Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down why crucible is stupid

edit2: i miscalculated stuff :'D - values below are correct though. (for my character)

1 out of 3 points in a T2 trait grants you about 6 to 24k dps
    so having the weakest t2 trait across all 3 relics will grant you 18k dps, and having the best will grant u 72k dps.

this is stupid.
    we will have to re-evaluate our relics whenever we get a new one cause traits change.

it will be a pain in the ass for lootcouncil to evaluate things

the thing is that most casuals don't know what trait is the best so they won't even know if they got lucky with rng
    and players who min-max will just be annoyed that blizzard added another rng element
    so why add it in the first place?

I get that getting the right legendary feels good, I understand why blizzard did it. But this is dumb since most players don't know how to evaluate it.

edit:

since some1 asked, here's frost mage sims for 3/3 points into t2 and 3/3 into T1
    https://gyazo.com/b775eec951f8bbd52d45fd69b1b680b7

Put this below your /simc copy pasta to sim it yourself.
    (it shows how much dps you gain from 3/3 points in certain t2 crucible traits)

copy="Torment_the_weak_3pt"
    crucible=1780:3:1739:3

copy="Shadowbind_3pt"
    crucible=1778:3:1739:3

copy="Chaotic_Darkness_3pt"
    crucible=1779:3:1739:3

copy="Dark_Sorrows_3pt"
    crucible=1781:3:1739:3

copy="Master_Of_Shadows_3pt"
    crucible=1771:3:1739:3

copy="Murderous_Intent_3pt"
    crucible=1774:3:1739:3

copy="Shocklight_3pt"
    crucible=1777:3:1739:3

copy="Light_Speed_3pt"
    crucible=1770:3:1739:3

copy="Secure_In_The_Light_3pt"
    crucible=1782:3:1739:3

copy="Infusion_Of_Light_3pt"
    crucible=1783:1:1739:3
    This is worst crucible traits vs best possible crucible traits with all tiers unlocked. (no defensive traits)
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-09-22 at 12:55 PM.

Or you could simply enjoy the game and not be such a try-hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace your council with the personal loot feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I can't see what issues we'll meet, for we aren't at Antorus yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, not ideal if that's the case. Do you have sims to back those numbers up?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    1 point in a T2 trait grants you about 6 to 24k dps
    so having the weakest t2 trait across all 3 relics will grant you 18k dps, and having the best will grant u 72k dps.

now lets look at dps gain from relic ilvl

upgrading a 930 relic to 935 is about 10k dps gain.

a 930 relic with godly crucible traits is worth +75k dps
    a 935 relic however with the worst traits is about +18k dps

see what issues we will be running into?

this basically means that a 955 relic can be worse than a 930 relic.

930 -> 955 is about 50k dps upgrade
    a 930 with good crucible traits is +75k dps gain
    a 955 with the worst crucible traits is 50k+18k = 68k dps gain

this is stupid.
    we will have to re-evaluate our relics whenever we get a new one cause traits change.

it will be a pain in the ass for lootcouncil to evaluate things
    Are you in a bleeding edge Mythic progression guild? If so, your loot council will already have spreadsheets dedicated to who gets what upgrades and how. If not, keep your fingers off your keyboard and relax. Upgrades are upgrades, and NLC is another RNG experiment anyways. Why do people feel the need to cry so loudly on MMOC forums about Blizzard design decisions they can't control?

Deleted
    Why would you use higher ilvl relics if they lower dps? Who is stupid again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    Are you in a bleeding edge Mythic progression guild? If so, your loot council will already have spreadsheets dedicated to who gets what upgrades and how. If not, keep your fingers off your keyboard and relax. Upgrades are upgrades, and NLC is another RNG experiment anyways. Why do people feel the need to cry so loudly on MMOC forums about Blizzard design decisions they can't control?
    Why do you need to post shit when you have no idea what you are talking about?

The crucible is dumb probably the worst feature to be ever implemented in the game it has no value apart from more rng and frustration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    Why would you use higher ilvl relics if they lower dps? Who is stupid again?
    the thing is that you don't know what crucible traits higher ilvl relics have, you can only figure it out in the preview window after looting them, and that makes them soulbound.
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-09-12 at 02:44 PM.

Well maybe you treat relics just the way you did before? Give them to whom it is the biggest upgrade. And if it is not an upgrade for anybody give it to those that have the biggest "potential" upgrade. Simple and easy. Just as it ist now.

Crucibly traits are a bonus and can not be seen in advance so you can only decide on old+traits versus new-possible_traits.

Deleted
    You're understating it, because 10k dps for 1-2 weapon ilvl (5 relic ilvl) is very good scaling. Some specs only gain 2-3k dps or less from 1 weapon ilvl. Tier 2 crucible traits can be worth more than 10 weapon ilvl, and regular traits can be worth more than 5 weapon ilvl. You can be better off using an 880 relic with the best traits over a 950 relic with bad traits.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    You're understating it, because 10k dps for 1-2 weapon ilvl (5 relic ilvl) is very good scaling. Some specs only gain 2-3k dps or less from 1 weapon ilvl. Tier 2 crucible traits can be worth more than 10 weapon ilvl, and regular traits can be worth more than 5 weapon ilvl. You can be better off using an 880 relic with the best traits over a 950 relic with bad traits.
    Which in it self makes this whole thing a mess of giant proportion.

Hey does everyone remember when we moved away from Reforging and Talent Trees because it was too counter-intuitive/not fun.

Good times

Newsflash: you cannot only rely on item level. So hard! Just sim it and don't look at ilvl...

:thinkcorn:

NLC complaints have started boyssss.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmike06 View Post
    Or you could simply enjoy the game and not be such a try-hard.
    Or you could simply not be a casual and enjoy the game while others try enjoy the game -they- want to enjoy, min maxing has been a thing for MMO players since day one, I can understand you don't care as a newcomer with all the millions of damages we're doing nowadays, but the rest of us care and you should consider their position at the very least.

Or you know, go away.

Anyway, like the poster said himself min maxing Is a thing some of us like and Blizzard just adds MORE random elements... cause Diablo 3 had so many hence we must have them too now, I'm looking at you, half of WoW dev team that was Diablo 3 dev team. Legendaries, so much RNG and rifts-..I mean Invasion points DONT WORK ON WOW, they're too much RNG bs, they're pointless, unrewarding, don't punish people who just afk In them and do nothing and It just becomes a clusterfudge.

Invasions points In particular would work better If they had unique art assets, combined with actual new races for us to meet In this so-called "Army of the light" that would tell us to go to these worlds and also tell us some lore about them, since they claim Argus Is the heaviest lore patch ever. But so far I visited Sethekk Hollows, Grizzly Hills and what looked like an Outlandish area (Pun Intended), I know they said art assets take most development time but that's no excuse to skim on them now.

I still wonder what we'll do until next expansion, they said Argus Is the last one, and the expansion Is to be announced at Blizzcon, after which a minimum of 6 months we'll have to wait, hopefully more for them to polish everything.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Our loot council is not looking forward to it because its just random now because it adds way more complexity to loot distribution. Like you have to know what everyone's current t2 trait is, what the value of their other t2 traits are and the value of their normal traits.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Why do you need to post shit when you have no idea what you are talking about?

The crucible is dumb probably the worst feature to be ever implemented in the game it has no value apart from more rng and frustration.
    Because petulant children like yourself always cry when new features are implemented. You have no idea how to enjoy the game, as is, nor do you seem to understand the simple concept of speaking with your wallet and play time. The entire player base doesn't feel the same level of dissatisfaction you do, and if they did, no one would play. Get over yourself Captain cry baby. Go play another game or move on with your life already.

People like you: those who spend all their time crying about new features, are the most vitriolic cry babies I've every seen. I hope some day you all grow up to realize that this is just a game, and when you have a real job, a real career, and a family to take care of you'll look back on all the stupid comments you made on a third party fan site and go "what the hell was i thinking back then?"

Until then, get some Kleenex for all them tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    News for some of you Blizz fanboys/white knights: there's a capped out 500 post thread on Blizz 7.3 PTR Feedback forum about this, that Lore had responded to, that is about 99% negative on Crucible and for very sound reasons.

The Netherlight Crucible And You

...and a similar thread: Please Cancel the Netherlight Crucible.

I'll predict that this is not going to go well, and more people will be quitting because of it. People are just fed up and burned out with the endless RNG, time gates, slow downs, and bullshit that Legion has been from the git.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-09-12 at 06:18 PM.

The crucible is stupid because it's yet another RNG fest. I wanted more RNG in my relics, how did Blizzard know!?