13 years and STILL NOT 1V1'ing.

Hello guys i have something to discuss with you who like this game and everything about it.

13 years of WoW, every aspect of the game gained many features, and we, who love a simple 1v1 fight, a duel or a simple World pvp encounter, cannot make it happen on this current state of the game. Except for the people who make custom wargames. (Congratulations to Dalaran and Savix, who are posting awesome videos, with incridible 5v5 1v1 fights.)

13 years of WoW and we cannot have a simple 1v1 queue or a invited duel, inside some instance.

Then people come with the argument that the game is not balaced around 1v1 fights.

Yes, obviously. And this is a matter for not make this style of pvp ?? 2v2's 5v5's and Battleground are not perfectly balanced too!

Who wants to 1v1, wants to 1v1! It's simple!

We can have a variety of instaces for that (LoS arenas and Open field arenas) Every class can have nice results with a variety of maps to do that. It's simple to create, and we do not need a rating for this. We only want to duel with equal conditions.

A nice 5v5 1v1 queue would be good too.

The game would be revived for many many players.

I hope you that is reading it, help us posting on Blizzard Forums, and comment with ppl who like to pvp. Cause theres no reason to keep this out of this great game.

Thank you, peace!

[QUOTE=Ridgeback;47022809]Hello guys i have something to discuss with you who like this game and everything about it.

13 years of WoW, every aspect of the game gained many features, and we, who love a simple 1v1 fight, a duel or a simple World pvp encounter, cannot make it happen on this current state of the game. Except for the people who make custom wargames. (Congratulations to Dalaran and Savix, who are posting awesome videos, with incridible 5v5 1v1 fights.)

13 years of WoW and we cannot have a simple 1v1 queue or a invited duel, inside some instance.

Then people come with the argument that the game is not balaced around 1v1 fights.

Yes, obviously. And this is a matter for not make this style of pvp ?? 2v2's 5v5's and Battleground are not perfectly balanced too!

We can have a variety of instaces for that (LoS arenas and Open field arenas) Every class can have nice results with a variety of maps to do that. It's simple to create, and we do not need a rating for this. We only want to duel with equal conditions.

I hope you that is reading it, help us posting on Blizzard Forums, and comment with ppl who like to pvp. Cause theres no reason to keep this out of this great game.

I dont think 1v1 will happen cuz of balance issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Outside of orgrimar used to be a hub for 1v1. No idea if it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Outside of orgrimar used to be a hub for 1v1. No idea if it still is.
    Duels and world pvp are destroyed nowtimes, all we have are one hit fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    Hello guys i have something to discuss with you who like this game and everything about it.

Thank you, peace!
    Classes are simply too Imbalanced and not good at 1v1, not even In Legion's socalled "Perfect PvP stat template" which Is bs by the by. If you want a 1v1, just find a guy and duel him, Isn't It that easy? But skill can only go so far, class balance Is the ruler here.

Playing WoW for nearly 13 years like you, sure I liked to 1v1 something, but If you do battlegrounds thats obviously not the case, that's team based. I liked to 1v1 things as my warrior, as much as I could but not always would that work, It's very few games that can make skill the deciding factor In If you're good or not. WoW was never really good at that to begin with.

And you especially won't get "Balanced" equal Ish stats in Legion, since they took away the high end PvP gear which Is the biggest mistake they've made In PvPing since <Insert last mistake>, the pvp "high end" gear we have now Is nowhere near as powerful as the PvE gear you get willy nilly from world quests and mythic+ spamming, It's pointless and only there for transmogs, that's especially obvious since they made those old PvE sets Into transmogable PvP sets that drop for you just for the sake of you having "Something" to strive for.

I mean, It's not like we didn't solve this problem In WoD already... have your PvP gear scale up to 50+ more ilevel than the PvE gear, so you get a 820 pvp gear, but It scales to 900, and the top ilevel any normal PvEer or even raider can get will be 890 for example, so no PvE gear will ever be better than your PvP one. Simple, as, that. WoD solved that problem but Blizzard seems to have forgotten, that's one of the few good things WoD gave us.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    you think you want 1v1, but you dont
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    What the hell is 5v5 1v1?

It is soooooooo god damn pointless. Even when the game was highly balanced back in MoP some classes still absolutely curb stomped every other spec in the game with ease. My monk that I played for 2 weeks could 2v1 in arena consistantly up to around 1800 rating, yet my 2400 rating warrior couldn't 1v1 a decent WW monk or hunter in most cases.

Back in Cata literally all I did was duel while waiting for bg queues and on my hunter as MM i could - with ease, beat gladiator melee without them even touching me once.

1v1 has a skill ceiling that is an inch off of the skill floor. After that the duel is decided by spec. Are you a retard? No? Okay. Is your spec better than theirs? No? Okay you lose.

Fuck that.

No such thing as balance issues. Working as intended by blizz, the love the rotating door of FoTM classes. It gives the illusion of fresh new content where there is none. PvP will never be balanced because Blizz does not want it to be.

To OPs request, I think the only thing holding this 1v1 queue thing back is the bad taste it will likely leave in any players mouth that tries it. I don't think many pvpers will waste their time with it and noobs to pvp... well is this how you want them to see pvp? Because I can only imagine their queue popping, them getting one-shot (or some other complete shit that is wow pvp) and them thinking... well that's all for me and pvp.

Rated 1v1 is the dumbest idea ever.

You have duels and world pvp. Thats enough!

You keep argumenting that the game is not balanced around 1v1...

So let's exclude duels (with no templates), 2v2's, 5v5's and all battlegrounds of the game, cause there's no real balance around that.

If someone wants to 1v1, there's no fcking reason to not do that inside a instance. We just want the possibility to invite someone to a 1v1 wargame inside an arena. Call it duel, or whatever you want. We dont need to found more people to queue a 2v2 arena, to make a simple 1v1 fight.

The outside pvp is destroyed. Simple duels and wpvp are over now, stop talking about it, you all know that all fights end with a simple opener.

And if we have arenas with no LoS, there's so many classes that can be strong on 1v1 fight's, not only WW monks, Rogues, Pally's and Ferals, like you all wrongly think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It is soooooooo god damn pointless. Even when the game was highly balanced back in MoP some classes still absolutely curb stomped every other spec in the game with ease. My monk that I played for 2 weeks could 2v1 in arena consistantly up to around 1800 rating, yet my 2400 rating warrior couldn't 1v1 a decent WW monk or hunter in most cases.

Back in Cata literally all I did was duel while waiting for bg queues and on my hunter as MM i could - with ease, beat gladiator melee without them even touching me once.

1v1 has a skill ceiling that is an inch off of the skill floor. After that the duel is decided by spec. Are you a retard? No? Okay. Is your spec better than theirs? No? Okay you lose.

Fuck that.
    This pretty much.

I fully agree with you that a 1v1 bracket, or the game being "balanced" around 1v1 is completely stupid (for the reasons you mentioned) but they should still implement PvP Templates in duels (or just get rid of templates entirely). A lot of people love just running around and duel other people (or just watch), I think we've all done some casual dueling at one point or another - but in Legion it's simply a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    This pretty much.

I fully agree with you that a 1v1 bracket, or the game being "balanced" around 1v1 is completely stupid (for the reasons you mentioned) but they should still implement PvP Templates in duels (or just get rid of templates entirely). A lot of people love just running around and duel other people (or just watch), I think we've all done some casual dueling at one point or another - but in Legion it's simply a no go.
    PVP templates should definitely be implemented in duels or let it just be an option. Rogues can actually kill people in subterfuge in duels right now. Its absolutely pointless to open world duel, amazingly they've made 1v1ing even more imbalanced. Anyone wanna fight my holy paladin that can holy shock you for 2 million every other GCD?

Deleted
    I truly miss dueling in Goldshire or outside of Org....

Rated 1v1 sounds dumb considering the imbalance, but would love if the templates worked during wpvp and duels

Because 1v1 is impossible to balance, pretty much no game is balance w/ 1v1 in mind

All (M)MOs are balanced around their default competitive or the most popular bracket sizes, e.g., 3v3, 5v5, etc. It's already hard enough to balance classes for party vs party PvP, balancing the game around multiple PvP modes is times harder, adding 1v1 that's inherently unbalanced will just make things, well, impossible to balance too.

But as for duelling aspect, they should add a PvP "shrine" that enables PvP templates, for instance, turn Orgri gates into one.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-08-21 at 07:11 AM.

I think that if they put a variety of instances (with LoS and Open Field arenas) there's so many classes that can do a thing on a ranked 1v1 match. I know, it's very hard to happen, since we all know how blizzard is thinking this game.

But there's no reason to not create a 1v1 wargame, or a simple invited duel to an instance.