Thread: So it's Argus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    not resubbing for this. lame as fk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It isn't Blizzard's job to care about what datamined things you've seen.
    I actually completely agree with this. Dumbasses that want to spoil themselves? go ahead. I did. But expecting anything more from gamescom, when 7.3 hasnt even released, well then you guys need to be realistic. The only thing I was expecting was a little more 7.3.5 stuff (the actual raid and the usual stuff that comes with it)

Its blizzcon that is for WoW expansions. Legion broke the mold because of WoD had absolutely nothing and they literally cut patches and patches worth of content. Hell Im surprised they didnt offer a mount and years sub to keep people on wow for WoD. ah well. Now that gamescom is out of the way... wonder how many more "expansion leaks" we are going to get.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Actually, I -do- play other games directly because of Blizzards incapability to stick to a schedule and their lack luster "savior" expansion. I just like keeping tabs on whether or not they can actually get it right this time.

Even as a T&A fan boi, Argus just isn't that good, especially without flying. It's a fucking rock in space, people should be floating.
    And then there's Alleria harnessing the void, which is also annoying considering she's an ARCHER not a PRIEST. But hey, maybe this means they will replace Survival with something actually good in 8.0. Weee!

Then there's the garbage lore behind Sargey remaking a "dark pantheon" because apparently Blizzard had to fish something for him to have been doing from a hat and they picked "building evil council of DOOOOOOOOOOM". Stellar writing, 10/10 plot device.

You've got Illidan talking down to leaders of people that are thousands of years older than him, as if Illidan has ever done anything useful for his people, other than get imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Also, the first use of Fel-cannon anti-air is used on the zones you can't fucking FLY in?! Yeah, best expansion guys, fucking 10/10.
    This has been the best paced expansion ever released.... They keep dropping content patches at a record pace.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    This is a MASSIVE content patch, yet people are still bitching.

Its being time gated for 3 weeks

It has WAY more to do than Quel'Danas

It will be fun

Most people complaining dont even play anymore
    Yeah, sorry. It has "way" more to do than IQD doesn't appeal to me as a veteran player. I want them to mix shit up, get a decent storytelling dialogue going and abandon this comic book tripe, step away from Illidan being the Jesus metaphor nobody wants and give other characters a little more development.

Plus their decision to not allow flight there is about as shortsighted as every other no-flight mid-expansion island. There is nothing so special about Argus that makes me want to do it on the ground, shit Legion's leveling content was BARELY that special.

What were people expecting from a planet that is the home of the Legion? Pink shoe houses and lollipops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    >people bitching about Argus being broken shore copypasted 3 times

This has been the best paced expansion ever released.... They keep dropping content patches at a record pace.....
    Yeah, finally. After 14 years they can finally stick to a schedule. The problem is, the amount of content they produce vs. their "schedule" is completely assfucked.

Not to mention, even if Argus were to launch at Blizzcon, we'd be waiting 12 months for the next expansion. Sounds like a rigorous schedule to me ./s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    What were people expecting from a planet that is the home of the Legion? Pink shoe houses and lollipops?
    What was I expecting? Ethereals. So yes, pink bubbles.

Wasted. Opportunity.

SHADOWS of Argus !!!!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, finally. After 14 years they can finally stick to a schedule. The problem is, the amount of content they produce vs. their "schedule" is completely assfucked.

Not to mention, even if Argus were to launch at Blizzcon, we'd be waiting 12 months for the next expansion. Sounds like a rigorous schedule to me ./s

- - - Updated - - -

What was I expecting? Ethereals.

Wasted. Opportunity.
    Youre literally complaining about things that havent even happened yet.....

When legion launched they said there wouldnt be a 9-14 month content drought at the end of the expansion, with how theyve been pacing, a patch every 77 days, were probably getting a 7.4 content patch and then a filler raid in 7.4.5 and then 8.0

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sorry. It has "way" more to do than IQD doesn't appeal to me as a veteran player. I want them to mix shit up, get a decent storytelling dialogue going and abandon this comic book tripe, step away from Illidan being the Jesus metaphor nobody wants and give other characters a little more development.

Plus their decision to not allow flight there is about as shortsighted as every other no-flight mid-expansion island. There is nothing so special about Argus that makes me want to do it on the ground, shit Legion's leveling content was BARELY that special.
    You do know why they dont give you flying on these type of islands right? its so you dont get a quest, skip everything on the way, kill the mob, and complain for 3 months that there isnt anything to do....

15+ Year Old Account
    75% of this thread.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

When legion launched they said there wouldnt be a 9-14 month content drought at the end of the expansion, with how theyve been pacing, a patch every 77 days, were probably getting a 7.4 content patch and then a filler raid in 7.4.5 and then 8.0
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but there was only 3 raid tiers slated for this expansion (unlike the last one, but we can forgive and forget, right? Hahahhaahahahhahaa.)

A patch every 77 days sounds good, until you realize that they just took what was normally supposed to be in a single raid patch and split it into two patches and spread it out over the course of 6 months. 7.2-7.2.5 and 7.3-7.3.5 are perfect examples of this. Those patches have as much content as IQD, as IoT, as Molten Front, but are split up and intentionally "stretched" out through artificial gating.

They aren't adding anymore content, all they are doing is gating it. It's less a schedule and more on rails content than a train.

And stop acting like 7.4 is going to be anything nearly as large as Argus or Broken Shore was. 7.4 will likely feature the testing for the next expansions "event" and some dull story tie-ins. The fact they are putting all the eggs into 3 zones Argus is testament to this, because they don't make more content, they just spread it thinner over time.

Yes, because game-breaking bugs that don't get fixed for weeks is exactly what raiders and dungeoneers want to hear.

Especially in a game that has literally had that happen before in its development and nearly caused the collapse of progression raid guilds during tier 2.5, you're so smart.
    salty much? pretty sure they could develop a decent inside / NDA based testing without it becoming public.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Three zones that are actually one zone. . . . . they copied the landscape of the last patch and made a planet out of it. . . . this shit is weak as fuck.
    Your avatar is exactly how I picture your face as you say this...

- - - Updated - - -

You do know why they dont give you flying on these type of islands right? its so you dont get a quest, skip everything on the way, kill the mob, and complain for 3 months that there isnt anything to do....
    Actually, the problem with that is the way Blizzard hasn't changed questing since 2004. You don't get -A- quest. You get 5 quests that involve killing everything between you and the target, clicking 12 items of the ground, clicking 5 prisoners from a cage, looting 16 items from another enemy, killing a boss type enemy and then returning to your quest hub.

Flying does absolutely nothing to harm this design. The only thing flying does is allow you to skip over bull-shit terrain purposefully added to artificially elongate playtime for no other reason than "hehelolxd". If it actually added to the game's narrative or to my personal immersion (Or anyone's immersion, at that), I would agree with you.

The only thing no flying does is force you to look at the ground pixels a little closer. It doesn't speed up quest times, it doesn't magically make world quests any less tedious than they are. You're just flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    75% of this thread.
    Clearly you rounded down.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    salty much? pretty sure they could develop a decent inside / NDA based testing without it becoming public.
    Yeah, if they added about 40 more staff and made a testing team that did nothing but play the internal test builds and give feed back.

But Blizzard gets to do that for free using you people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    not resubbing for this. lame as fk
    Oh was your resub on the table? We were all waiting with bated breath to hear the results...

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You obviously have not been playing the game for long or you would know that they only time they make full on rendered cinematics for expansions only, for patch trailers they use ingame assets.. Maybe you should do yourself a favor and do some youtube searching of WoW's patch trailers you might actually learn something..
    I'm well aware, but that doesn't change a fucking thing. These trailers do look like garbage, like some cartoon, it's shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    You gotta be fucking kidding me... They never made cinematics for patches in past years
    Time for them to start then

Frankly I'd rather them embrace it. FFXIV does that where you can't even test changes before they end up going live. Granted, FFXIV's internal testing team is pretty stellar (compared to WoW, who has fucking PTRs and still has more bugs than a Mississippi river bed.

My point being, with Blizzards "quality" bug control along with the inability to test any of their changes, focusing less on the PTR would be a disaster.
    You're comparing a game that releases four bosses at a time that have 0 variance in what goes on during the boss fight (things happen at the same time, every attempt) in a flat, round room, to a game that releases 3 times as many bosses at a time, with many variably timed mechanics with in some cases non-flat fluctuating boss arenas.

FFXIV's extremely milquetoast raid design allows for minimal testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Your avatar is exactly how I picture your face as you say this...
    Close, but my palm was covering my face the whole time.