Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Damn that is so nice, so how do you know you can just buy the mount alone
    You can't but them separately, but they're available ingame right after purchase of virtual ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, but I would hate it if Blizzard made a new unique ground mount when I knew Blizzard planned to cripple ground mounts in current content. Remember when Blizzard put a unique flier on the box of WoD as a pre-order bonus? Exactly that feeling.
    WoD situation =/= current situation.

Can't do anything about someone's feels in terms of mounts though, so... It's just no more strange to be excited over a new, unique mount which can fly than to NOT feel excited solely because it can't be used in 1 patch worth of current content...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Fixed. Still gonna pay $40 for the mounts though.
    you could just pay with glod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Spoken like someone who has the time to make 7 posts a day on MMO Champion. You will find however, that most people don't have as much time to waste on meaningless crap like a video game convention.
    spoken like someone who sit in his basement all day and has no clue about the real world out there....

And then 12 different re-skins of the same mounts by the next expansion!!

Deleted
    I guess I just don't get the excitement over flying mounts when the amount that you're going to actually get to use them is so little.
    well they work (contrary to the druid class "mount") everywhere, even in no fly zones and on the ground they can shot the canon.... and its a 2 person mount.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also just strange that the excitement seems in complete opposite to the expressed views: "Hates flying. Loves new flying mount."
    It's just really strange.
    because they also work on the GROUND is that concept so hard to grasp for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoD situation =/= current situation.

Can't do anything about someone's feels in terms of mounts though, so... It's just no more strange to be excited over a new, unique mount which can fly than to NOT feel excited solely because it can't be used in 1 patch worth of current content...
    WoD: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)

Virtual Ticket: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)

Don't get me completely wrong here: I understand that it's a unique bonus thing that's completely extra and in-addition to what you're actually paying for(the virtual ticket). I get that people like to collect mounts. I just think that, given Blizzard's stance and treatment of flight, it's strange that they're still using flying mounts as a bonus, and that people are getting inordinately excited about it.

You disagree. I guess that's all there really is to say about it. /shrug

Thats pretty cool mounts, aye.

WoD: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)

Virtual Ticket: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)

Don't get me completely wrong here: I understand that it's a unique bonus thing that's completely extra and in-addition to what you're actually paying for(the virtual ticket). I get that people like to collect mounts. I just think that, given Blizzard's stance and treatment of flight, it's strange that they're still using flying mounts as a bonus, and that people are getting inordinately excited about it.

for all you know they will announce a new expansion at blizzcon and they won't gate flying an we'll be flying between flying islands on our new airships. Do I think that's likely? no, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I literally took out my credit card and threw it at my monitor whilest having the blizzard website open.
    Do you think we'll have a future where that will work?

Think the mount will ever go to the shop or is this a one time only thing ?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The token prices have had a huge jump today. Between the fox pet and now the Blizzcon stuff the token has jump 20 in a few hours today in both the EU and NA. People might be saying they don't want these things the price hike says otherwise. Great day for Blizzard, getting a bunch of people to spend extra money so somebody else can buy stuff with gold.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I just think that, given Blizzard's stance and treatment of flight, it's strange that they're still using flying mounts as a bonus, and that people are getting inordinately excited about it.

Meh, their "stance" and "treatment" of flying was done away with in WoD. The Legion model is the model moving forward. As someone inherently pro-flying, I'll take that.

And I'll also take them designing mounts based on what they want to make, rather than taking care to not offend people whom somehow came to expect being able to fly in new patch areas added beyond the release zones. These 2 ships are amazing, and I'll use them across several characters in flying zones as well as grounded ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Well, the Blizzcon bear mount didn't go on a shop. Neither have any of the pets.

So it's doubtful, the shitstorm would be real at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I mean, for $40 you get 2 mounts, so it's like $20 a piece, which is $5 cheaper than other shop mounts.
    I probably won't watch anything blizzcon related, but the mounts alone seem like a bargain, all things considered.
    It is kinda only one mount since they are faction specific.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Highly unlikely to see it on the shop. They could foolishly reskin them and put different ones up on the shop, but that would harm future sales of virtual tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you could just pay with glod.
    As many seem to be doing in NA and EU, token prices have gone up 20k on both in a few hours.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    A better look:

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    A better look:
    I knew this day would come.

One day, they would add a mount to the Blizzcon goodies, and I would want it so bad I would throw my money at the screen.

This day finally came.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    for all you know they will announce a new expansion at blizzcon and they won't gate flying an we'll be flying between flying islands on our new airships. Do I think that's likely? no, but you never know...
    Sure, it's possible. But keep in mind the people I'm referring to have been some of the strongest supporters of Blizzard's No-Flying position. Some of these people, if they follow their own arguments, would be the MOST disappointed about an expansion that was built around flight and airships. That's why I said it seems like they're "inordinately excited".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Meh, their "stance" and "treatment" of flying was done away with in WoD. The Legion model is the model moving forward. As someone inherently pro-flying, I'll take that.

And I'll also take them designing mounts based on what they want to make, rather than taking care to not offend people whom somehow came to expect being able to fly in new patch areas added beyond the release zones. These 2 ships are amazing, and I'll use them across several characters in flying zones as well as grounded ones.
    Given what I've seen of how Blizzard treats flying, these mounts come across as more hype for the following carrot. It's exactly the same thing they did with the Pre-order mount for WoD, and later on Pathfinder: Building up and suggesting that flying will be a thing, followed by only the most technical, bare-minimum fulfillment of making flight interesting or useful.

But go ahead and get excited if you want to. I'm not here telling anyone how to play. I'm just expressing my opinion on the subject, the same as anyone else.

Deleted
    Do you get both factions of the mounts or do you have to choose, is it both for one ticket ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again if you have a source then I'll gladly accept it.

If you want to throw pointless insults because someone said an event is a yearly tradition then I won't bother with you from this point.

- - - Updated - - -

They are in the game right now. You get these mounts when you get the ticket.
    Thank you for the confirmation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Do you get both factions of the mounts or do you have to choose, is it both for one ticket ?
    You get both in the virtual ticket.

I have only bought 1 mount in the shop before and I've never bought the virtual ticket before, but the moment I saw the alliance mini airship I just had to get it. It looks so fucking cool. The horde one is cool as well, but the alliance one...

Kinda bummed though as All my 110s are horde on a server I like while my alliance characters are all lvl 100 on a server I don't like as much :/
    Last edited by nalle; 2017-09-13 at 10:08 PM.

Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz