Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We've reached that lull

It seems we've reached that point where Blizzard has focused all their attention on the next expansion and refuse to make any meaningful balance adjustments to pvp. Arena will more than likely be a crazy zerg fest full of ridiculous 1 shots for the next 12 months. <3 Felt I'd do a public service and warn everyone what to expect.

.. i mean, not trying to dog on you. Seriously.

But PvP has been an utter, unbalanced shit show from day 1 - fuck, from the Alpha.

So.. participation has already tanked (months ago). The people that are still around are the ones that like this.

I'm really curious whether they will take anything from tons of useful feedback from here and their official forums. I've seen people who gave such feedback are long gone and most of the post are simply rants nowadays.
    As mentioned, this was from day one in legion, but people kept hoping for anything better.

I see blizz is trying to keep the last breath of pvp with this shameful series of "pvp like a pro", like it is a l2p issue and not the general pvp environment issue. At least for me this is an indication that route is set towards low ceiling skill cap , no gear, rock/paper/scissors kind of play.
    As long as meaningful winning rewards for winning are introduced I see no problem with removing gear, but this would mean template to work everywhere, not only in instanced pvp, as gear used to solve wpvp issue quite well.
    And rock/paper/scissors go hand in hand with multitude of specs after new class fantasy (biggest mistake imo), which turned balancing close to impossible.

Deleted
    They don't even have anyone in charge of the pvp department anymore, do they?

Nope. Everything wrong with right now is going to exist for the next forseeable future. Buckle up and have fun.

No wonder subscriptions are dropping like flies when Blizzard keeps neglecting a major part of the game.

Deleted
    Actually I really enjoyed this season. I could play arena with my brohter who is a holy pally with zero macros, some binds (click dispell etc). He was a forever 1500, reached 2k in both 2s and 3s. hpally/balance/x.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .. i mean, not trying to dog on you. Seriously.

But PvP has been an utter, unbalanced shit show from day 1 - fuck, from the Alpha.

So.. participation has already tanked (months ago). The people that are still around are the ones that like this.
    I have to disagree...we have had ups and downs throughout the expansions but Legion is all downs lol, sure we never had PERFECT balance but the game was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    They don't even have anyone in charge of the pvp department anymore, do they?
    They probably have a new lead for pvp, but they don't wanna expose him to all the angry pvp players

So yeah, pvp will just have some basic tuning between seasons and first weeks, but don't expect any significant change for the remainder of Legion.

Next expac will fix it kappa.

The end of Legion season 2 was actually fairly balanced and decent by WoW standards and burst didn't randomly occur every 15 seconds like it seems to now. Not sure if that's a product of concordance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    It seems we've reached that point where Blizzard has focused all their attention on the next expansion and refuse to make any meaningful balance adjustments to pvp.

Not gonna happen. It's a glorified MOBA now with Diablo RNG, and they just doubled down again on the RNG with Netherlight Crucible. They'd have to revert most or all of the templating (or vastly improve it) and bring back some abilities as well. Et cetera.

But it's quite clear now that Blizz does not want us to have choice in the MMORPG we paid for. They want the carte blanch to adjust everything to suit their profit needs and with Legion they have it. What you get to do as a player is pay your sub and be their fucking Korean hamster, then keep on paying them.

Already 450 posts long, this thread on Blizz 7.3 PTR forums says it all. It is going to be widely hated...again...and people will leave in swarms...again.

When asked, "What's with the RNG?", Poodlehead (Lore) responded:

"...To be clear: we believe that having some element of randomness is important. Our goal was not to simply allow players to choose the precise bonus traits they wanted (you already do that, more or less, when spending Artifact Power). We still want there to be those exciting moments where a Relic gives you a great outcome. ..."

"Some" element of randomness.

Those. Exciting. Moments.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    They probably have a new lead for pvp, but they don't wanna expose him to all the angry pvp players

So yeah, pvp will just have some basic tuning between seasons and first weeks, but don't expect any significant change for the remainder of Legion.

Next expac will fix it kappa.
    To be fair, Holinka brought that upon himself by being outright ignorant of his own subject time and time again.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Dude Holinka isn't ignorant. He liked that you had to grind for PvP gear, because he personally liked getting gear. That's exactly how any game developer should design content, man. That's exactly how it should be done, there's no better way at all ever in any way or form at all, he was GOOD at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dude Holinka isn't ignorant. He liked that you had to grind for PvP gear, because he personally liked getting gear. That's exactly how any game developer should design content, man. That's exactly how it should be done, there's no better way at all ever in any way or form at all, he was GOOD at his job.
    No he flat out got information wrong fairly often. Like when he insisted that the human racial wasn't OP in WoD because it had a longer cooldown than the trinket or the time he streamed himself soloing teams as a Frost DK when it was at the height of its super powered self healing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

there are separate teams working on pvp and the expansion so that's that out of the window.

PvP is in an odd spot right now with many newly introduced mechanics that have only half worked. It's definitely possible to improve it but they're not sure what they want to do: revert to tried and tested methods or do something new entirely.

It is a fact that pvp participation is at an all time low though and they need to do something about it fast or risk tarnishing the games pvp aspect completely with the "unplayable" brush

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are they finally realised that the amount of people that PvP is tiny compared to the rest of the population and that the small community that does PvP is mostly full of toxic people. So aren't wasting as much time or resources on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No he flat out got information wrong fairly often. Like when he insisted that the human racial wasn't OP in WoD because it had a longer cooldown than the trinket or the time he streamed himself soloing teams as a Frost DK when it was at the height of its super powered self healing.
    It also seemed that he was making up numbers from time to time to try and tell that "things are going gud" while they weren't - or at the very least he had no clue regarding statistics and how to measure things without talking yourself into the result you want to see.

Now that Holinka is gone, I am feeling kind of sorry for him. But he really was terrible for PVP. Maybe not the main reason PVP became so trash, but certainly he was part of the problem rather than part of the solution - the only positive thing that happened while he was there was the conquest catch-up and it is pretty telling that even that little bit of good was just removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Chances are they finally realised that the amount of people that PvP is tiny compared to the rest of the population and that the small community that does PvP is mostly full of toxic people. So aren't wasting as much time or resources on it.
    PVP was as big as PVE, they made it tiny by their bad changes and lack of good changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It is a fact that pvp participation is at an all time low though and they need to do something about it fast or risk tarnishing the games pvp aspect completely with the "unplayable" brush
    It is far too late to do anything related to PVP in Legion.

The only hope is for the next expansion. If PVP will make it to their list of big bullet points for the next expansion, it might be worth looking into. If PVP won't be one of their focus areas - and you can only have a few such areas per expansion - then it wouldn't even be worth checking whether PVP is dead or not, it will absolutely stay dead (and the grave will accumulate a layer of dust).
    Last edited by rda; 2017-08-24 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    It seems we've reached that point where Blizzard has focused all their attention on the next expansion and refuse to make any meaningful balance adjustments to pvp. Arena will more than likely be a crazy zerg fest full of ridiculous 1 shots for the next 12 months. <3 Felt I'd do a public service and warn everyone what to expect.
    Pvp this entire expansion has sucked unless you were a melee, how have we "just reached that point."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    PVP was as big as PVE, they made it tiny by their bad changes and lack of good changes.
    PvP has never been close to being as big as PvE. Even in this fairytale Golden ages you guys always talk about it was at "MOST" a 20% participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    PvP has never been close to being as big as PvE. Even in this fairytale Golden ages you guys always talk about it was at "MOST" a 20% participation.
    PVP was as big as PVE since they added BGs.

The number of people who did random BGs was about the same as the number of people who did 5-man instances. Etc.