Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Ohh that is good. Wonder how Scourge works with death shroud traits.
    probably nothing special. I imagine dhumfire will just activate upon shade spawn
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

My only complaint with their implementation was that the system only flourishes when you have multiple elite specs for each profession, so it felt kind of awkward throughout HoT.

Otherwise I think it's a good idea, as long as they don't keep up the power creep that happened with introduction of the HoT elite specs.

I also sort of feel like they should have made the base-profession into an elite spec itself, but I'm not really sure how that would work out so eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    no they have gotten to the point where it checks other players in your group and determines their "dps" and now people want dps checks for fractals raids etc when people did those just fine without the meters but it has turned into the meter cancer where people kick people because of a meter
    sorry but never gotten into a "kick" from fractals for not dealing dps, and that's considering i do my daily challenge modes and everything.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    sorry but never gotten into a "kick" from fractals for not dealing dps, and that's considering i do my daily challenge modes and everything.
    Yes because if you don't experience it the problem doesn't exist

Guild chat video on elite specs: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBf1Q6gTnY

Really excited about Weaver and Deadeye. Firebrand looks interesting, but I dunno if I want to stop being a Dragonhunter
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a lot more excited about all the specs after watching guild chat. Even Firebrand.

Ele has me really excited. Live the melee builds for ele, hopefully I can come up with some sort of support/cele build for ele akin to an old d/d one i used to run.

Scourge looks really good based off visual effects alone.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I bet the reason why tomes for fire brand don't have the old effects is probably because they just straight up deleted them which was dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL that sounds like something Anet would do. I remember how long it took for all guardian shouts to be audible. All those flashy skills and cant give tomes something? Anything? Tomes turned out better than I thought though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Guild chat video on elite specs: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBf1Q6gTnY

Really excited about Weaver and Deadeye. Firebrand looks interesting, but I dunno if I want to stop being a Dragonhunter
    CHaracter Slots 30% off this Saturday...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    ROFL that sounds like something Anet would do. I remember how long it took for all guardian shouts to be audible. All those flashy skills and cant give tomes something? Anything? Tomes turned out better than I thought though.
    yea the pages seemed like a last resort sort of thing. Like Anet can't be that stupid to just not include the old animations unless they were that stupid and just deleted it.

Like soulbeast to me is so underwhelming because the "merge" animation is terrible. Literally a single vine spins around you. All the development went into mirage and weaver and scourge and that's bull shit

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    CHaracter Slots 30% off this Saturday...
    Aye, already making plans. But I don't think I play Guardian enough to justify having two of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Like soulbeast to me is so underwhelming because the "merge" animation is terrible. Literally a single vine spins around you. All the development went into mirage and weaver and scourge and that's bull shit
    Have you actually looked into Soulbeast? They've added 40+ new abilities. Granted, I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I wouldn't base the time investment on one animation.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Aye, already making plans. But I don't think I play Guardian enough to justify having two of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you actually looked into Soulbeast? They've added 40+ new abilities. Granted, I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I wouldn't base the time investment on one animation.
    I'm talking about visuals

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The seem as MEH as the HoT elites specs. Only one that looks ok is the Guardian one.

I'm talking about visuals
    Have you seen the visuals for the 40+ new abilities? Just curious

Have you seen the visuals for the 40+ new abilities? Just curious
    What are you talking about? The f1 and f2 skills come from existing pets the only thing they get is a f3 which there is only 5 because they put all the pets in 5 categories.

In total they have 14 new skills. weavers are the ones with 40+ skills which is where the development went and why beast mode , the defining skill, looks like ass just like guardians new tomes

What are you talking about? The f1 and f2 skills come from existing pets the only thing they get is a f3 which there is only 5 because they put all the pets in 5 categories.

In total they have 14 new skills. weavers are the ones with 40+ skills which is where the development went and why beast mode , the defining skill, looks like ass just like guardians new tomes
    They still needed to make the skills work with a humanoid model for SoulBeast with the animations. And since the F1 and F2 couldn't be control it is kind of like having new skills, they're not even on the same cooldown as they said and the effect/cd/etc are adjusted.

Well, two devs did 4 Especs each and one worked exclusively on Weaver. There is a little bias here that's for sure. But I like the BeastMode effect and all the new animations imo.

Didn't think (and still don't) the sniper was an inspired choice for the Thief but it does some crazy damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is cool idea overall, but no Elite Specialization in Path of Fire is making me "Holy f*ck, I want to play this!".

Most of the Specializations just seem to fill the missing spots. I understand it, but it feels lame to me.

Fucking really.... Log in to test them and first thing I see in map chat is someone spoiling the leaked GoT episode -,-

On topic though Scourge is interesting tbh. Gonna mess about with it some more.

Luckily I don't watch GoT (haven't done so for the past couple of years) but I would have been pissed if I did.

Anyway, going to test out each spec. Find out what I'd really like to play for the expansion (I've been an ele since beta, need to play something else)