Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I still don't understand why people bother with QM at this point
    You pretty much have to if you wanna level new heroes to 5 in a reasonable amount of time. Either that or versus AI.

I'd assume that if someone complains about players performance he wouldn't complain about QM, 50% of win condition comes from you team comp, QM eliminates that, so when you click into QM you basically gamble with your win, and complaining about stuff you have no control over is pointless (and by extension - playing QM).
    Also i've seen more weird picks when i was dropping down like an axe in a lake into plat
    While I agree with you that complaining about QM is a bit "pointless", I would argue that more than half the complaints in here are about QM. Hell there are complains about matches vs AI.

People bother with QM because they either want to play specific heroes, want to play with no stakes, or just want to play something silly to relax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    While I agree with you that complaining about QM is a bit "pointless", I would argue that more than half the complaints in here are about QM. Hell there are complains about matches vs AI.

People bother with QM because they either want to play specific heroes, want to play with no stakes, or just want to play something silly to relax.
    That explains a lot.
    I don't understand why you can't play specific heroes in draft tho, unless their ban percentage is 100%. And losing due to team composition isn't something i would consider relaxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Played 2 games after like 10 days of nothing, faced 2 Tyrande in a row, haven't touched it since like 5 days ago EleGiggle

That explains a lot.
    I don't understand why you can't play specific heroes in draft tho, unless their ban percentage is 100%. And losing due to team composition isn't something i would consider relaxing
    Sometimes people hate feeling obligated to fill, especially for a role they have no interest in.

It's the unfortunate side-effect of Draft.

Not to say that QM can't be improved- I think it's gotten even more terrible than usual recently.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post

And get into matches without a 10 minute waiting time.

there is definitely a punishment queue of some kind

getting trash after trash teams in HL

discovered my problem, was trying to be a team player

win rate improves when i stop giving a hot gay fuck and not filling on request

what is this moral you are teaching me blizz
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-09-04 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Played 2 games after like 10 days of nothing, faced 2 Tyrande in a row, haven't touched it since like 5 days ago EleGiggle
    Spammed Tyrande today. Got the bird to 550%, we were losing, until my bird one shot lvl 22 chromie and uther while they were trying to boss lol. EZ mode.

its been stupid suicidal Ilidans all day, who rage quit mdigame when we don't help their suicidal 1v5 charges as they back flip to put the enemy team between us and them. Despite the fact we were still winning.

What the hell is going on today? I keep running into them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Did this last big patch rebooted people Elo’s or something? I got to plat last season, I don’t know if it somehow affects the people you get matched with in Quick Match or not, but since the season ended (still haven’t went ranked matches) I’ve been getting tons and tons of bad players in my games, we are talking about players over level 500 getting 0/0/10 with little over 10k hero damage at 15 minutes game time kind of bad… either on my team or the enemy’s, leading up to lots of short, boring/frustrating matches =/
    Each game type has their own mmr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Each game type has their own mmr.
    The problem is they influence each other in a way.

For example you can just level your 10 Heroes to 5 in A.I and then faceroll on Valeera in QM to ramp up your MMR as your first HL games are based on the only available data.

I am not saying you get to Diamond 3 immediately, but it allows you to place higher.

Literally never had placement matches this bad. Usually I'd go 7/3 at worst, usually better, and the losses would come late as I get matched with much better opponents (perhaps better than me, there is that possibility) and much weaker teams. This season... 4 losses in the first 4 games. It's like my teams are just worse in every department every time, combined with stupid picks like or borderline lobby trolling. If I play dps, I'll top the damage, but the next person from my team will be 5th on the list, if I play tank or healer, we'll lack damage to the point that it doesn't matter how long I keep my team alive, noone on the enemy team will die.

Finally won a game. With Illidan switching to Illidan in the last second after we had 2 squishy assassins locked and solo tank Artanis. I ended up doubling the healing of the other team's healer. That said, everyone outperformed their counterparts, even if not by as large a margin as I had. I guess my MMR did actually drop so low. The way these people drafted and rotated made me feel like it shouldn't be higher than silver, and they were in high plat. God damn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Faced a Lost Vikings player named 'Boygroup'. Well played, anonymous person on the interwebs.

Where the hell have all these Abathurs come from? There's an Abathur in every game!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Where the hell have all these Abathurs come from? There's an Abathur in every game!
    If you are playing Tyrande, Zarya or another Sustain hero it's really likely you'll go up against one.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    If you are playing Tyrande, Zarya or another Sustain hero it's really likely you'll go up against one.
    I did play some Tyrande, but I'd expect to have longer queues. Every game where I went up against an Abathur was so instant that I wouldn't have had time to cancel the queue. Button clicked, button disappeared because game was found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got placed in low silver due to a terrible spree of placement games.

This game really is good at crushing your spirits, finally a placement match after a lot of try harding and trying to steer team after team.

Enemy picks Tracer and zeratul, diablo, zeebo, uther. I started ours of with Valla, the next guy picks dva as a tank ><, then rehgar, followed by dehaka since we needed something else although leoric was better. And fuck me the last pick after telling him not to multiple times picks Kel'thuzad.

Seriously. As expected Kel did below rehgar hero dmg since he couldn't hit anything and was most of the time dead. It was also one of those rare occasions where you had another russian going absolutely berserk on that russian who was playing kel. Sadly not really a good comfort.

Silver tier really feels like herding cats, telling them to skip an event to regain levels to not run off solo to stay together to listen, it works half of the time, but sadly half of the time gets me nowhere in climbing ranks again. Need to find something i can carry with what sadly does not really exist in this game since team screw ups are your screw ups

text
    I think the best thing you can do in the lower league is just going for as much waveclear as possible. If people are that stupid, on average the other team should have just as many stupid people. And a lot of those people never check the minimap. Out-soaking and winning solely through a massive xp advantage should help you get out of there. Xul, Azmodan, Zagara, Jaina, Rehgar, Johanna, just to mention a few. Every role has heroes that have great waveclear. Clear the wave in less than 5 seconds, and rotate elsewhere. come back to the lane 30 seconds later and repeat the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think the best thing you can do in the lower league is just going for as much waveclear as possible. If people are that stupid, on average the other team should have just as many stupid people. And a lot of those people never check the minimap. Out-soaking and winning solely through a massive xp advantage should help you get out of there. Xul, Azmodan, Zagara, Jaina, Rehgar, Johanna, just to mention a few. Every role has heroes that have great waveclear. Clear the wave in less than 5 seconds, and rotate elsewhere. come back to the lane 30 seconds later and repeat the process.
    Tried that before, i'll try it again in hope they finally climb again. It is immensely frustrating to get win streaks when you can never coordinate with your team or get handicapped from the draft.

However i'm certain that if i do that it still highly depends on the rest of my team not becoming suicidal and not being a complete mess in team fights.

Tried that before, i'll try it again in hope they finally climb again. It is immensely frustrating to get win streaks when you can never coordinate with your team or get handicapped from the draft.

However i'm certain that if i do that it still highly depends on the rest of my team not becoming suicidal and not being a complete mess in team fights.
    When it comes right down to it, you can only control your own contribution to the game. But as long as you can ensure that you play properly, your team only has a risk of being comprised of 4 morons, whereas the enemy team runs the risk of 5 morons.

I know this is highly counter-intuitive given the team-oriented nature of this game, but don't trust your team to be able to do anything. Pick your heroes and your battles accordingly.