Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want the WoW expansion to be leaked? I don't

Let's just assume "Dark Side of Veiled Shadows" is the real next Expansion. I'm ok with knowing the title, some zones and who's the major threat but besides that, I couldnt care less.

Even if the expansion would be announced and beta keys would be sent out, I wouldnt even play it, because of spoilers. I remember sitting 30 August.16 and playing until 4 o'clock in the morning. I didn't even know what to do, what to get, what quests are important and so on. That was nice.

But, without blowing this topic up, I just don't care about the leaks etc. I'm hyped for sure and I play this game alot (27k acm points, 360 mounts etc), but right now, I just feel fine not playing much, being casual and being relaxed for the new official infos.

How about you?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anybody wants things spoiled to them, honestly.

And if you say "actually, yes I do" then next WoW expansion is clearly not the thing you have in your mind that you do not want spoiled to you.

I remember the Chinese leaks last year in regards to Legion. They weren't direct leaks, rather, indirect references to the game. Things like:

"black gate was just a set back" and that was in regards to Gul'dan being a major player in the 1st half of Legion.

I'd rather those kind of "leaks" to get the speculation into maximum overdrive.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think you would have a better time simply making the thread

"do you look at spoilers/play beta/ptr"
    because that is more relatable then trying to make this about a fake leak...

I do like to know stuff ahead of time so when it comes i can be most efficient, but i do also miss having everything be brand new, i do miss the feeling of wonder, but you also lose that with age and such
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The one to be, no. I want Blizzard to 'leak' thousands of fake details.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Like FunctionalSTR mentioned, if a leak happens I want it to be super teasey and not just an outright leak.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I hate leaks. Still have to read through them, as they are fake as fuck always. Except the one old ass expansion list leaked from vanilla was pretty accurate all the way to MOP or so, considering how much their ideas and goals changed in all those years.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i think you would have a better time simply making the thread

"do you look at spoilers/play beta/ptr"
    because that is more relatable then trying to make this about a fake leak...

I do like to know stuff ahead of time so when it comes i can be most efficient, but i do also miss having everything be brand new, i do miss the feeling of wonder, but you also lose that with age and such
    you loose that when they give out beta keys to every streamer in the world and don't put an NDA on the content. legion was being streamed raids were being cleared 6 months before the actual release date. so legion felt stale from day 1.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizzard hinted a lot things about new expac and every "leak" is based on it. Blizzard is getting better and better with expansion reveals, so since Legion had no serious leaks (only hints from person that knew about it), I don't believe name or features for 8.0 were leaked.

Although I will be happy if it will match my predictions that I made year ago (The Black Empire; Kezan, Tel Abim, Zandalar, Plunder Isle for levelling; Kul Tiras max level zone; Nazjatar, Nyalotha - patch zones; tiers Zul (Zandalar) -> Jaina (Kul Tiras) -> Azshara (Nazjatar) -> N'Zoth (Nyalotha). It would make expansion with even greater potential than Legion.

The ultimate dream would be no beta at all. They just open the new world on release date and we all go in to the unknown.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    you loose that when they give out beta keys to every streamer in the world and don't put an NDA on the content. legion was being streamed raids were being cleared 6 months before the actual release date. so legion felt stale from day 1.
    sorta, but you also lose it as you get used to gaming, as you get older. cause you go "oh a cave, probebly gunna have a rare mob, a chest, or a quest at the end of it"
    but back when you were a child or new to gaming it was "OMFG Whats gunna be in this cave, i gotta explore it! Its prob gunna be filled with gold and rare monsters and i will be rich!" then you grow up and sorta start being able to guess what will be where.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    The ultimate dream would be no beta at all. They just open the new world on release date and we all go in to the unknown.
    What? No beta? You want to play untested shit where game crashes every 5 minutes?

Has an expansion ever been truly leaked?

Well, I don't really care about them this time around. I'm waiting for the real announcement - you know, with actual details of the new systems & changes, some videos, screenshots, concept art, etc. That's the stuff that gets me excited. A wall of text that is most likely made up anyway doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like you were confusing with the word "leaked" with the simple "alpha/beta" process.

leaked is the general info (features) discovered or made public before its actual unveil.

while most of the info you are concerned about as spoilers will happen in an official capacity during the alpha/beta process because of sites like this and streamers, and in smaller part, the testers.

so do i care that the beta happens? not really. sometimes i actually enjoy getting a glimpse of what is to come. thats due largely in part to theme and content.

i was very excited for MoP and wanted to see it all, while WoD was super shit and i didnt care about it. Legion was 50/50, it had parts i was interested in and parts i wanted to ignore.

fake leaks are something else entirely, and are never amusing or clever. yes "leaks" should be deleted threads outright.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-08-13 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Nope. I hate leaks. Still have to read through them, as they are fake as fuck always. Except the one old ass expansion list leaked from vanilla was pretty accurate all the way to MOP or so, considering how much their ideas and goals changed in all those years.
    That's because it was actually leaked about when Wrath was announced but was purported to have originated during the original Alpha. That's why it was "accurate" through Wrath and then totally and completely off-base thereafter.

Honestly. I don't mind. Spoilers have never really bothered me.

Can understand those who are though and only advice I can offer is don't visit this site. I know it's not the best solution but it is primarily a WoW fansite.

I'd like to see hints and small info, but not a whole leak with title, plot and everything that will be in the expansion site.

The next expansion must be leaked before announcement.

It is traditional.

I don't mind knowing the title, just the title and 2-3 of the new features. Like, at Gamescom, Hazzikostas enters the scene and reveals the name of the new expansion + 2-3 of the new things and then - see ya at Blizzcon for more info.

id love some small details leaked, and btw, basically blizzard themselves have leaked some 8.0 stuff already.