has been out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They really just need more board clear if they're going to keep taunt and thing and not just go to declare blockers.
    They have made more board clears, they even nerfed a wild card & potentially killed a fun non-tier 1 deck (depending on how the card will interact with other cards when the nerf is live) just to release said board clear on the 10th.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate the people who literally have to touch every card in their hand, mouse over my stuff, mouse over both hero powers, and then finally play what they're going to every single turn. Like are they that special that they can't remember what every card does? I mean I am pretty sure I recall the entire upcoming expansion's cards already by picture and everything that is out currently has been out for a while.
    It's the Hearthstone equivalent of thinking aloud. I usually mouse over what I'm thinking about attacking with to help me keep track of attack/HP value counts, as well as contemplate and plan for future turns (eg "this minion has five health left, I can trade with this one but it's then in danger of Swipe" etc) because nothing sucks more than misplaying because you went too fast.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    They have made more board clears, they even nerfed a wild card & potentially killed a fun non-tier 1 deck (depending on how the card will interact with other cards when the nerf is live) just to release said board clear on the 10th.
    There aren't nearly enough. The punishment for pretty much dropping everything from your hand with no regard is almost non existent in Hearthstone. If anything things like Holy Nova need to be reduced in cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's the Hearthstone equivalent of thinking aloud. I usually mouse over what I'm thinking about attacking with to help me keep track of attack/HP value counts, as well as contemplate and plan for future turns (eg "this minion has five health left, I can trade with this one but it's then in danger of Swipe" etc) because nothing sucks more than misplaying because you went too fast.
    There is not even that much to think about 99% of the time. You can easily plan your turns during the other player's turn and adjust if they do something you didn't expect.

There aren't nearly enough. The punishment for pretty much dropping everything from your hand with no regard is almost non existent in Hearthstone. If anything things like Holy Nova need to be reduced in cost.

- - - Updated - - -

There is not even that much to think about 99% of the time. You can easily plan your turns during the other player's turn and adjust if they do something you didn't expect.
    There is more than enough board clears in the game so far for most classes (though classes like rogue I feel is a glaring exception). A blunder that team 5 makes is that they keep rotating out the board clears that are effective against aggro plays. If they kept them around then aggro would be less effective.

Although, an even better solution would be to stop printing so many powerful 1 & 2 drops. That in and off itself would drastically solve the flood of aggro problem that plagues ladder. You wouldn't even need any other change or nerf. Not saying I would never want to see aggro get thrown a 1 or 2 drop bone now and then (since aggro is needed to counteract combo decks), but severely cut down on what the decks can do in the first 2 turns.

In regards to not having to think deeply about your turns I would agree in most cases, but as someone who plays combo decks frequently I wholeheartedly disagree that you can easily plan most of your turns in most situations. Against aggro you have to decide on a near turn by turn basis if it is even worth trying to win using your combo, and against midrange and some control you may even have to figure out if you can pull of a win with only part of the combo, meanwhile deciding how to sacrifice certain pieces (if the combo can afford to do so) to stay alive and use what is left to win later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do plan during my opponent's turn. I also plan during MY turn, because you need to adjust your plan every single time the board state changes

Eg if I'm against a paladin on turn 7, I use that time to plan for my turn 8. I then play cards expecting, as one example outcome, Tirion on turn 8. Then say he doesn't play Tirion. I use his turn watching his plays and thinking how to answer it, then use my turn 8 to think about turn 9 etc etc

There's no need to rush it. Heaps of misplays happen because you go too quickly, especially missing lethal. Gotta think in order of importance:
    (A) can I win outright this turn
    (B) am I going to lose next turn
    (C) can I win outright NEXT turn
    (D) what response is his next turn likely to include
    (E) how do I get the most value and efficiency out of my board state

I've seen heaps of people so focussed on value trades that they don't realise they had lethal. You need to take time to evaluate all the possible outcomes before making your play
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I am pretty sure I recall the entire upcoming expansion's cards already by picture...
    Damn that's obsession right there I couldn't give you the name of a single one.

Not an actual match, but RNG.

I finally pulled a Caverns Below...golden too.

After they implemented the new algorithm for packs...

So not only am I stuck with now a less useful version of the quest, but I can't disenchant it for 3200 dust from the nerf.
    Oh well, guess I'll keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not an actual match, but RNG.

I finally pulled a Caverns Below...golden too.

After they implemented the new algorithm for packs...

So not only am I stuck with now a less useful version of the quest, but I can't disenchant it for 3200 dust from the nerf.
    Oh well, guess I'll keep it.
    Welcome to the dark side.

Just played my first arena of the expansion and went 2 wins/3 losses...

My deck had a dragonfire potion, holy nova and the new priest DK and i never saw any of those 3 cards in any of the 5 games.
    I wasn't lucky enough to get any other removal, only poor-mid quality minions.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, whoever at Blizzard thought Bear Shark wouldn't be OP is a fucking retard