Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What would you do to change the current state of DH (Boring as fuck rotation)

Basically, Chaos Strike, pray to get a good rng with FelBlade/auto attacks from ring, repeat. There is literally nothing else to do. Beside using artifact weapon every 60 seconds and throw glaives if you don't have fury. DH feels underwhelming compared to other classes by a far shot. Coming from rogue main and a warrior, demon hunter just feels -- bland? ````````````````````````````````````````` I JUST WANT TO SEE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT DH DONT EAT ME ALIVE ````````````````````````````

Deleted
    Give back the Momentum build and remove the script to have felrush not displace you AND allow us to Felrush to a targetted location
    We're actually the only class having to not use our offensive spells (throw glaive and fel rush) and only use others (chaos strike and blade dance) which is totally abnormal, so i suggest making it so chaos strike empowers throw glaive or that kind of stuff
    Last edited by mmoc48da16d7d1; 2017-08-21 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Give back the Momentum build and remove the script to have felrush not displace you AND allow us to Felrush to a targetted location
    glyph that causes you to stop moving when you damage an enemy with fel rush, or when you hit an enemy you stop and a shadow of you projects forward completing its typical range for damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    glyph that causes you to stop moving when you damage an enemy with fel rush, or when you hit an enemy you stop and a shadow of you projects forward completing its typical range for damage
    No,that would kill the momentum playstyle ppl want it back

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I don't, not in the status the bosses are and will continue to be.

We're already playing against a retarded mechanic called parry, don't want to deal with another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I don't, not in the status the bosses are and will continue to be.

We're already playing against a retarded mechanic called parry, don't want to deal with another one.
    Okay, let me rephrease it

No,that would kill what made momentum playstyle unique and some ppl want it back.

An optional item (glyph) would kill a playstyle? It sounds like you understand that it currently is trash but you want people to have to deal with the trash.

New class developers.

Overhaul the class from the ground up, because that's what it needs.

And no, Momentum would not be a part of that overhaul. It has no place in this game other than a PvP talent.

Chaos strike needs a CD, start from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kill any chance of momentum returning and keep the spec as it is. I enjoy the rotation.

Give it a few more mandatory buttons to push for the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Chaos strike needs a CD, start from there.
    That's like giving Fireball a cooldown

Honestly I think giving them a secondary resource, playing my DK I have to watch for festering wounds,rune,and runic energy. The spec feels really engaging that way. I have no idea why they decided to make the spec so straight forward as the last two classes blizzard introduced had at least TWO resources(DK/Monk). I think making momentum baseline could add some complexity back but yeah, havoc is fun but it's doesn't feel rewarding with the current play style.

Quote Originally Posted by VengfulPecs View Post
    Honestly I think giving them a secondary resource, playing my DK I have to watch for festering wounds,rune,and runic energy. The spec feels really engaging that way. I have no idea why they decided to make the spec so straight forward as the last two classes blizzard introduced had at least TWO resources(DK/Monk). I think making momentum baseline could add some complexity back but yeah, havoc is fun but it's doesn't feel rewarding with the current play style.
    DH has some significant other resources but they're tuned out of relevance for most raid fights. Souls are huge for demonic, the whole spec in dungeons is about hunting and generating soul fragments through chaos strikes w/ DA, killing blows and a huge amount of AOE stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    DH has some significant other resources but they're tuned out of relevance for most raid fights. Souls are huge for demonic, the whole spec in dungeons is about hunting and generating soul fragments through chaos strikes w/ DA, killing blows and a huge amount of AOE stuns.

But let's be honest there is no skill needed for timing those souls at all, it's just (tied to chaos strike again) hit the button and move slightly to the right or left. I don't want to change this to a 3rd spec idea thread but if they added and new spec it would be really cool/engaging if the 'new' spec had stances for mid ranged/melee ranged. A spec that operate a bit like jayce if any of you play LoL.

But let's be honest there is no skill needed for timing those souls at all
    There is, if you just instantly take every soul then you'll lose a bit of performance in ST and a lot on multi-target.

Here is my wishlist (I'm a dreamer) :

1) Interaction between our spells ;
    - ie : Chaos Strike giving us a stack of something to improve another ability

2) TG doting the target (base) -> can be improved by talent (even spread maybe with BD)
    - ie : dot the first target (base) ; talent can add 2/3 more or even better: blade dance can spread the dot to all target hitted by BD. The leg would be therefore good for sustain aoe!

3) Up the % increase dmge of Momentum : this talent is tricky. Nice for half player, cancer for the rest. The fact is that we are trading our mobility to deal more dmge. This must be more rewarding as it is also more punishing if we have to move during the encounter.

4) Delete Nemesis or change it into a self buff : if it won't fix the "type of mob/boss" issue. It will at least allow us to switch target

5) Eyebeam dmge inscreased by the % of crit, like elesham with LvB during Ascendence. Crit is our main stat. I hate it due to RNG but it should at least improve EB dmge. Especially with the new set.

6) Change our Mastery or scale it better. Same for Agi scaling issue.
    6b) Felblade dealing CHAOS DMGE for havoc !!! this is linked with point 6

7) Add something to Fel Barrage and Fel Eruption. They are nice looking but never find a place in PVE HL. It's the 2nd raid (NH+TOS) that I can't see any log with those talent.

Deleted
    Well for me there is one thing its bugging me - Havoc is the only spec where the main filler spell doesn't give special proc to/for another ability.
    I would like to that ability to be something new. Giving some buff to our only other rotation spell BD, will still make it boring as it is now.
    Momentum gameplay back is also acceptable. Maybe also give something meaningful to use TG outside of the talent and the legendary bracers.
    I was thinking something like "if hit 1 additional target reduce the CD of FotI by 2 seconds, if hit 2 additional targets - by 3 seconds" or something like that.
    Also I was also thinking the same as Kazz - all abilities that are baseline guaranteed critical to have their dmg increased by some dependency from your current critical strike chance. Well that will maybe it way too OP for AoE, but we all know there can always be some kind of rule - "If only 1 target hit, increase the dmg by X%" where X is your crit chance or something in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Momo is fun but in a Raid is near impossible to play as long the boss is a giant of some kind with a 40 yeard hit boss and that you wont kill anyone by moving due to some mechanic.
    We need more procs it's so strange a class that only procs the damm FB. I want procs of BD aswell