Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I guess its good to ease people into real Mobas
    People have tried to get me into LoL or Dota 2 but those games are boring af for me. Grinding gold during match, buying items.. wtf?!

Also "real moba" games last way too long like 40 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    People have tried to get me into LoL or Dota 2 but those games are boring af for me. Grinding gold during match, buying items.. wtf?!

Also "real moba" games last way too long like 40 minutes.
    "grinding gold" is important because it means there is stuff to be had all over the map.

You arent bottlenecked into specific parts of the map for objectives, which creates oppertunity to outmanouvre.

A game of LoL can last anywhere from 18-60 minutes. Most of the time its between 20 and 35 though.

I guess the 15-30 minute games of Dota also appeal to more casual gamers though.

As i said its sort of a soft-cores Moba. Not that you have to be hard-core to play a real moba. Its just.. a bit more demanding.

If my daughter ever gets the urge to try pc games i'l have her try out Hots first. Its way more noob friendly and you dont really have to have as large a knowledge base to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "grinding gold" is important because it means there is stuff to be had all over the map.

You arent bottlenecked into specific parts of the map for objectives, which creates oppertunity to outmanouvre.

A game of LoL can last anywhere from 18-60 minutes. Most of the time its between 20 and 35 though.

I guess the 15-30 minute games of Dota also appeal to more casual gamers though.

As i said its sort of a soft-cores Moba. Not that you have to be hard-core to play a real moba. Its just.. a bit more demanding.

If my daughter ever gets the urge to try pc games i'l have her try out Hots first. Its way more noob friendly and you dont really have to have as large a knowledge base to understand it.
    If you wanted to show your daughter a hard multiplayer game, I would just point to regular RTS games like StarCraft, not Dota or LoL. As for the map argument, one of the biggest detriments of LoL and Dota is that it has only one competitive map. Balancing every character around a single map to be viable in a single meta is asking for the impossible. While they may have developed a bunch of strategies of how to play said map, it is still just only one map. Even Counter-Strike had more variety in competitive maps than De_Dust 1 and 2.

If by "demanding" I would say "tedious". It is not even that hard to do the farming mechanics in Dota or LoL. The main issue I have with it is that it forces you to compete with your own team mates, creating scenarios of "you stole my feed". It's the only major competitive multiplayer game I know of where such a strange mechanic exists and the only reason it does is because of WarCraft 3. Heck, even if WC 3 is my favourite game of all time, I did not even like that mechanic there either when farming creep in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, but at least that game had farmable resources from trees and gold mines. Dota and LoL do not have that same luxury, even if they created items that would help certain roles to generate gold. It was not a well thought out mechanic that the modders came up with; it is a relic from a game where said mechanic played a minor part in its design.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-08-28 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    In your logic basketball is not a real sport because, basketball does not have goalposts,does not have goalkeeprs and etc. Bastetball is tottaly different sport than football.
    So basketball is not a real sport.

Deleted
    In your logic basketball is not a real sport because, basketball does not have goalposts,does not have goalkeeprs and etc. Bastetball is tottaly different sport than football.

Last hitting and denying are methods for gathering resources. last hitting, are the first methods in mobas for gathering the resources.
    If the first method in the original dota was zig zagging around minions you will wrote how these dota or lol players are so skilled in zig zagging and how last hitting is stupid mechanic.

Deleted

Last hitting and denying are methods for gathering resources. last hitting, are the first methods in mobas for gathering the resources.
    If the first method in the original dota was zig zagging around minions you will wrote how these dota or lol players are so skilled in zig zagging and how last hitting is stupid mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Q2 earnings are in for Blizzard and its a profitable one. 15 million copies of Overwatch sold, $900 million in microtransactions and even a slight uptick in wow player numbers. It all seems golden -well except for SC2 which kind of seems to be withering on the vine a little- but one interesting thing is a complete lack of Heroes of the Storm in their press releases.

Its no secret MOBA's are an oversaturated market and anything not League of DOTA 2 has been dying off and HotS hasn't exactly been a power house -literally the only time i've heard someone mention it was someone after a WoW pet from a cross game promotion. So was the Blizzard ips character roster not enough to keep it growing? I've not played it since beta but i've heard its problems lie more in horrible attempts at running esports events for it rather than the game. Though it begs the question, is this the first actual Blizzard flop?

They have cancelled games before release before, had things like Warlords be met with a large negative reaction from a sizeable portion of its fanbase but i cant think of another retail release by Blizzard thats been such a comparative flop to all its other products to the point its not even worth mentioning in their quarterly reports.

I'm sure there must be some Blizzard dies hards enjoying it for the characters alone, but is this just being silently swept under the rug as the singular failed release by Blizzard?

Or is it just another sign of people being sick of "yet another moba" and sticking to the other blizzard titles with established audiences?
    your problem is that you didnt list one reason why they'd allegedly have 'given up" on hots

- - - Updated - - -

see that all sounds terrible.

i never get why people say "hots is a moba for people that dont like mobas"

people like mobas. they just dont like the ones that came before. Like i was flabergasted when i found out that you compete with your team for experience. How do you expect to have a non toxic player base with that ?

People need to really get over themselves and stop acting like things that are complicated are more mature, pro or whatever.

rock paper scissors is way less complicated than football, and way more fun
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted

Deleted

Last hittin and denying are methods for gathering resources. last hitting, are the first methods in mobas for gathering the resources.