Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You of all people being a moderator and all should understand that punishment is not about the "victim" of an offense suddenly enjoying what happened to the perpetrator of the offense. Unless you feel that imprisonment is about the victim thinking "hahaha look whats happening now hes rotting in prison" and capital punishment is about the lols of a victim's family while someone is executed.

You of all people should care more about the people you punish for whatever reason that they are actually educated. Instead you seem to prefer a system where you will punish people and then sit down with your buddies and enjoy what you did.

That kinda strikes me as the very same behavior you are trying to avert. But ofc its all about showing whos in charge and yeah this way mods/GMs and all those pretending to "police" anything just abuse their power and now with the overwatch feature can show it off and throw a party.

P.S. Its now about "throwing a punch" with silences its about not having 480.000 players being toxic against 340.000 players. Since the number approaches 1 million players I would think deeper into why the fuck the so called community is so sick.

340.000 ruffians is really obnoxious dont u think?
    The enjoyment of the victim is irrelevant, I just mean it's important for the victim to know that people are held accountable. I don't really get how that plays into what you're talking about. Sure the system can be abused, but that's pretty much true of any system and it's really the best they can do. Not to mention that making bans more public serves to help educate.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-09-14 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for replying. Many bans are triggered aka someone provokes a reaction and then reports the provoked person who finally reacted. Provoking a reaction can be as simple as entering a game and dropping flag on purpose to make your team lose.

That in itself is not reportable. But shout something bad at the guy who did it and boom you are reported. With the old system there is at least some doubt and conservation. With a system that will tell you "hey you reported X and we banned him for you" the sky is the limit for a whole new game of baiting others to ban them. Happens in this forum as well.

I have been baited and I admit at times I provoked someone to his breaking point and then reported them. I speak from inside when I tell you such systems are not good.

As for the so called "silence" system I doubt it was ever implemented people talk like walking sewers everywhere.
    I can see getting notifications on a ban action serving as a type of positive reinforcement to report happy people. I hope that when the system is implemented they will make a point of telling people that X person got banned due to Y reports of which yours was one. That way people don't get the impression that they can single handedly ban someone. It may seem obvious that one report isn't enough but you never know with some people.

Deleted
    What nonsense. The idea with giving feedback to reporting players is to show them that reporting actually works and they keep using the tools that are in-game to get rid of those toxic turd piles ruining the fun for everyone else.
    Shooters in general have a tendency to attract the more, let's say, unsavory kind of player, and if you've ever had the "pleasure" of being in an online lobby of Halo on Xbox Live with random players you should know what crap goes on there.
    For voice chat, you need reporting tools. There isn't really a carrot you can dangle at people (simply because players are very slow to report/commend nice team mates), so reporting the bad apples is what's left.
    The other option would be for Blizzard to automatically monitor what people say in team chat and have software look for "bad words" and that would just really be a mess.

15+ Year Old Account
    So overwatch is becoming a "player vs player reporting game". 340.000 people accounts 480.000 accounts. That is the population of a bic city reported the population of an even bigger city.

Unsurprising how blizzard doesn't get that this is not normal and not only that but they want to give the reporting player the warm feeling of satisfaction that being a ruffian actually works and he can use a special mechanism to directly hurt a fellow player for petty things like being called a cunt when he was actually playing like a cunt.

And because the system works this way (cunts pay good money) blizzard is (as usual) prepared to go the distance to protect the cunts from being called cunts.

I will never pay a fucking penny to play dogshit games like that. It just takes a minute of looking at the guy talking to realize everything thats wrong with games these days.

"Oh boy look at our new feature now we tell you what we do to them". What a vicious CUNT you must be to implement such dogshit piles.

- - - Updated - - -

FUCK this sort of "community" that needs to feel the satisfaction of what happened to the reported player. Sick cunts. I find these sort of people to be a lot more toxic esp because they are downright hypocrites and human garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

You of all people being a moderator and all should understand that punishment is not about the "victim" of an offense suddenly enjoying what happened to the perpetrator of the offense. Unless you feel that imprisonment is about the victim thinking "hahaha look whats happening now hes rotting in prison" and capital punishment is about the lols of a victim's family while someone is executed.

You of all people should care more about the people you punish for whatever reason that they are actually educated. Instead you seem to prefer a system where you will punish people and then sit down with your buddies and enjoy what you did.

That kinda strikes me as the very same behavior you are trying to avert. But ofc its all about showing whos in charge and yeah this way mods/GMs and all those pretending to "police" anything just abuse their power and now with the overwatch feature can show it off and throw a party.

P.S. Its now about "throwing a punch" with silences its about not having 480.000 players being toxic against 340.000 players. Since the number approaches 1 million players I would think deeper into why the fuck the so called community is so sick.

340.000 ruffians is really obnoxious dont u think?
    Over 30 million copies have been sold. So about 1% of the players have been banned for toxic and bad behavior. I fail to see how that's a community bullying players. Maybe people should'nt be ass fucks in the game?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I mean... Maybe instead of having to develop a ton of tools nobody really wanted to combat "toxicity" in game, just develop the game properly so people get less frustrated?

People would be way less angry if the matchmaking wasn't pure dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Well, it' skinda frustrating when you are put against lvl 400 and 500 when you are only lvl 100 and with a lvl 11.... and you get even more mad when the lvl 500 say:"BUT LVL MEANS NOTHING LUL". Yeah, countless more hours in a game totally do not count.....
    Levels just show how many games they've played. If someone is level 1600 and at rank 2200 or something, that means they have played way more than most people BUT haven't actually improved much for it. That should be embarrassing, idk why everyone thinks its the opposite.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-09-15 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Doesn't really seem like anything is changing in terms of the rule breakers. Seems like mostly Jeff is saying the community needs to take it on themselves to be better because they are slowing down game development by reallocating resources to deal with all the toxic attitude... which isn't going to do anything, only give trolls some smug self satisfaction.

What Blizzard should really do to fix the problem is to start actually handing out bans for this kind of stuff. Not just chat silences or mutes. I'm betting a ton of resources could be saved at Blizzard if they didn't have to constantly deal with the repeat offenders.
    Yeah he means actually report people and stop ignoring it or just muting people, the devs can only do just so much when they aren't told about the people doing crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I mean... Maybe instead of having to develop a ton of tools nobody really wanted to combat "toxicity" in game, just develop the game properly so people get less frustrated?

People would be way less angry if the matchmaking wasn't pure dog shit.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omfg man, people have been screaming for a better report feature forever and they probably WOULD develop the game properly if the players weren't a bunch of whiny shitheads and they did what was best for the GAME not players who cry about every hero they get beat by rather than learn to actually PLAY and COUNTER and WORK AS A TEAM.
    Last edited by Seefer; 2017-09-15 at 03:56 AM.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah he means actually report people and stop ignoring it or just muting people, the devs can only do just so much when they aren't told about the people doing crap.
    He's not talking about reporting players. We already do that plenty in game. Jeff is saying that the community just needs to stop being so negative so Blizzard can stop hiring people to sift through all the millions of reports they receive.
    /10characters

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, it seems like the community are just getting a laugh out of this video more than anything. Positive Mental Attitude people!

I'd say the Overwatch toxicity problem is unsolvable.

What were Blizzard thinking anyway? If you're going to make a cast of characters that are all racial stereotypes, you're going to have people that gravitate to the game just to abuse them.

e.g. I play Overwatch mainly to queue up with Symmetra players and spend the rest of the match ranting against autism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

What were Blizzard thinking anyway? If you're going to make a cast of characters that are all racial stereotypes, you're going to have people that gravitate to the game just to abuse them.

e.g. I play Overwatch mainly to queue up with Symmetra players and spend the rest of the match ranting against autism.
    What the hell are you talking about racial stereotypes being abused in the game? Good lord, thinking people come to the game just to abuse hero races *eyeroll*
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

I think you're pretty alone on that one buddy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging from the amount of people being "ass fucks" in forums I doubt its possible.
    Gotta start somewhere. I don't think any company has truly put enough resources into fixing internet toxicity so if Blizzard can put a dent in this at all they will have success.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

the main reason I play competitive is because of the reporting system and for points. I play widdow and torb mostly every match suck at it refuse to switch which is well within my rights. Then proceed to get insulted harassed flamed threatened for the rest of the game. Jokes on them tho they all get reported for abusive chat and poor teamwork and I just smile 8D

Honestly as long as there are people who can't handle losing in a mature manner there will always be toxicity in the game.

He's not talking about reporting players. We already do that plenty in game. Jeff is saying that the community just needs to stop being so negative so Blizzard can stop hiring people to sift through all the millions of reports they receive.
    Which is why blizzard needs to let players sort it out instead. Make the reporter have to attend a tribunal within a certain period of time along with everyone else that reported that player. If you don't then you wasted your report on someone. That would curb people spam reporting players because they don't like their transmog they are wearing. Basically you can't come to tribunal then no action taken against player for your report.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-09-16 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Which is why blizzard needs to let players sort it out instead. Make the reporter have to attend a tribunal within a certain period of time along with everyone else that reported that player. If you don't then you wasted your report on someone. That would curb people spam reporting players because they don't like their transmog they are wearing. Basically you can't come to tribunal then no action taken against player for your report.
    lol make strangers from the interwebs come to a tribunal lol I haven't laughed so hard in a while that's top kek 8D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You do drugs don't you? I mean after reading that you must right? Be honest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Honestly as long as there are people who can't handle losing in a mature manner there will always be toxicity in the game.
    True that, but it's not just about losing either. There are plenty of immature people who even after winning start spewing shit. The only difference is that it's just toward the enemy team, while people losing may do it to their own team or the enemy or both. People seeking (false) sense of superiority or trolls looking for a reaction? Sad either way.

Every time I watch a Jeff video I can't wait to see what Dinoflask makes out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    lol make strangers from the interwebs come to a tribunal lol I haven't laughed so hard in a while that's top kek 8D
    Isn't that what LoL did for a while?

Anyway, transferring your frustration onto the computer is 100% a player choice. Don't do it if you don't want people who just play to unwind to report you for being an ass. It is really easy to not be a toxic asshole on Overwatch if you're doing it ever then the problem is you, and kudos for Jeff for saying "Fuck off to some plebby shooter if that's you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.