Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Trades!

Rams get Sammy Watkins and 6th round pick, seems like an overpay since they gave up a corner and a 2nd rounder
    Eagles get CB Darby
    Bills get Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick

I like it for the Bills, they swap a corner and a receiver for a different corner and a receiver while picking up a 2nd and a 3rd and only giving up a 6th
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It is kind of a weird move for the Bills unless they just wanted draft picks because Darby is better than Gaines by a decent amount and still had a year before his contract was up. Basically swapping Watkins for Matthews makes sense, they aren't going to give Watkins another contract and he has injury concerns. Plus side for Watkins is no more Rick Dennison too.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Bills cleaning house. That's 2 guys with potential they let go, in addition to those who already walked in the offseason (Gilmore, Gillislee and others). Players they get back do not have the same ceiling that those they let go have.

I'm going to assume this has more to do with the Bills wanting to instill their culture and getting rid of the old guard's toys (and possibly malcontents). I'm also assuming that this means the Bills are okay with not going anywhere this year and trying to build for the future.

In that regard they are doing really well (compared to say the Jets) cause they have a boatload of high end picks in stock. Bills could be making noise in a year or 2.
    It's definitely a culture shock around here for the new management to basically clean house. On its face, the Philly trade is fine (JMatthews and a 3rd for Darby), but the Watkins one is a bit of a head scratcher here in Buffalo. Obviously, we know Watkins wasn't going to be re-signed, but ultimately you're making the team not competitive this year. But then you signed Anquan Boldin earlier in the week - now it's looking like that move was more cover to fight back charges of tanking the season.

It's just depressing as a Bills fan because the playoff drought is 17 years, and this new management came in expressing they wanted to win in both the short term and long term, but it seems like they now think they can't win in the short term. It seems like very low incentive to support the team for the next few years as they rebuild and wait for Tom Brady to retire.

Here's what I'll say about the DV thing and Zeke Elliot. I've been a defense lawyer, for both men accused of DV, and battered women who've retaliated back. The DA not bringing charges means absolute shit-all, because DV is almost always a he-said/she-said case, and in this case, the he is a famous NFL player. I'd be surprised if there were criminal charges short of actual video evidence, like the Ray Rice case. Note very well that she isn't being charged with falsifying a police report, either, so for y'all to say "there's this evidence of her making it up!" you have to recognize that the DA also doesn't think there's enough to warrant charging her with that, and it's hypocritical to assume that evidence is real and the actual, physical bruises on her body and her story isn't. From a corporate NFL standpoint: they can't tolerate any hint of DV, after the Ray Rice thing. The NFL has enough shit on its plate right now with the brain injury stuff, they don't need the negative PR of going soft on potential DV. And they don't have a standard of evidence they have to meet. So they can literally do whatever they want, based on the faintest whiff of anything. It seems like all the anger comes from fans of the particular team. As someone who doesn't give a shit about the Cowboys, I say it's better for the NFL to not take the chance, and cover their bases.

So don't go pretending that lack of charges means nothing happened. Money, fame, and the very he-said/she-said nature of the crime are all factors here, and frankly, with all the DV I've seen in my life, I'm not willing to throw away a sworn statement by a woman saying she was beaten, because it's already hard enough for abused women to stand up to their abusers.

So Today we are going :

Titans to beat jets

Cowboys to beat LA

Arizona to beat Oakland..

Are pre season games treated seriously.
    Or are they just a muck around ?

10+ Year Old Account
    >tfw our 3rd string QB makes better plays than our starter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    So Today we are going :

Titans to beat jets

Cowboys to beat LA

Arizona to beat Oakland..

Are pre season games treated seriously.
    Or are they just a muck around ?
    Easier to watch if you're a fan of the team and want to see what the low-level players can do (and the rookies). Otherwise, meh. Like right now, Jets and Titans are playing, but really all I know is I wanna see some Derrick Henry.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    >tfw our 3rd string QB makes better plays than our starter

[video=youtube;KE7v5R_NJdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7v5R_NJdU[video]
    That's (was) my quarterback.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no Dak, still no Jaylon Smith, still no Switzer. I see no point in even paying attention to this game.

Bloody hell, now Alex Lewis is out for the season as well. WE must be bloody cursed or something this year. We have now lost Pitta, Tavon Young, Kenneth Dixon, Crockett Gilmore, Nico Siragusa, and now Lewis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Bloody hell, now Alex Lewis is out for the season as well. WE must be bloody cursed or something this year. We have now lost Pitta, Tavon Young, Kenneth Dixon, Crockett Gilmore, Nico Siragusa, and now Lewis.
    Are you even going to have a team by season start?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Are you even going to have a team by season start?
    Their defense would still be better than the Saints.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope special teams isn't a disaster again.

Forget who is going to win the Superbowl, the real competition this year is between the Chargers and Ravens for most players on IR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeeez the stubhub center where the Chargers are playing is so fuckin tiny.

On the plus side, the shittiest seat is still great, hmm Saints are here next week, tempting.
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-08-14 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "For the first time, owner Jim Irsay talks. Best case, Luck is ready week 1. Sounds like worst case is to miss a week or two"

And Colts also said they are rolling with back up Scott Tolzien cause a veteran would be "too expensive".

Never change Colts.

Basically giving up on the first 2 weeks of the season cause they didn't have a back up plan if Luck didn't make Week 1. If Luck's out and they lose those games, then Ballard basically screwed up his first year. I expected more from him.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how many of the Seattle defensive starters are actually playing right now, but that was a pretty drive by the Chargers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers appear to be playing all their starters, at least for that first drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and then its time for Russell to scramble and scare the shit out of everybody

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and then its time for Russell to scramble and scare the shit out of everybody
    Being reminded that Blair Walsh is your kicker was scarier to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kellen Clemens still isn't any good, glad we could find that out, lets see Cardale Jones already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kellen Clemens still isn't any good, glad we could find that out, lets see Cardale Jones already.
    I had to check the time stamp on your post to see at which point during his blunder filled evening you had made it.

I think we all know now why the Chargers brought in Cardale. He can't possibly be worse than this and if Rivers somehow gets injured they'd be picking first in the draft with Clemens.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The NFL never wanted a situation like the Ray Rice thing again. And they are completely right in not wanting one. Domestic Violence should be stamped out everywhere. If that means the league hits players who commit it 6 games, then so be it. I'd rather have players get removed from the game if they commit Domestic Violence then them getting 10 games or a year suspension over using Marijuana.

League punishment is just harsh by default. That was the whole thing Goodell got hired on and why he went after the Patriots so hard with Spygate. He's been like this all the time.

Not to call you out on it, but you are upset with the league not cause it's harsh, but because it's YOUR player this time that gets hit by it and not Martavius Bryant, Tom Brady or Josh Gordon or the guys that got hit on the Saints.

The league has just always gone overboard with harsh punishment and this is just the next in a long line of them. It's always been like this and given that Goodell has now gone after popular players on 2 of the most important teams with 2 of the most influential owners should tell you that he likely has support around the league (read: owners) to do what he is doing.

I don't think anything will change, boycott or not.
    So first, Martavius Bryant was a repeat offender, as was Gordan.

Second, like Brady, this punishment was more about "getting it right" to appease the court of public opinion than it was doing the right thing.

I saw who was on this "panel". It's a joke. This whole thing is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Cutler was under served in Chicago. He did his part to shit the bed, sure. But dude rarely had solid players around him and an O-line that was non-existent for a long time.
    Matt forte?

Brandon Marshall?

Alshon Jeffery?

I think he went underapperciated in Chicago, but come on

- - - Updated - - -
    @I Push Buttons.

Read opition won't work in the regular season, but I was pleasently surprised with Driskels play. If he keeps up, the bengals should lower their asking price for McCarron.

Joe mixon is the next Laveon Bell. You heard it here first. Jawbreaker will do big things. Cincy will let Jeremy Hill walk in free agency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Sorry to hear man.

If it makes you feel better, your pass rush will have a field day since we replaced Andrew Whitworth--future hall of famer--with Cedric Ogbooty--one of the worst OTs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Matt forte?

Brandon Marshall?

Alshon Jeffery?
    Forte was one man. Marshall was half-in/half-out perennially and Jeffery is pretty overrated. As evident by him having to bet on himself this year after no one would offer Alshon what he thought he was worth.

Cutler rarely had an O-Line that gave him leeway or time. The Bears have had a poor O-Line for a long time- injuries, old players. bad players, etc.

Cutler took way more sacks than he ever should have taken. I guess Luck knows that feeling too.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Forte was one man. Marshall was half-in/half-out perennially and Jeffery is pretty overrated. As evident by him having to bet on himself this year after no one would offer Alshon what he thought he was worth.

Cutler rarely had an O-Line that gave him leeway or time. The Bears have had a poor O-Line for a long time- injuries, old players. bad players, etc.

Cutler took way more sacks than he ever should have taken. I guess Luck knows that feeling too.
    Jeffery is overrated as a no. 1 target. He's great at the boundry/ no 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a good chance Lacy and Kearse doesn't make the 53 man if the players that stood out continue to do so.