Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

GOP Megadonor Sheldon Adelson wants National Security Adviser McMaster out

https://www.axios.com/sheldon-adelso...474802744.html

Republican megadonor Sheldon Adelson has privately told one of his allies that he supports a campaign that depicts H.R. McMaster as anti-Israel and seeks to remove him from his post as national security adviser.

In an email to Mort Klein, the president of the Zionist Organization of America, Adelson writes: "Now that I have talked to somebody with personal experience with McMaster, I support your efforts."

Why this matters: Adelson is arguably the most influential donor in Republican politics, spending tens of millions of dollars each election season. He also funds the ZOA, which has been relentlessly attacking McMaster and leading an outside campaign to remove him from his post.
    Adelson's spokesman Andy Abboud told Axios recently that Adelson had nothing to do with ZOA's campaign against McMaster and was "perfectly comfortable" with the job McMaster was doing.

Abboud was correct about Adelson being unaware of the campaign, though Adelson makes clear in his email to Klein that he was never "comfortable" with McMaster because he knew nothing about him.

What changed: Adelson tells Klein he spoke with Safra Catz, the Israeli-born CEO of Oracle. Adelson says Catz told him about a dinner she had recently with McMaster and "it certainly enlightened me quite a bit."

But Adelson also makes clear in his email that he doesn't want to be publicly associated with the campaign against McMaster. (Klein never claimed Adelson was supporting it, and while he accepts funding from Adelson he is known as an independent Israel hawk who cannot be corralled, even by his major donor.)

The pushback: A White House source points out that the Israel team at the White House, including noted right winger Ambassador Friedman, "feel McMaster is remarkably pro-Israel and he just had a meeting with senior Israeli officials where he won plaudits from them for understanding their unique security needs."
    "Sigh" The fools continue down their merry path in seeking to oust a military genius that is sorely needed considering all the metric shit that Trump inherited from the last 25 years of idiotic foreign policy decisions.

EDIT: Newt Gingrich came out to defend McMaster.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...y-adviser.html

Adviser
    Newt Gingrich
    By Newt Gingrich Published August 16, 2017 Fox News

NOW PLAYING
    McMaster on thin ice with the White House?
    Close
    The recent anonymous, backstabbing attacks on National Security Adviser Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster are despicable.

I have known H.R. since he was a captain in the Gulf War. He is a remarkable American, and we are fortunate to have him serving the country. He is a decorated combat veteran who is also an intellectual – a truly rare combination.

from his firsthand experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan, and his efforts working to modernize the Army, H.R. knows that the challenges to our safety and, indeed, to our survival are getting greater and more complex. He understands that defeating these challenges will take innovative thought, creative solutions, and institutional and cultural change in our national security systems. This includes changes within the Congress and to the tools used for communicating with the American people.

Regardless of what nameless critics say, H.R. McMaster’s service and experience are invaluable.

He is the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-08-20 at 06:49 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    https://www.axios.com/sheldon-adelso...474802744.html

"Sigh" The fools continue down their merry path in seeking to oust a military genius that is sorely needed considering all the metric shit that Trump inherited from the last 25 years of idiotic foreign policy decisions.

EDIT: Newt Gingrich came out to defend McMaster.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...y-adviser.html
    Interesting it's Gingrich who comes out to do it seeing how his entire 2012 campaign was because of Adelson

This is leading on Breitbart as well so the Bannon pressure on McMaster begins

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Interesting it's Gingrich who comes out to do it seeing how his entire 2012 campaign was because of Adelson

This is leading on Breitbart as well so the Bannon pressure on McMaster begins
    It's been going on for a while on Breitbart. It's believed that because Trump chose to side with McMaster over Bannon that led in part to Bannon's removal.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    McMaster is one of the few sane people that Trump has picked, of course the idiots want him out......

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    McMaster is one of the few sane people that Trump has picked, of course the idiots want him out......
    You can't drain the swamp with competent people still in it.

I don't see how anyone could justify removing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indefensible, pointless, sounds like the usual script for things that are guaranteed to happen where Trump is involved.

Deleted
    Is anti-Israel just a code word for not being an Israeli stooge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yes. 10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Literally all it means. (Edit in the US)

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like a really bad time to start ejecting members of the military when Trump took a whole nine hours including travel time to decide on the new Afghanistan plan that Mattis says Trump made and won't tell anyone about.

EDIT: Addendum, Trump is expected tomorrow to double our troop presence in Afghanistan.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, fuck! Hey @Skroe, you wanna take a look at this?

H.R. McMaster Endorsed Book That Advocates Quran-Kissing Apology Ceremonies

A book on terrorism endorsed and touted by H.R. McMaster, the embattled White House National Security Adviser, calls on the U.S. military to respond to any “desecrations” of the Quran by service members with an apology ceremony, and advocates kissing a new copy of the Quran before presenting the Islamic text to the local Muslim public.
    The article goes on and on. Seriously, click the link and browse.

Well, first blood goes to Bannon, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and in case you missed it, Trump's announcement (also predicting no questions answered) will be tomorrow at 9, when Paul Ryan was scheduled to go on a CNN town hall. I bet that's just a coincidence.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-08-20 at 07:54 PM.

I thought one of the reasons Trump supporters liked him was because the USA would start pulling out of these engagements and reduce our military presence around the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I thought one of the reasons Trump supporters liked him was because the USA would start pulling out of these engagements and reduce our military presence around the world?
    That was before Yemen.

And Syria.

And Venezuela.

And Iran.

And of course North Korea, which I think we can all agree is acting with...familiar reckless abandon, the jury is out on whether NK would be acting so recklessly if we had someone in the WH that was actually capable of dealing with them. It's a hypothetical and we won't know for a while. We do know that everyone in the WH that isn't Trump, is saying diplomacy is still an option, and never used the term "fire and fury".

But after all of those countries were threatened or even flat-out attacked, Twitler's rabid fanbase had to change their tune, as with other things, in order to follow their Cheeto Jesus. It was no longer possible to say Trump wanted peace. It became impossible to say Clinton would be worse, as we passed that threshhold three countries ago. So, yes, they liked him, past tense, for wanting to get out of pointless conflicts, and now they like him, present tense, because they refuse to admit they made a mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was only if that warhawk Hillary went into office, when everyone but Hillary and the Democrats and the rest of the world was sure she'd make the USA enemy #1 of the world.

It's fine to start wars with 6 different countries and make us the enemies of the world if it's Trump.
    @Theodarzna
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    They liked him because he wouldn't do a military intervention for regime change. Even now after all that's happened even on North Korea the Trump admin makes it clear: It doesn't want regime change.

They liked him because he wouldn't do a military intervention for regime change. Even now after all that's happened even on North Korea the Trump admin makes it clear: It doesn't want regime change.
    Trump threatened military intervention in Venezuela. What the fuck do you think that would involve if not regime change?

10+ Year Old Account
    They liked him because he wouldn't do a military intervention for regime change.
    Sorry, are you talking about this cited 538 article which completely counters your argument with evidence?

How about asking CNN what they also cited and sourced and dated on the subject?

Oh, I hear the term 'Fake News' about to come out, so how about ABC News? Remember this quote "Now she wants to start a shooting war in Syria in conflict with nuclear-armed Russia. Frankly, it could lead to World War III and she has no sense."? They do. I don't see anything in there about regime change. I see something about attacking Syria backed by Russia. How long did that last?

(The answer is "Less than 100 days")

Or maybe you'd prefer the Washington Examiner?

Or possibly Forbes?

NBC News?

The Daily Caller?

The Atlantic? Here's a line from them: "If there was any one foreign policy position that Donald Trump stressed above all others, it was opposition to the use of force in Syria. "

Newsweek?

Al-Jazeera?

FOX News?

How about motherfucking Breitbart? They quote Gorka here:

“You’re such a conspiracy theorist!” Gorka jokingly exclaimed. “Yes, this is, of course, the reality on the ground. The fact is, the president is committed – he’s not an interventionist, but he has said again, and again, and again when it comes to Syria, the bloodshed must stop. We have zero interest, and he’s been explicit in this on the campaign trail and after January 20th, we have no interest in invading other people’s countries and occupying them. For the president, that is un-American.”

And for added irony:

“I know it’s shocking for some, but this is one politician who’s actually going to keep his promises,” Gorka declared.

How's that one working out, Gorka?

Or maybe you'd prefer to hear it from Trump personally, The New York Times has thoughtfully arranged Trump's 19 tweets on Syria, in order. Maybe you don't subscribe and can't read it, so TIME Magazine.

Trump, while campaigning, said next to nothing about "regime change". He said tons about Syria. And Gorka told Breitbart it was about occupying. What would you say doubling a troop count does, by the way? Because I say it makes him break a promise.

Again.

If you hurt your back moving goalposts, bear in mind, TrumpCare doesn't cover it.

See this is why the Sith never beat the Jedi, five minutes after any kind of success and they divide into hundreds of factions all stabbing each other in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I know it's been posted already but:

Only Adult Left In Trump Administration Named ‘Mad Dog’
    http://www.theonion.com/graphic/only...-mad-dog-56513
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeh Johnson, Obama's HSA, says Trump’s generals 'have to stay' in Cabinet to 'right the ship.

"What do you think it says [that Trump] has surrounded himself with generals and they remain?" ABC News asked.

"Well, that's interesting," Johnson said. “There’s been a lot of talk this week about people resigning from the White House, whether people should resign from the White House."

"Frankly, if ... my friend John Kelly or my friend Jim Mattis came to me and said I'm thinking about resigning from this White House, I'd say, 'Absolutely not. You have to stay,'" Johnson said. "We need people like John Kelly, Jim Mattis, H.R. McMaster to right the ship," Johnson said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    snip
    This is just savage, in the best kind of way.