15+ Year Old Account
    Fate/Apocrypha 07 - Next episodes should be pretty hype. I'm excited to finally see Vlad in action. Hopefully A-1 doesn't make it look like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    yeah I felt I missed something somewhere, but it fell into "maybe I just forgot the end of the last season"
    It's really only the last two episodes that matter, but the entire thing is worth the watch. The Oshino episode alone it top tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Fate/Apocrypha 07 - Next episodes should be pretty hype. I'm excited to finally see Vlad in action. Hopefully A-1 doesn't make it look like shit.
    So I kinda burned through all my SQ trying to get Claws, Phoenix Feathers, and Caster Monuments.

I still need 8 more caster monuments, 1 more feather, and 2 more claws before I can final ascension my Heracles and Waver. ;-; Still haven't fully decided which to grail, but I'm leaning towards my Waver. Mainly because it's easier to get a feather and 8 monuments than it is 2 claws (spent over 1k AP the other day trying to get claws and didn't get a single one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's really only the last two episodes that matter, but the entire thing is worth the watch. The Oshino episode alone it top tier.
    Oh yeah I'm watching them all today...on 5 atm
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    So I kinda burned through all my SQ trying to get Claws, Phoenix Feathers, and Caster Monuments.

I still need 8 more caster monuments, 1 more feather, and 2 more claws before I can final ascension my Heracles and Waver. ;-; Still haven't fully decided which to grail, but I'm leaning towards my Waver. Mainly because it's easier to get a feather and 8 monuments than it is 2 claws (spent over 1k AP the other day trying to get claws and didn't get a single one).
    imo you shouldn't grail Waver. Since he's a support he doesn't benefit from the extra attack/health as much as most Servants would.

Really though, grails are really limited compared to other resources so you should use them for your absolute favourites. 90->100 in particular is costly for what it gives you, and isn't entirely worth it for gameplay reasons. I used most of my grails on bringing Marie & her swimsuit version to 100 purely because she is my queen. This time I might just grail her to 90 and spread my other grails on other Servants I like.

That said, if you like Waver and Heracles a lot, there's nothing wrong with it. A level 100 Heracles with his Bond CE is the definition of a monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo you shouldn't grail Waver. Since he's a support he doesn't benefit from the extra attack/health as much as most Servants would.

Really though, grails are really limited compared to other resources so you should use them for your absolute favourites. 90->100 in particular is costly for what it gives you, and isn't entirely worth it for gameplay reasons. I used most of my grails on bringing Marie & her swimsuit version to 100 purely because she is my queen. This time I might just grail her to 90 and spread my other grails on other Servants I like.

That said, if you like Waver and Heracles a lot, there's nothing wrong with it. A level 100 Heracles with his Bond CE is the definition of a monster.
    Hmm, I might grail Heracles then, because I do want a beast servant like that, and then I might save others I get (depending on how fast/when they come) for Mordred.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have something non-Fate related!

How Netflix Is Globalizing Anime
    to quote myself from 3 minutes ago: "fuck netflix"

So i asked a girl if she wanted to go see Your Name, hopefully she can get the time off to see it with me.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I have to comment is Ougi is so creepy in her design, how she speaks...and other things...I know it's super late to even mention but it deserves it rofl
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So i asked a girl if she wanted to go see Your Name, hopefully she can get the time off to see it with me.
    if not you can always bring your daki

memes do come true. team four star will be doing the official dub of hells
    https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...92658022191105

Princess Lover!: 5/10. Kind of corny and cheesy. It's a par romance/harem/drama and I don't regret watching it. Charlotte is my pink dream.

15+ Year Old Account

My teammate left in Lucioball Competitive, and my other teammate followed when he didn't come back in time. Managed to hold them off for a minute and score a goal, winning the game.

I think I have peaked

How many episodes of Owarimonogatari s2 are there? I can only find 3. Guess I'm going with HS for subs since I don't recognize any of the groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    How many episodes of Owarimonogatari s2 are there? I can only find 3. Guess I'm going with HS for subs since I don't recognize any of the groups.
    3 episodes yeah, two 40 minute episodes and one 1 hour.

That whole scene was just amazing!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I hope she can; it's a fun movie to watch with somebody else.

p.s. subbed version, right?

Trails of cold steel 1 - I want to protect Towa's smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I hope she can; it's a fun movie to watch with somebody else.

p.s. subbed version, right?
    You know it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

You know it.
    I accidentally dubbed on Your Name.

Whoops.

Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan – Tsuioku-hen (Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal) – 7.5-8/10

Note: Trying an “off the cuff” format in which I focus less on a comprehensive summary of the series in favor of the big idea(s) that impressed me.

Despite Rurouni Kenshin being one of my introductory anime many years ago, I never got around to Samurai X. I didn’t watch it then because I was disturbed by its graphic violence, and later on when I became (regrettably) more jaded I never returned. Finding myself with some time, I decided to see what I missed out on years ago.

Samurai X reminded me how much I appreciated the candidness of Rurouni Kenshin’s message: violence is appalling, and inevitably begets more violence. Even if Kenshin is an admirable swordsman, it never loses sight of how terrible his path is. The fights are short and brutal where the goal is to murder the opponent and escape. Swords eviscerating torsos, piercing necks, and being driven like spikes through the throat and up out the skull are common moves. There is no honor, just blood in the dark.

Coupled with this is a simple appreciation of how idealism can go awry. Kenshin doesn’t descend into the chaos to become a hitman, to revel in killing. He does so because he feels acutely the suffering of the people. He himself was nearly slaughtered and was only saved by the grace of Seijiro Hiko; he wants to be that person to all of Japan now, protecting its people against the predations of the violent and powerful. It is only later when the fallout of his actions, the collateral suffering of the fallen, comes back to remind him of the true price.* It is similar to a Greek tragedy, where the great character of a man is what precipitates his inevitable fate, with the greatest falling all the harder.

However, there is a refreshing optimism despite this. Kenshin’s story doesn’t end in irredeemable failure. The monumental suffering brought on by his mistakes is palpable; he is scarred both inside and out by his actions. But he doesn’t succumb to evil, his passage through darkness serving to guide him in the future.

Kenshin is also not the only good person in this world. The women who protect him are compassionate, willing to use their own bodies to guard the future of an unknown child. Seijiro Hiko is a thoughtful and principled master. He may not have the bleeding heart Kenshin does, but he is wise in his own way. Even Tomoe can be viewed in a positive light. Her appreciation for Kenshin’s inherent kindness overcomes her hatred, even if it is late.*

This mixture of horror and hope is refreshing to me, as it is lacking in many anime. So often series seek to coddle their viewers, guarding them from unpleasantness. Even if the worst happens, it is mitigated, fixed in a final burst of magical goodness. Or, seeking to escape from this childlike safety, they plunge to the opposite extreme, sinking into faithless despondency. Kenshin’s story defies both of these extremes and offers more: a true story of redemption.

p.s. I tried to watch the Rurouni Kenshin anime after this out of nostalgia’s sake. I was…sorely disappointed one episode in. Better to leave that in the pleasant past.

10+ Year Old Account

My teammate left in Lucioball Competitive, and my other teammate followed when he didn't come back in time. Managed to hold them off for a minute and score a goal, winning the game.

I think I have peaked
    10/10 .