Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trudat View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    I wasnt using much DS simply because i was under the impression that its only for 3+ targets.
    I will get my goroth log up. Thanks again for replying.
    Actually, if you can hit at least 2 targets with DS, it's better than using TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evilpresence View Post
    Looking for some tips on Heroic Fallen Avatar (I pug). I have both rings, cloak and belt. Typically use Chain and Liadrin's. Pot at the start and use Specter next to Avatar (and on CD unless running out). Lust is normally kicked off at start or a few seconds later. I wait until about 3 seconds to run out using my pony and then pony back to the boss for minimal down time. I run my unbound chaos in a circle or strafe the boss to make sure I'm constantly DPS'ing. Just to get up to the 50th percentile I'd need to do about 100K more DPS... I have currently 37 wipes and 2 kills - below are 15 logs (oldest to newest).

Four attempts
    reports/3aZwy6LhQCcrxk4B#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4&wipes=1

Seven attempts
    reports/n64pW7zHK1GFXfqJ#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4

Four attempts with 4piece and 2piece (try something new last night!)
    reports/4GJqpL1tkc8y3zvn/#view=analytical&boss=2038&difficulty=4&wipes=1
    Hi, I haven't yet be able to try this fight on heroic mode, but...
    You should take a look on top ret paladins for this fight and look at what they do differently.
    As I told to Trudat, using DS does more DPS than TV from 2 targets or more.

Top retri constantly use DS on Avatar and Maiden. For most of them, DS is their 1st source of damage.
    Try it, I'm pretty sure you'll do way more than 100k DPS more.

Deleted
    I wasnt using much DS simply because i was under the impression that its only for 3+ targets.
    Actually, it's better to use DS than TV if you can hit 2 targets or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking for some tips on Heroic Fallen Avatar (I pug). I have both rings, cloak and belt. Typically use Chain and Liadrin's. Pot at the start and use Specter next to Avatar (and on CD unless running out). Lust is normally kicked off at start or a few seconds later. I wait until about 3 seconds to run out using my pony and then pony back to the boss for minimal down time. I run my unbound chaos in a circle or strafe the boss to make sure I'm constantly DPS'ing. Just to get up to the 50th percentile I'd need to do about 100K more DPS... I have currently 37 wipes and 2 kills - below are 15 logs (oldest to newest).

Four attempts

Seven attempts

You should take a look on top ret paladins for this fight and look at what they do differently.
    As I told to Trudat, using DS does more DPS than TV from 2 targets or more.

Top retri constantly use DS on Avatar and Maiden. For most of them, DS is their 1st source of damage.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Four attempts

Seven attempts

As I told to Trudat, using DS does more DPS than TV from 2 targets.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Four attempts

Seven attempts

Deleted

Four attempts

Seven attempts

Judging from your kill (the seven attempts link):

1. You didnt use 2nd old war pot
    2. You didnt get advantage of shield of vengeance, you could pop in when soaking the melee pool for additional damage
    3. Use 375 haste food, not 300
    4. You didnt get additional crusade near the end which means you didnt use it on cd
    5. You used vial on pull without any crusade stacks, use it when you're at 15
    6. Use arcane torrent if you are a blood elf
    7. And last but not the least you wasted WAY too much holy power, like 1/6 of what you generated. You should really improve that part and it's probably what caused the low parse in the end.

Also, you don't need to cleave maiden and avatar all the time, you can do that during cleansing protocol but certainly not the entire fight as its not a real benefit for your group... orange parses are absolutely achievable without cleaving

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shollen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Using DS on Fallen Avatar is just cheese. It's not effective DPS unless you're hitting Maiden's shield and there's no danger of not breaking it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Using DS on Fallen Avatar is just cheese. It's not effective DPS unless you're hitting Maiden's shield and there's no danger of not breaking it in time.
    I feel better with you saying this because we specifically tank her where we don't/can't cleave and I don't DS just in case we don't get the shield down -- not worth risking the wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Crendash View Post
    Judging from your kill (the seven attempts link):

1. You didnt use 2nd old war pot - I always pot twice unless someone pulls early
    2. You didnt get advantage of shield of vengeance, you could pop in when soaking the melee pool for additional damage - Will start doing this
    3. Use 375 haste food, not 300 - Easy fix
    4. You didnt get additional crusade near the end which means you didnt use it on cd -
    5. You used vial on pull without any crusade stacks, use it when you're at 15 - Thank you for the advice
    6. Use arcane torrent if you are a blood elf - Thank you for the advice, rarely have a holy power issue but this will help
    7. And last but not the least you wasted WAY too much holy power, like 1/6 of what you generated. You should really improve that part and it's probably what caused the low parse in the end. - See below

Also, you don't need to cleave maiden and avatar all the time, you can do that during cleansing protocol but certainly not the entire fight as its not a real benefit for your group... orange parses are absolutely achievable without cleaving

Good luck
    Thank you very much for the feedback! I've made some notes above in red and tried them out yesterday which until it was "wipe time" my DPS improved a bit. Going through logs, how do I see when I waste holy power?

Two reports from last night's wipes.
    reports/ZCxXNwaYPfvV3dt2#view=analytical&type=summary
    reports/WhaAKqnMdfzQHR9c#type=damage-done&fight=1

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the feedback! I've made some notes above in red and tried them out yesterday which until it was "wipe time" my DPS improved a bit. Going through logs, how do I see when I waste holy power?

Two reports from last night's wipes.
    reports/ZCxXNwaYPfvV3dt2#view=analytical&type=summary
    reports/WhaAKqnMdfzQHR9c#type=damage-done&fight=1
    Resources -> Holy Power

Quote Originally Posted by Crendash View Post
    Resources -> Holy Power

Ooooofff. Thank you for the insight.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I would like ask about some advices about hc boss fights. Here's my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=dps&compare=1 I will apprecieate every advice but I am most interested in Sisters, Desolate, Goroth and Mistress. So far as I know for AOE boses (goroth,mistress and deso) I am supposed to use ring and belt legends. On rest I should use cloack/belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roszadok View Post
    Hi,
    I would like ask about some advices about hc boss fights. Here's my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=dps&compare=1 I will apprecieate every advice but I am most interested in Sisters, Desolate, Goroth and Mistress. So far as I know for AOE boses (goroth,mistress and deso) I am supposed to use ring and belt legends. On rest I should use cloack/belt.
    I didn't look at your logs (yet) but Liandrin's and Belt are simming higher for me than Cloak/Belt even on ST and AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Could I get some help on why I was so much worse than this other ret paladin in the raid? He was only a few ilvls higher than me, but he out dps'd me all night by such a large margin.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...17&source=2,18

Help me get better!
    You don't have Defiled Augment Rune on, you have half the uptime he has on Concordance (which you cannot control at all), he used Prolonged Power instead of Old War, he did 37 TVs you did 23, he has the Umbral Glaives trinket which is more reliable than Claw for actually hitting targets, and he has a bit higher Crusade uptime because he popped it earlier more often.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-08-24 at 12:27 PM.

So you would recommend prolonged power instead of old war? He did more TVs than me because he has the ring Leggo I imagine (I don't). And the crusade uptime is something I can work on.
    Prolonged Power is better for AOE, and I only pointed out the TVs because he did pretty much the exact number of Divine Storms you did lol. Soul is good for that fight.

Deleted
    So you would recommend prolonged power instead of old war? He did more TVs than me because he has the ring Leggo I imagine (I don't). And the crusade uptime is something I can work on.
    You dont waste much holy power which is good. It really boils down to:

1. You have 5 less ilvl
    2. He has 4p t20, you don't
    3. He has better legendaries while you have an utility legendary, hard to fix if u dont have an alternative

and..

4. I checked your armory. You have 41% mastery and thats our lowest valued stat... at least until tuesday

Deleted
    Hi all, since 7.2.5 i have all 3 AoW relics (915 holy and 925 fire) and now, in i found a 930 holy relic of BoJ damage. After the aow trait nerf, my new relic is now better then the 915 holy? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    Hi all, since 7.2.5 i have all 3 AoW relics (915 holy and 925 fire) and now, in i found a 930 holy relic of BoJ damage. After the aow trait nerf, my new relic is now better then the 915 holy? Thanks
    930 BoJ relic is clearly better than a 915 AW. I wouldn't know exactly if it were 5 ilvls apart but 15 is easily better. You may want to save relics for the Crucible's release though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    930 BoJ relic is clearly better than a 915 AW. I wouldn't know exactly if it were 5 ilvls apart but 15 is easily better. You may want to save relics for the Crucible's release though.
    It's not retroactive the Crucible "buff"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    It's not retroactive the Crucible "buff"?
    It is, but.. the one you replace gets destroyed, so you can't see if it would've been better or not. That's why I'm not slotting relics until next week.

Deleted
    You say that a 915 aw relic with the right crucible buff can be better then a 930 with a bad one? Seems legit