Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year

QP needs a huge huge overhall.

Overwatch is to the gaming industry as Detroit is to the economy.

So it is known that quick play is just pure absolute fucking trash these days. Players really have no place to play without risking ranking, etc if they dont want to play competitive and lose everything they worked for due to trolls, afker, people buying carries, etc.

Blizz really needs to add in a game mode that uses the competitive matchmaking formula without the rank.

Having the shitshow match making system that is QP right now, is IMO, the reason for all the salty players. Youre mixing high ranking players with low ranking players, high level players with low level players, toxic people with non-toxic people, etc. Its what is making the game unenjoyable anymore outside of COmpetitive.

And no on wants to deal with the stress that is competitive the entire time they play. Yet they still have to, due to QP being even worse.

What are your thoughts on QP? Should it be changed to follow the same rules as competitive?

Blizzard honestly needs to take the game offline, and revamp the entire thing from Competitive, Quick Play, Matchmaking, etc.
    Last edited by Demindar; 2017-08-19 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the derankers, boosters, and smurfs; honestly competitive is little different to QP now. Sure, you're more likely to get reasonable compositions and some semblance of team work but the actual matchmaking is every bit as bad, if not worse, because there are so many players intentionally messing with their rankings. Shit, I probably face more Diamonds/Masters in Gold Comp than I ever did in QP at this point. It's just epidemic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    With all the derankers, boosters, and smurfs; honestly competitive is little different to QP now. Sure, you're more likely to get reasonable compositions and some semblance of team work but the actual matchmaking is every bit as bad, if not worse, because there are so many players intentionally messing with their rankings. Shit, I probably face more Diamonds/Masters in Gold Comp than I ever did in QP at this point. It's just epidemic now.
    Yes, this is also so true. I should have specified as "QP should be more like how competitive is SUPPOSED to be." Thats another reason im not playing competitive right now. I got diamon, but dont wanna drop below 3k, and with all the throwers right now... its bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're asking for here. What do you want Quick Play to be? Because I like it the way it is now, except for the inability to block some people from being paired with/against me. I do often miss the "Avoid this player" feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just let me play 6 Mei again.

Deleted
    Not sure how that would help, people fool around in quick-play because there is no downside to doing it, even if they implemented the competitive rule-set into quick-play people would still act the same way.

As for people fooling around in competitive, there's not really much that Blizzard even can do about that except for potentially banning people for intentionally losing/griefing, but they need to rely on reports for that to happen. (Haven't ever experienced that myself though, only heard of it here.)

All Blizzard games suffer from dreadful matchmaking, I don't think they care as long as it doesn't have an impact on the e-sport side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Utok View Post
    All Blizzard games suffer from dreadful matchmaking, I don't think they care as long as it doesn't have an impact on the e-sport side of things.
    Competitive being shit does however have an impact on the e-sport side of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Quick Play and Competitive isn't the same, therefor shouldn't follow the same rules either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

uuuuh I'll take quick play as it is now over what it was at launch, thanks. also outside of competitive I don't think ranks mean a damn thing. I've seen a few silver rank players and none of them have been impressive in QP.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-08-19 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    uuuuh I'll take quick play as it is now over what it was at launch, thanks. also outside of competitive I don't think ranks mean a damn thing. I've seen a few silver rank players and none of them have been impressive in QP.
    Yeah that's because Silver is not a very impressive rank to be at, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know it sucks, but Quick Play is literally meant to be a "on the go, screw rules and play for fun."

Competitive demands players actually have a grasp of teamwork, strategy, character knowledge, map
    knowledge and awareness, IE : playing the game seriously. Anyone not doing this is pretty much
    fucking not just themselves, but their teammates over.

Rank is the "prize" for winning in comp. You literally gain or lose nothing in QP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, I know it sucks, but Quick Play is literally meant to be a "on the go, screw rules and play for fun."

Competitive demands players actually have a grasp of teamwork, strategy, character knowledge, map
    knowledge and awareness, IE : playing the game seriously. Anyone not doing this is pretty much
    fucking not just themselves, but their teammates over.

Rank is the "prize" for winning in comp. You literally gain or lose nothing in QP.
    Actually no. No Limits and Custom Games are 'screw the rules, let's have fun' mode. Quick Play is exactly what the name suggests, a quick game, normal rules.

I think Blizzard have realised that Quick Play is often a cesspit and that many players have no intention of actually trying to win. For those of us who dislike competitive mode as well it's mitigated by Blizzard investing heavily in Custom Games. Most of my fun comes from there these days because just logging on and fooling around is much more enjoyable and productive than trying to tackle the odds stacked against me in Quick Play when a team consists purely of damage dealers and a single, lone healer who isn't protected at all.

Deathmatch mode on the PTR is a lot of fun. I think we'll see more and more people move away from Quick Play as the game grows older.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play Quickplay with friends.

I can't remember the last time I rain into a griefer or thrower. And if I do? We just leave the game and look for a new one.

All I expect in quickplay is that people try.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, Quick Play and Competitive isn't the same, therefor shouldn't follow the same rules either.
    ikr? What would be the point if they followed the same rules...

Blizzard always has terrible matchmaking issues because so many people play the game, and today there are so many more people playing the game for stupid reasons ie recording a video of them harassing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dota3Confirmed View Post
    Blizzard always has terrible matchmaking issues because so many people play the game, and today there are so many more people playing the game for stupid reasons ie recording a video of them harassing people.
    You'd think they'd be more hardhanded if they had this many people playing, but because the game is B2P they can't be like Riot, who will actually just ban you from playing rather than just a dumb mute.

quckplay is fine as it is.

what you want is competitive practice mode - like off season, except available during the seasons.

i think the hesitation to enable this is just how many people would actually use it? couldn't be too difficult to try though i suppose

Unranked mode will just be like QP, but longer. There is nothing stopping the "it's just a game, i meme" crowd to just ignore the objective and team composition in a "more serious" game mode. There is nothing at stake without a ranking system... damn, i think that kind of players don't care about rank either and just screw around in competitive too; gotta farm those season rewards somehow.

Unranked or draft mode works in LoL and other dota games because at least you can ban and pick heroes accordingly, but even there i saw a fair share of players that won't support, pick another assassin and troll.

A rant to just say: some kind of players won't face consequences for their "bad" behavior in an online game, even if you put a casual, semi hardcore, hardcore, mlg pro mode unless Blizzard releases a "how to play with others" tutorial and start banning around that but that won't happen; "it's just a game, i want to have fun" (While they are getting stomped and they are sitting at 0 elims, obj time trying to solo a better team).
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.