Dumb question on grimoire of sacrafice so apologies in advance

So do you get to retain any of the sacrificed pets any more?

this talent seems horrible now, who in their right mind would take it? or what am i missing?

would prefer to not have the pet sometimes just wondered if it has any merit.

I seem to be losing the pet dmg, the pet specials, and gaining a weak random proc.

Deleted
    they butchered it

don't bother with it

I wish it was still decent, i miss having an interrupt. Hell, I miss getting to pick my pet.

Depends on the spec. If you make big enough AoE pulls with Destro GoSac can win out damage wise. Naturally you lose more on single target/smaller packs.

For Affy it is even worse but silly anyhow to give up an interrupt/stun usually.

So yes I guess the main merit it has is not having to micromanage a pet.

Deleted
    It's class fantasy so they had to fix the way we play.

Too many people didn't wanna use garbage pet ai, so they had to completely ruin a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Too many people didn't wanna use garbage pet ai, so they had to completely ruin a talent.
    #classfantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    #classfantasy
    It's weird, Gul'dan doesn't have a pet... don't really see the other big warlock npcs with them either. Not to mention the "class fantasy" warlock would sacrifice his demon or anything else for more power.

It's weird, Gul'dan doesn't have a pet... don't really see the other big warlock npcs with them either. Not to mention the "class fantasy" warlock would sacrifice his demon or anything else for more power.
    He summons numerous demons during the fight.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you sacrificing demons is very warlocky.

My favorite warlock spec was Demo during Cata and MoP where you could have your Felguard/Wrathguard out with an army or Imps following you around. It just looked and felt so awesome. Demonology now has the fantasy part down with the demon army, but the game play is terrible.

Never liked GoSac game play wise because I like being a pet class...totally understand the fantasy behind it though as a warlock wouldn't think twice about sacrificing the pet to get more power.

they sadly forced us to play with a pet. hate the decision and rerolled till next expac and see what that brings for us locks

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    He summons numerous demons during the fight.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you sacrificing demons is very warlocky.
    Ya, it's a fair point. I agree with the warlock class being a summoning class, I just don't agree with them always being tethered to a pet. I also understand i'm playing a blizzard game so for years and years and i'm signing up for what they want warlocks to be, not myself.

It looks like it's good on 1 fight at least: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents

I don't know about any others in tos, maybe Mistress?

Ya, it's a fair point. I agree with the warlock class being a summoning class, I just don't agree with them always being tethered to a pet. I also understand i'm playing a blizzard game so for years and years and i'm signing up for what they want warlocks to be, not myself.
    Yeah, we're a summoning class...we summon demons, they're tools, not friends. Fel magic is about sacrifice, of ourselves and of others (life tap/ GoSac). Demon hunters seem to get around this in their game play however.... lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grimoire of Supremacy is currently the best Grimoire for every raiding encounter (approximately 4-5% better than Service on a single target).

Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice is a good option on 4+ targets. This is also a good option for Mythic+ farming.

Grimoire of Service Icon Grimoire of Service should only be used if you need a little extra burst to push a damage check.
    That's what icy veins has to say about that talent row for affliction.

For destro its recommended to take service as you lose a dps CD of infernal/doomguard unless you're leveling and then its ok to take supremacy & have your infernal as your tank. For demo its recommended service as well unless its a heavy cleave situation and then its recommended to take up synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That's what icy veins has to say about that talent row for affliction.

For destro its recommended to take service as you lose a dps CD of infernal/doomguard unless you're leveling and then its ok to take supremacy & have your infernal as your tank. For demo its recommended service as well unless its a heavy cleave situation and then its recommended to take up synergy.
    I wouldn't really put a whole lot of value in the Icy Veins guide. Lockonestopshop.com is much better.

Deleted
    It's a valid question, and its one of the worst talants in the game. Don't use it, don't use it for anything.