Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'm not super psyched about the sound of these changes. One of the things I've always liked about D.Va is the simplicity of her playstyle, and I'm not really fond of making one of her core abilities weaker while giving her more buttons to compensate. Pushing her into more of a DPS role is also kind of sucky. I don't think these changes will be terrible or anything, but they seem like a sidegrade that'll simultaneously weaken her playstyle identity and tanking niche. If they were going to nerf Defense Matrix I'd have preferred they give her some other tanking utility rather than making her more offensive.
    My feelings on the matter as well. Part of the reason why I play D.va is I like protecting people with Defense Matrix. If I wanted to play a more offensive character, I'd play an offensive character. Not really looking foreword to these changes in the slightest.

Ah, well. I played D.va back when Defense Matrix was a cooldown rather than a channeled ability, and I'll probably continue playing her now, but it's to a point where I may need to consider switching to an actual Tank character if the team is really missing one, and that doesn't feel great. At least being able to shoot while flying matches with what her Meka has been show to do in cinematics now...and I suppose there's always playing her in HotS. I already kind of prefer how she plays there to Overwatch anyway...though I suppose it's only a matter of time before they decide to nerf her there as well. -_-
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    B- The missiles are weak, she now is the worst tank hands down and blzzard shrugs its shoulders and people who like playing her are left to wait another year for a change.
    I foresee this being the most likely outcome, unfortunately.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Deleted
    Not sure what to think of this change, on the one hand it was a bit too easy for her to counter whole ultimates, on the other hand this makes her far less of a tank and more of a high-health dps... Perhaps instead of a rocket ability she could have been given a different defensive ability of some kind? Ah well, guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    This change makes zero sense, and continues my belief as blizzard adds more hero's to Overwatch, the worst the game becomes. And here's how this plays out.

A- The missiles are too strong,possible making the Dive comp stronger, DPS cry that a tank is doing too much damage and they get nerfed.
    B- The missiles are weak, she now is the worst tank hands down and blzzard shrugs its shoulders and people who like playing her are left to wait another year for a change.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, because hitting Q and watching the drool form on your keyboard for DPS is way better. At least D.va has to react to said ult.
    I know the average dps at your garbage MMR likely only gets kills through ult, but I happen to also shoot at people when I don't have full meter, which usually goes pretty well unless D.Va stands there and no skills away while having to give up zero positioning.

I haven't even said I straight up think this a good change and I've said like 3 times Doomfist already hurt the current D.Va-centric metagame.

Pretty sure this is going to cause an outrage though and it's for this reason Mercy won't ever be changed either.

The most balant issue I see with this is the same as Roadhog where she'll charge too much ult but everyone should just calm down and wait till PTR, especially because this is 100% a change targeted at the pro scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's high profile DPS players who whine about it for sure, but they literally whine about anything and everything that stops them DPSing. At that point, it's nothing to do with skill, balance or anything, it's about youtube and twitch views, and protecting their lifestyle. There's no more vested an interest than that.

They killed Ana's offensive capability, because it upset Tracers and Genjis. They did this because it upsets Tracers and Genjis. They nerfed Bastion because it upset Tracers and Genjis. They nerfed Hog because it upset Tracers and Genjis. Do you not see a pattern here?

Less defensive tanks, more offensive tanks...

I would have really liked it if they added a bigger skill component to defense matrix, instead of actually just aiming it in the other teams general direction to eat up all the ults thrown at you, make the actual matrix hitbox much smaller, so they would actually have to point it specifically at the hero they are trying to block.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds bad. Roadhog already wasn't much of a tank. Zarya's protective abilities are limited. This is guaranteeing that the only good shields remaining are Reinhardt and Orisa.

Yeah, it sucks to get an ult eaten. Or blocked by a shield. Or deflected. That cannot be the reason for this. I play a ton of Mei. Either I freeze her first, or just aim it away. It sucks as Soldier since there's less you can do, but that's why you knock her out her mech first. This doesn't even feel like it was a result of people complaining, like it was for Roadhog. It just kind of happened.

Stop ruining the tanks I like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Less defensive tanks, more offensive tanks...

I would have really liked it if they added a bigger skill component to defense matrix, instead of actually just aiming it in the other teams general direction to eat up all the ults thrown at you, make the actual matrix hitbox much smaller, so they would actually have to point it specifically at the hero they are trying to block.
    I would have agreed with a change like this too, makes for exciting plays too.

That clip of the D.va blocking those Tracer shots at Lucio from Korea that sadly got deleted was really exciting to see.

Yeah definitely not sure how I feel about this, I don't really like tanks being made less like tanks and more like DPS. Maybe make it absorb a certain amount of damage instead of it being time based or something? 50% is pretty huge, and then she's basically just ult charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good that Defense Matrix is getting nerfed. It was quite frankly, just too powerful of an ability. She
    could neutralize way too many things. At least this will make it so that she needs to be much smarter
    with her DM instead of just popping it and laughing at the dps's ult the whole time.

Although this damage buff sounds like an even bigger problem.

-Can use her micro-missles in conjunction to other abilities means she can effectively burst down
    a single target or possibly more than one all at once.
    -Insta-kill AoE that can wipe the entire enemy team
    -Very mobile, can reach nearly any location
    -Defense Matrix (although shorter)
    -A lot of health
    -Out of mech D.V.A. is a glass cannon (very frail, but faster moving and can do a lot of damage quickly)

If anything, it sounds like we're going to go back to the whole "D.V.A. is OP bullshit" again.

I think the changes sound very interesting. Since they made the shield on-use it has been pretty overpowered, considering you can always keep a little juice in the tank and pop it out to quickly munch some damage - so while on paper it has what, 30% uptime? In reality it's almost always there when you need it.

Making the shield less obnoxious is good, and she'll return more to her original role as a backline harasser with occasional tanking instead of a main tank who can also harass the backline just because. I like the idea of the mini rockets too.

I guess it all depends on how it balances out but I think the idea is a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Its good that Defense Matrix is getting nerfed. It was quite frankly, just too powerful of an ability. She
    could neutralize way too many things. At least this will make it so that she needs to be much smarter
    with her DM instead of just popping it and laughing at the dps's ult the whole time.

Although this damage buff sounds like an even bigger problem.

-Can use her micro-missles in conjunction to other abilities means she can effectively burst down
    a single target or possibly more than one all at once.
    -Insta-kill AoE that can wipe the entire enemy team
    -Very mobile, can reach nearly any location
    -Defense Matrix (although shorter)
    -A lot of health
    -Out of mech D.V.A. is a glass cannon (very frail, but faster moving and can do a lot of damage quickly)

If anything, it sounds like we're going to go back to the whole "D.V.A. is OP bullshit" again.
    Strongly suspect the rockets will be fairly tame damage wise. But yeah it's a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What the fuck are they doing over there? First road hog now dva
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

As a D.va main i disapprove of these changes, she was just fine the way she is, she doesn't need more damage

They nerfed Roadhogs damage but now they gonna give D.va Micro Missiles that may or may not one shot heroes if aimed well.

Next thing you know the new meta is gonna be filled with only tanks and supports

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Strongly suspect the rockets will be fairly tame damage wise. But yeah it's a possibility.
    I hope so, but the fact that the blue says that she can use them in tangent with her other abilities means that she can primary
    and alt fire at the same time. Even though her primary isn't that strong, if her missles are the same, that's going to be a VERY
    nasty amount of damage being thrown at you at once.

If I am understanding it correctly.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-08-22 at 05:52 AM.

I hope so, but the fact that the blue says that she can use them in tangent with her other abilities means that she can primary
    and alt fire at the same time. Even though her primary isn't that strong, if her missles are the same, that's going to be a VERY
    nasty amount of damage being thrown at you at once.

If I am understanding it correctly.
    To be fair her cannons consist of a mild tickle at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I worry moreso for Supports, who don't have a lot of defensive options against a Dva. Such as Zenyatta, Lucio, or Mercy.

Ana has one chance, and if it fucks up, its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I worry moreso for Supports, who don't have a lot of defensive options against a Dva. Such as Zenyatta, Lucio, or Mercy.

Ana has one chance, and if it fucks up, its over.
    Mercy will fly away like she always does. Lucio will have to actually run, and it sounds like the micro missiles work like a mini barrage, so with his speed he'll probably be able to evade much of it, after that DVa lacks the range and mobility to out damage his heals. Zen I don't know, he does a lot of damage, so it depends how strong the barrage is. With only 2 seconds of DM he has arguably a better chance. Ana is no different, it was always the case that she Sleeped you or died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I would have agreed with a change like this too, makes for exciting plays too.

That clip of the D.va blocking those Tracer shots at Lucio from Korea that sadly got deleted was really exciting to see.
    Not everything that happens in the game has to be pretty, but everything in game should at least work. We had four seasons of Reinhardt spending a bunch of time holding RMB, I don't see anyone ever asking for that to be nerfed, certainly not in the name of "exciting esports". You sound ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mercy will fly away like she always does. Lucio will have to actually run, and it sounds like the micro missiles work like a mini barrage, so with his speed he'll probably be able to evade much of it, after that DVa lacks the range and mobility to out damage his heals. Zen I don't know, he does a lot of damage, so it depends how strong the barrage is. With only 2 seconds of DM he has arguably a better chance. Ana is no different, it was always the case that she Sleeped you or died.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything that happens in the game has to be pretty, but everything in game should at least work. We had four seasons of Reinhardt spending a bunch of time holding RMB, I don't see anyone ever asking for that to be nerfed, certainly not in the name of "exciting esports". You sound ridiculous.
    Stop claiming Rein and D.Va are the same thing, christ.

This isn't even close to live yet and there absolutely is a reason for this change if it does happen, just because you play her doesn't mean she's exempt from any sort of design change, if she gets nerfed to the point of being unplayable you have all the right to complain but you should just wait for PTR and try it out yourself.

Also I'm very glad they're actually changing something BECAUSE of the higher MMR brackets/pro play for once rather than constantly catering to the casual crowd.

And Eric is actually right in saying that supports should worry about this more than anything, they already struggled with Doomfist being absolutely nuts right now and DM being nerfed reduces the amount of peel even more, I wouldn't be comfortable ever picking Zen like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Stop claiming Rein and D.Va are the same thing, christ.

This isn't even close to live yet and there absolutely is a reason for this change if it does happen, just because you play her doesn't mean she's exempt from any sort of design change, if she gets nerfed to the point of being unplayable you have all the right to complain but you should just wait for PTR and try it out yourself.

Also I'm very glad they're actually changing something BECAUSE of the higher MMR brackets/pro play for once rather than constantly catering to the casual crowd.

And Eric is actually right in saying that supports should worry about this more than anything, they already struggled with Doomfist being absolutely nuts right now and DM being nerfed reduces the amount of peel even more, I wouldn't be comfortable ever picking Zen like this.
    I'm not claiming they're the same thing, I'm pointing out she blocks literally half as much damage as him or Orisa, with many more limitations on what she can block. You sound like she shouldn't be expected to shield and use DM.

If you actually looked up responses to this, it's the low-end casual crowd who are looking forward to micro missiles, and the high end players of her that are really upset about this. Those who are most happy at high end are DPS players; while like you say Supports are bricking it.

You sound ridiculous because you're fearing for Supports, which is who I'm out to protect; while cheering for high end DPS and Twitch viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm not claiming they're the same thing, I'm pointing out she blocks literally half as much damage as him or Orisa, with many more limitations on what she can block. You sound like she shouldn't be expected to shield and use DM.

If you actually looked up responses to this, it's the low-end casual crowd who are looking forward to micro missiles, and the high end players of her that are really upset about this. Those who are most happy at high end are DPS players; while like you say Supports are bricking it.

You sound ridiculous because you're fearing for Supports, which is who I'm out to protect; while cheering for high end DPS and Twitch viewers.
    What limitations on what she can block, besides Zarya laser? DM goes MUCH further forward and is 10 times more mobile than Rein's, Orisa shouldn't even be mentioned.

Her DM can do some insane shit.

Most comments from actual high end D.Va players I've seen are cautiously optimistic to slightly worried about dive, and mostly just curious to see how it ends up while hoping she doesn't get Roadhogged.

Which is the correct response to this.