Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Then I got permabanned. Now I don't ever care enough to be mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    pleasure lies in collecting now, and the new epic is mythic purple/legendary
    Not quite, because purples and legendaries are bound to an unknown dice roll on caches or chests or random things, add the dice rolls for titanforging and stats, etc.
    Yeah, i got some legendary boots on emysary quests. My friend got an armor doing a normal mythic. So what? What's the fun of it? we just got lucky doing whatever.

Old purples had fixed stats and exact places where to find them. When you saw someone with a cool set or weapon, you knew they did the hardest content and managed to beat it (and yeah, they got the lucky drop, but even then it was just a fixed drop chance on the content), and that made you feel hyped to play the game, and made that dude with the item feel awesome. Right now I just see people with legendaries and think nothing of it because we all have the same items and we all get them from time to time
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The 'old' days are gone
    Stop lying. They're not gone.

All you have to do is search. There are plenty of places providing the true World of Warcraft experience.

Moderation note: Do not start talking about illegal servers. No further warnings [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-14 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

All you have to do is search. There are plenty of places providing the true World of Warcraft experience.
    MMO-C, for one. The bitching and moaning is just as rampant here as it has been since Day 1.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    Not quite, because purples and legendaries are bound to an unknown dice roll on caches or chests or random things, add the dice rolls for titanforging and stats, etc.
    Yeah, i got some legendary boots on emysary quests. My friend got an armor doing a normal mythic. So what? What's the fun of it? we just got lucky doing whatever.

Old purples had fixed stats and exact places where to find them. When you saw someone with a cool set or weapon, you knew they did the hardest content and managed to beat it (and yeah, they got the lucky drop, but even then it was just a fixed drop chance on the content), and that made you feel hyped to play the game, and made that dude with the item feel awesome. Right now I just see people with legendaries and think nothing of it because we all have the same items and we all get them from time to time
    how would you feel looking at someone with every single mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe, achievements (including gladiator), and the best or near best gear available at the moment ?

how would you feel looking at someone with every single mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe, achievements (including gladiator), and the best or near best gear available at the moment ?
    Show me someone that has that and I'll tell you.
    There is rarely any mount that feels epic anymore (some still are and i think they are pretty great), and some aren't actually rare, just limited edition or event bound (same with pets, etc).
    Tell me, can you easily spot someone in dalaran that is in full ToS Mythic gear? I'm pretty sure you can't, not because they have a transmog, but because he doesn't look all that different from someone that has the same set from LFR. What's that item you really want to get now? since legendaries come in every box of cereal. Back in the old days spotting someone on a t5 was marvelous, and you know they had to work hard to get that. Wielding the warglaives of azzinoth? that was fucking bananas.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen anymore. I recently saw a guy on a dark/red horse on a full pvp set and was delighted by his looks. It's just that it rarely happens, and there's hardly anything to look forward to get and that makes you feel unique.

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    Show me someone that has that and I'll tell you.
    There is rarely any mount that feels epic anymore (some still are and i think they are pretty great), and some aren't actually rare, just limited edition or event bound (same with pets, etc).
    Tell me, can you easily spot someone in dalaran that is in full ToS Mythic gear? I'm pretty sure you can't, not because they have a transmog, but because he doesn't look all that different from someone that has the same set from LFR. What's that item you really want to get now? since legendaries come in every box of cereal. Back in the old days spotting someone on a t5 was marvelous, and you know they had to work hard to get that. Wielding the warglaives of azzinoth? that was fucking bananas.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen anymore. I recently saw a guy on a dark/red horse on a full pvp set and was delighted by his looks. It's just that it rarely happens, and there's hardly anything to look forward to get and that makes you feel unique.
    talk to me in 5 years about that : P
    I think the prestige comes in "completing" the game more than ever, where before it was about getting a few recognizable rewards, there's also the fact that most of the people are not capable to achieve half of what can be considered impressive, imo

talk to me in 5 years about that : P
    I think the prestige comes in "completing" the game more than ever, where before it was about getting a few recognizable rewards, there's also the fact that most of the people are not capable to achieve half of what can be considered impressive, imo
    I guess you are right, maybe the game is not targeted towards me and my kind of consumers, and that's kinda sad. I guess it wouldn't be that much of a problem if content weren't locked behind time gates and RNG. Time gates I can understand, but RNG for every single aspect of the game really grinds my gears (And I'm looking at you, Diablo 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleecher View Post
    Iknow the goal is mythic raiding, but its not a cool as it was in the old days. When you saw a guy with FULL nightslayer or bloodfang, you would stop up and look at this dude and say "wow dude your tooo cool" . This dont happen anymore. And the casuals dont really care ,because they can get the same gear from LFR just in another color. Yeah the mythic raider get BETTER gear and COOL achievements, but that is not nearly as cool as cool gear and showing it off.
    I could not care less how my character looks, and I care even less about what some stranger thinks. But yeah, if that is what you care about, then the game has changed.

Personally, I value the gameplay challenges and so I think there are a lot more "cool" things now than there have ever been in the past.

I've been playing since beta from when they launched the beta pvp server (April 2004?) too.

When I was just a newbie in vanilla and the start of TBC I never got to experience a raid or get an epic for max level. I was actually blown by my first dungeon group where we walked together as a group to clear the place, which felt special back then. But I liked how there was this piece of end game looking forward to where you had to join a group 5x as big, bosses being a lot harder, the actual raids being a lot bigger, and the loot being some of the best in the game. While I never got to experience this in vanilla (but eventually in TBC) it was something to look forward to and work for your spot. Back then you needed to have minimum requirements to get a spot in the raid, so I did my best to gear up my character by running heroics all day, work on my professions a lot, even running battlegrounds and some PvP items were a lot better than what I was wearing.

I think the game today is to accesible and offers little to no challenge outside of mythic raiding. I guess it makes sense to make your game easier if its getting to old, because the casuals will always outnumber the hardcores by a margin. But now I'm in a position where I don't feel like I need to work for content that I'm looking forward to see. Farming gear now feels like a huge chore, and when I get an item it doesn't feel as satisfying as getting an epic in TBC from a dungeon boss or something. There is probably more to do today than it was back then, but I loved the game for what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iknow the goal is mythic raiding, but its not a cool as it was in the old days. When you saw a guy with FULL nightslayer or bloodfang, you would stop up and look at this dude and say "wow dude your tooo cool" . This dont happen anymore. And the casuals dont really care ,because they can get the same gear from LFR just in another color. Yeah the mythic raider get BETTER gear and COOL achievements, but that is not nearly as cool as cool gear and showing it off.
    No, the goal is not mythic raiding for everyone.

No, I never stopped to admire strangers in the street wearing gear. Whatever the goal of each individual's game may be--it will be different from player to player--I don't think anyone logs on to hang out somewhere and fawn over a mythic raider and his gear. There seems to be a contingent of people that think that's a problem with the game but no, lack of player worship is not a problem for anyone other than those that are narcissistic enough to think this is a cool thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt if I would even notice the gear to be honest. As I said above I don't haunt the streets looking for people standing around waiting to be admired. As for the rest of it, why the hell would I even care about someone else's mounts, pets, toys, achievements, etc.

Play the game. Have fun. Spend less time thinking that you're some sort of superior human being because you are geared out.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account

No, they aren't providing the 'true' World of Warcraft experience, they are thieves trying to mimic it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

When I saw a player in full nightslayer all i thought was "Wow that armor is extremely ugly."

I'm a Vanilla player too. Wohoo, lucky me, get me my medal.

Tell you what, it's beyond ridiculous. Whatever the game was or wasn't in 2004 - for fuck's sake, you obviously don't realize it's been almost 14 years. I don't even know what it was any more. I can hardly remember the youngster I was back then. I'm 100% sure it's a sign of massive personality development issues when people still harp on about a goddamn VIDEO GAME they've been playing 14 years ago. You're stuck on some weird adolescence trip and can't snap out of it. Grow up already!

10+ Year Old Account

hahaha yeah sure, that garbage is not even close to "true" wow experience
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Play the game. Have fun. Spend less time thinking that you're some sort of superior human being because you are geared out.
    Not a superior human being. A superior player? Damn right I am.

The same people that say stuff like that are the same people that complain once I deny their application to my mythic+ group.

Ooo, another riveting discussion concerning WoW of old vs. WoW of the present day.

I'm just here to laugh at the narcissists here pining for the days where people supposedly sat there and gawked at a raider's gear, not realizing that most of said gawkers were probably not even teenagers irl at that time.

MMOs have different reward structure, and it often stills caters more toward completing difficult content. So there's still exclusivity that's available. Just because some 30 minute a day player can get a reward now that shares the same color text as yours doesn't mean a thing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    MMOs have different reward structure, and it often stills caters more toward completing difficult content. So there's still exclusivity that's available. Just because some 30 minute a day player can get a reward now that shares the same color text as yours doesn't mean a thing, really.
    Well, it means that a player that plays the game for 30 minutes reaps the same rewards as a player that plays for 2 hours.. It feels unrewarding. Not only to the latter but also to the first player.

Bad system.

Not a superior human being. A superior player? Damn right I am.

The same people that say stuff like that are the same people that complain once I deny their application to my mythic+ group.
    Not really. I frequently out dps people of the same spec in better gear. All gear means is that you bothered to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never once in Vanilla did I look up to someone for simply having gear.
    The gear itself was awesome, but I couldn't have given a shit less about the people wearing it.

Edit: lol @ these people who looked up to someone fornplayjbg a game, and are nownipset people don't do the same for them. Get the fuck over yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.