Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I feel you have a difficult time separating reality from fiction.
    Says the guy that supports having a memorial with cartoon characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turismon View Post
    The way I see it, if some country raided another country, they aren't going to put it on hold because the country they are attacking is having a memorial when they decided to attack. If anything, it's good war tactics :P.
    That is actually very illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Of course it is, and you know it.

Don't be a wanker.
    Don't listen to this shit..

DO WE NOT ALL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL MEMORIAL "ruined", way back when?

You know you do. That didn't "disgrace" the memory, in fact I thought it was a GREAT idea. Some thought it was "dick-ish" SURE!. I mean that, I can understand that.
    But to ME, that's what WoW is all about no? I got into for the WAR. And warring sides, bashing eachother? What better way>?!

PLEASE GUYS!.. If I die, and you all hear about it some how, I want you ALL to grab as many players as you can, meet up somewhere and beat TF out of each other.

I would fuckin' LOVE that! Would really get the feels pumpin'.

- - - Updated - - -

That is actually very illegal.
    Only under the "Omg we're cowards Geneva convention".
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-09-15 at 08:42 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Says the guy that supports having a memorial with cartoon characters.
    The part that I don't get is you acknowledge I'm "the guy" on a forum, but become a fictional conversation with "Mindark the Human Paladin" if the medium were on WoW. I don't stop being me on WoW, and you don't stop being you on WoW. We don't suddenly roleplay by logging in.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The part that I don't get is you acknowledge I'm "the guy" on a forum, but become a fictional conversation with "Mindark the Human Paladin" if the medium were on WoW. I don't stop being me on WoW, and you don't stop being you on WoW. We don't suddenly roleplay by logging in.
    We absolutely fucking do fucking role play. MMORPG. Because I wouldn't kill you IRL, but I wouldn't think twice about putting in the grave in WoW. In fact I would love doing it, tbag, flag of ownership, 2-3 corpse camps... the whole 9 yards. Not to the extent of griefing of course. But just enough to make you think twice about playing on a PvP realm.

Here is YOUR reality check... its a GAME!
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-15 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So the Alliance on my server are doing some sort of memorial service for this guy who died 3 years ago that happened to be in their guild. Not sure how long he was with their guild but his character was only lvl 68 (they said that was his main but later stated that his name was some other name that has since been removed from the guild "mysteriously"). But I digress. They claim that they've been doing this for the past 2 years & this year they went on the realm forums and opened it up to and/all Alliance that want to attend. They stated the date & time in their post along with where in SW they will meet up and end up inside of SW.

So that leads me to my question. Is it wrong to put a raid group together and raid SW around the time that they want to have this little shindig? I mean like killing the King and then moving over to where they said they plan on ending the event at and killing any/all Alliance along the way that are flagged.

Go for it, anyone who gets pissed over an in-game attack should lighten up and chill. Memorial or not.

We absolutely fucking do fucking role play. MMORPG. Because I wouldn't kill you IRL, but I wouldn't think twice about putting in the grave in WoW. In fact I would love doing it, tbag, flag of ownership, 2-3 corpse camps... the whole 9 yards. Not to the extent of griefing of course. But just enough to make you think twice about playing on a PvP realm.

Here is YOUR reality check... its a GAME!
    We CAN roleplay. There's a distinction.

I've played on a PVP realm for the majority of my time on WoW. Some of my finest moments have been PVP related. But...if you would camp me for the sole purpose of to "make me think twice about playing on a PVP realm," then that is both griefing and self-defeating. If nobody played on the PVP realm with you, who would you PVP with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This was done years ago, i think in vanilla, and is still on of the most pathetic things to happen in gaming
    a girl died and her family watched as all her guildies and freidns from around the world came to the ceramony and spoke about her, then the horde came in and killed everyone because they were unarmed and ungeared as they were all wearing no weapons and nice looking gear over their usual raiding gear
    They could have avoided that situation by just staying out of contested areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you prefer to use a non-quantifiable metric when measuring community acceptance. "a lot of people claim the expansions were crap" Which is more of general feeling and sense of the situation and the few people you surround yourself with and not a reflection of the entire community.
    If you think people thinking MoP and Cataclysm were crap is just the people surrounding me then you were not around on these forums or the official forums. Again likes and views does not equate into acceptance by the over all community.

Once again, engaging in PvP, on PvP server is not in and of itself "griefing" regardless of reason for engaging in said activity. You're interpreting the ToS to fit YOUR argument, and they have NEVER been applied that way.
    I have never said engaging in PvP was automatically griefing. The reason for why are doing it is a determining factor in if its grieving. I have not interpreted the ToS to fit my argument. I posted two posts that referenced people being given infractions for PvPing in a manner that was considered griefing. The enforcement of the ToS over the years supports my argument.

That when you do a PvP action just to grief the other party you are crossing the line. If you are doing it to participate in PvP you are not. Just because someone says you are greifing does not necessary mean you are which is why intent and reasons play a part in it. According to you the intent and reasons for doing the action don't play a part in it being grief or not.

If it has never been applied in the manner I am suggesting then why does google provide dozens of responses asking that very question?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    We CAN roleplay. There's a distinction.

I've played on a PVP realm for the majority of my time on WoW. Some of my finest moments have been PVP related. But...if you would camp me for the sole purpose of to "make me think twice about playing on a PVP realm," then that is both griefing and self-defeating. If nobody played on the PVP realm with you, who would you PVP with?
    Game... not a social medium. Nuff said. Hold your memorial. @gaymer77 PM me with details, happy to be part of the killing squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want your memorial to turn into a PvP-fest, stay out of contested areas. It's as simple as that. Hold your memorial in SW, IF, or any of the starting areas and you are safe.

Game... not a social medium. Nuff said. Hold your memorial. @gaymer77 PM me with details, happy to be part of the killing squad.
    Any platform that allows communication can be a social medium. Games and social mediums are not mutually exclusive. And I am not holding a memorial, did you think this was about me?

15+ Year Old Account
    The RP doesn't fucking matter... and you're too hung up to see it.
    Then why do you keep discussing it? You brought up RP. Why bring it up if it doesn't matter?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If you don't want your memorial to turn into a PvP-fest, stay out of contested areas. It's as simple as that. Hold your memorial in SW, IF, or any of the starting areas and you are safe.
    THEY ARE HOLDING IT IN SW. From the OP - "They stated the date & time in their post along with where in SW they will meet up and end up inside of SW."

Read the fucking thread, people. You act all tough and you're just a bunch of wimps who grief people who would put you in the hospital if you did this shit in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again likes and views does not equate into acceptance by the over all community.
    Neither does the "tone" on the forums. Or is this your first time hearing the term "vocal minority"?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I have never said engaging in PvP was automatically griefing. The reason for why are doing it is a determining factor in if its grieving. I have not interpreted the ToS to fit my argument. I posted two posts that referenced people being given infractions for PvPing in a manner that was considered griefing. The enforcement of the ToS over the years supports my argument.

That when you do a PvP action just to grief the other party you are crossing the line. If you are doing it to participate in PvP you are not. Just because someone says you are greifing does not necessary mean you are which is why intent and reasons play a part in it. According to you the intent and reasons for doing the action don't play a part in it being grief or not.

If it has never been applied in the manner I am suggesting then why does google provide dozens of responses asking that very question?
    You absolutely are interpreting the ToS to fit your argument. Because they have NEVER been enforced in the method you are describing. I was actually one of those horde members there that day... and it was one of the more fun/memorable experiences I've had in the game. I remember the outcry by fellow guildies and horde to have these "griefers" banned. Blizzard did not take ANY action on any player that day or the days following.

So Blizzard has ALREADY weighed in on the topic, and deemed it acceptable conduct for this game. End of story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Nobody's ever been banned for simple PVP. If it extends to griefing and corpse-camping, that's different, but there's nothing inherently making attacking a memorial griefing.
    The original poster has stated that it would be far more then simple attacking the memorial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any platform that allows communication can be a social medium. Games and social mediums are not mutually exclusive. And I am not holding a memorial, did you think this was about me?
    But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point was that had they had the memorial in RL you wouldn't need to worry about things like people wrecking the event by killing the attendees.
    You can still crash real world gatherings. People have crashed funerals before. Of course they wouldn't be killing people in real life just to wreck the event. Seriously why even bring up such a ridiculous argument? You have never made that point until now and it is utterly stupid.

By taking the event INTO a fantasy world there is a certain amount of RP involved. You are playing a part, acting out your feelings... through your character, in a world that has OTHER dangers and as such certain considerations need to be made. YOU guys got hung up on the word(s) "RP" if there is a better word for it... totally open to it. But you're still acting/playing a game.
    No. Simply holding it in a fantasy world does not make it role play. I can talk about the Detroit lions game in WoW. That doesn't mean I am role playing that the Detroit Lions exist in Azeroth and that all of the other NFL teams do as well. And again if it isn't about role playing why do you keep bringing role playing into this?

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    No, you're only inhibited by your own sense of dignity and ethics. You realize you just basically said "If I could, I'd be a callous, disruptive asshole in real life but since I can't I'll at least do it in game", right?

And I entirely agree. This is why we see more assholes online than irl. What I wouldn't say is that you are RPing an asshole when you are not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior online. I would simply call you an asshole.