Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your thoughts about Twitter?

Your thoughts about Twitter?

I cant tell you how much i loath twitter but i cant deny its possibly the most powerful website on the planet.

Hey i bet we will know about WW3 on Twitter long before the nukes ever hit our major cities!

Its like lazy journalist now farm twitter for outrages and iam sick off it! Its like if some celebrity says a off cuff message and then the media trawls to find someone outraged on Twitter then post 'Celebrity outrage' even though maybe 2 people prolly posted they was outraged then the celeb or politician has to do a humiliating backtrack.

Iam so fucking sick of Twitter and yes i dont have a twitter account but i see the fallout each day on this site and on every major news outlet.

So what is your thoughts on Twitter is it a good thing or a bad thing?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-08-24 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Twitter was dying before Trump became president.

It's also a Social platform hardly anyone uses in the Netherlands.

Overall I think it's bad. I think it really lends itself to ignorance and self-absorption, and has either played a large part in the dumbing down of political discourse, or is at least very emblematic (or symptomatic) of it. There's a lot of posturing, showboating, and self-branding, but very little meaningful communication, so it tends to be very one-way in that sense.

What annoys me most about it is when you see people read tweets aloud on TV. Read almost any tweet aloud and you'll sound like a complete moron.

However, there are some people (especially comedians) who have made an artform out of it. Norm MacDonald has tweeted out long stories tweet-by-tweet and it has a really nice cadence and a sense of immediacy. It can have the feeling of coming across some cool secret brilliant thing.

But usually it's just obnoxious and asinine preening.
    Last edited by 33kamous3; 2017-08-24 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    It seems to bring out the worst in people.

Deleted
    I don't see twitter as a traditional social platform. I personally use it more to gather information. Football mostly, and in case of big scale world news, it's quite fast to get informed.

But Twitter dying? No, don't think so.

Mostly ignored Twitter the past years as ist's just double posts on FB anyway most of the time. I keep FB as my primary feedreader and that's it.

"Follow me on.. Insta, Snap, Twitter, FB, YT...." If I did, I would waste all of my time of the day to follow these... I keep it down to like 15 things I follow but not strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Twitter was dying before Trump became president.

It's also a Social platform hardly anyone uses in the Netherlands.
    Ahhh i see ofc if hardly anyone uses it in Netherlands then it surely must be on its way out..... :S

Its pretty good and it keeps me informed about any subculture I'm interested in.

It's like any social media. You can make your own bubble pleasant, but generally it is shit. As are humans using it.

No social media can ever be truly good, as it would require the people who use it to also be decent beings.

Never used it but i do check out some people there from time to time like Dan Bilzerian, loads of ladies and guns what more can you ask for?

Though instagram is better if your only after images and videos.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a mall basically. I go there to see what's new being offered by businesses, businesses go there to showcase their new offerings.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What I've noticed so far: You can't hate on pets, but hating on kids is okay and gets many favs/retweets. Seriously, it's like account suicide if you hate on someone's pet. It's stupid af.
    Do you know any pet tweets I can hate on?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Like facebook, a platform for mentally unstable, hypocritical screamers.

Never used it, will continue not to. Seems like it's a place where only politicians and activists go these days. Great echo chamber, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A cesspool of censorship and social 'justice'.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Twitter is just another tool, and, like any other tool, if it is used for the right job, it is fine. However, the right job for Twitter is much more narrow than most people try to make out of it.

Twitter is a useless tool to spur serious discussion. I still laugh when I see "1/", etc because you can't put anything like reasonable discourse in the 140 character limit.

Twitter is a great tool for quick notifications and alerts, and that is about it. Any other use of the tool is cute, but similar to using a hammer to tighten a screw...sure, if you use the hammer claw at just the right angle, it kind of works, but only a moron thinks it works well for anything much beyond pounding in and pulling out nails.

I like it. I interact with several "celebs" and such. I communicate with sports fans quite a bit during the season. Mets now, Canes and Pokes a bit during off season, a lot more during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why it triggers people so much. I have an account but I think I've only ever tweeted for contests. Other than that I check it occasionally to see whats up with some musicians and stuff.

Twitter's always been a cesspool.

A poor platform for anyone looking to have discussions or a way to vent their thoughts. Twitter's character limit, and it's extremely strict, yet biased system will allow blatant racism remain without punishment as long as it's against white people, or establishments. Even if it can be considered a death threat, or violates the system.