Deleted

All Discipline Priest - Tomb of Sargeras Normal!

Hi All,

We are currently gathering info, to see who wants to take part in the inaugural 100% disc priest raid of ToS.
    We will be having raids for NA, EU, Ally and Horde!
    The signup sheet is here: Survey Monkey Signup Sheet

We have over 100 registrants so far, so we will be kicking off scheduling soon. We aim to have about 30 people per raid so that we can cope with having some drop outs.

If you are interested in leading or streaming one of the raids, jump onto the H2P or Focused Will discords and PM me, my user ID is Draugarth#9056. We currently need RLs for Alliance EU and Horde NA

FAQ:
    Q: Will there be any tanks?
    A: Yes. Disc priest tanks.

Q: How will you not die to boss melee?
    A: Smite absorb + Atonement damage reduction (2% per atonement) + Focused Will passive + Armour = a lot of mitigation

Q: What about immunities?
    A: 20 power word shields = 13.5m absorb. That should do it

Q: What about interupts for maiden?
    A: Good question, im glad i asked. For maiden, alliance will likely need a 1 shadow priest. Horde can use Belf, or if that doesnt work, someone can go shadow

Q: What about DPS checks?
    A: with the right spec, a disc priest at 920 ilvl can pull 600k dps. If we hit enrages, we will see how long we can just bubble through them

Q: When is the raid likely to be?
    A: Within the next week or so. We are still gathering information so that we can schedule accordingly.

I wish I could go to this but Priest is the only class I dont have at 110. xP
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

You're going to be 1 shot by most tank mechanics, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    You're going to be 1 shot by most tank mechanics, but whatever.
    With 13 million absorbs, why do you think that would be ?

Wonder how mistress will be managed, the debuff swap. Alliance can cheat somewhat with Shadowmeld. No CR makes this more fun though. :P

The biggest obstacle imo is the lack of any taunts, so the biggest dpsers/healers are going to pull aggro. Even if this can be handled through smite mitigation on the boss, adds cannot be easily mitigated. So adds, even on normal, should wreck the group, further exacerbated by Disc's lack of AoE damage to handle them. Following this logic, the group should make it till Harjatan.

The "20 power word shields" only works when you know who has aggro. When the aggroed dies or panicking, hits Fade, it quickly becomes a clusterfuck and a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    The biggest obstacle imo is the lack of any taunts, so the biggest dpsers/healers are going to pull aggro. Even if this can be handled through smite mitigation on the boss, adds cannot be easily mitigated. So adds, even on normal, should wreck the group, further exacerbated by Disc's lack of AoE damage to handle them. Following this logic, the group should make it till Harjatan.

The "20 power word shields" only works when you know who has aggro. When the aggroed dies or panicking, hits Fade, it quickly becomes a clusterfuck and a wipe.
    It's pretty easy to assume who would have aggro: you'd have someone running Schism+Masochism and stacking DPS stats (crit,vers,haste) and likely be the highest geared person in the raid. Keeping aggro wouldn't be an issue, imo. Also, if that person was assigned to maintaining aggro, why the hell would they hit Fade? It should be off that persons bars if he/she is "tanking".

Also, keep in mind, this is Normal mode. Even if the tank mechanic couldn't be swapped on Mistress, you could probably just as easily survive outhealing the AoE... you have 20 Disc Priests.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post

Ehhh, we're talking 40%+ DR from Atonement alone, plus the constant smite absorb going out. Even if aggro bounces around a little, there will be plenty of time to react I think. Pain Suppression, Barrier, constant burst healing, I think it could work for most bosses pretty well on normal.

Now that I think about it, taunt swap mechanics would require some coordination, but you could definitely have everyone except the "tank" that needs aggro fade at the same time.